I was all distraught because I thought I wasn’t going to be able to participate in BBAW and then I saw on Twitter that they were in need of another interviewer so I jumped in! I had the pleasure of interviewing Dren’s B-spot for the BBAW Interview Swap! I think you will find her awesome and very interesting! I know I did! Make sure you check out her blog!
1. Please give me the basic “about you & your blog” info. What are three interesting things about yourself that your readers and fellow bloggers might not know?
I’m a book addict! There I said it. I’ve been one since grade school and never quite recovered. My current favorite genres are in Fiction – Mystery, Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance.
Three things about Dren:
1. I crochet. A LOT. I make baby blankets and afghans, etc.
2. I love World of Warcraft – haven’t played in a while but my family was so neck deep in it at one time we all had characters – me, my husband, two daughters AND my sister. We were a mess!
3. I collect the hardcovers for all of my favorite books. My goal is to set up my “Library” in my home with my private collection. I know geeky – but I’ve been collecting books since I was in high school.
2. What is your favorite review that you’ve posted to date?
My review of Cheat the Grave by Vicki Pattersson. I love her Signs of the Zodic series.
3. I see that you review alot of romance novels. As a person who is scared of the romance genre, what are two books you’d recommend to me to get me started? I’m more of a paranormal romance / urban fantasy lover 🙂 But if you just want to stick your toes in the romance genre – I would say start with Dear John by Nicholas Sparks (modern love story) or if you’re jumping in head first – Paranormal Romance style – Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (vampires). Both are excellent reads!
4. If you were stranded on a deserted island, which book would you hope you had in your purse at the time? SHADOWFEVER!!! It’s the final book in the Fever series written by Karen Marie Moning. If you want a great Urban Fantasy read with killer cliffhangers and funny characters – start that series.
5. What is your favorite blog to read that reviews a genre that you don’t typically read? I honestly don’t have a particular favorite. Everyone I follow has a different angle on the genres that I like to read – PNR, UF, Romance, Mystery, Thriller. I take a little bit of something from all of them to generate my reading lists.
6. What is your favorite part about having a book blog?
I like that I’m using my own words to describe something that I enjoy doing. I don’t write spoilers for my reviews. I just share my thoughts on the book overall. Did it flow? Was it slow? Would I recommend it? I don’t want to ruin the story for the next guy – but I love pumping them up with my experience, to get them to move it up to the top of their TBR list 🙂
7. What is your favorite movie that is based on a book?
Did you like the book or the movie better? The Lord Of the Rings Trilogy. I tried reading the series when I was younger – but didn’t have much patience for “all of those tiny words!!!” But I believe the movies brought everything Tolken wanted to say to life PERFECTLY. It’s purely a special effects movie — but isn’t that what we as readers do? Read the words and add our own special effects with our minds? LOTR (movies) did all of the mind work for us — and I loved every millisecond of it!
8. How do you keep track of the books your want to read (eg. spreadsheet, Goodreads, etc.)
I’m a Goodreads addict too 🙂 I love the flexibility of tracking books, posting reviews, reading the reviews of other book bloggers like myself. I trust GR reviews over anything I’ll find on Amazon or any other book retailer.
9. What is your favorite book from your childhood?
That would be Judy Blume’s Are You there God, it’s Me Margaret. To this day I give that book as gifts to little girls in my circle of friends.
10. If you could write yourself into any book, what would it be?
I would love to be in the Harry Potter series. Rowling did such a wonderful job with world building – who wouldn’t want to go to Hogwart’s or drink a Butter Beer with Harry and friends? Having magical abilities would be a hoot too!
Glad we got paired up! I’m with Dren on Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret. One of my all-time favorites! And I’m glad I’m not the only Goodreads addict! 🙂
Make sure you check out her questions for me!