IMM + A pathetic book buying ban attempt!

Ok, I decided to do a little vloggity vlog for IMM this week. IMM is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren and you should follow her because she is all sorts of awesomeness.  I firmly believe in the saying that, “If at first you don’t succeed–try try again.” You might be shaking your head or making a mad dash for the back button to get far away from this blog right now if you experienced the horror of my first IMM vlog.

Two things to note:

1.  I look like a total hot mess. It was really late. Let’s just pretend it was my Halloween costume…I was a poor, unemployed, exhausted college grad. True story.
2. The shirt I was wearing makes me look like I have man shoulders. I don’t. I promise.

It was a YA book buying week for me. I’ve been buying a lot of adult fiction so this week I had to catch up on a few YA titles I needed.

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
– The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn
Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

Comments

1. I like your vlog 🙂 Book buying bans are so hard for me- it's like making it forbidden makes it even more tempting!

2. Haha I have the exact same problem as you! I see a book on sale and it's like I can't NOT buy it! You are totally not alone in your struggles. Nice vlog! 😀

3. IngridLola says:

I like when you do these! I hate those freaking borders stickers too.

4. "My name is Anna. And I am a book addict." YES might need to start this program. More, vlogs, please. As you are ADORABLE. PS: I enjoy the "Meh" noise.

5. I'm really interested in what you think of Dash & Lily's Book of Dares! happy reading!

6. Book buying bans are tough. You got lots of great stuff! I loved Revolution, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it 🙂

7. Great vlog. And yeah, book buying bans are realllllly hard. I just did one in September and it was super strict and then October 1st it was like getting kicked off the wagon. Lots of books since then. Ban did ZERO good. LOL

Oh well! I loved Revolution, and I really reaaaalllllly want to read The Knife Of Never Letting Go, so I'll have to get that one soon.

*sigh* So many books, so little time. 🙂

8. Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews) says:

lol! You look great in your vlog! Revolution is amazing – hope you enjoy that one. I haven't read the rest, but I hope you enjoy those too! 🙂

9. Alexia561 says:

Book buying bans aren't easy, and I tend to make up for the ban by going nuts in the bookstore once the ban has been lifted! Oh well…enjoy all of your new books! 🙂

10. All of those sound great, I really want to read the Knife of Never Letting Go. Have a great week!

11. Carrie at In the Hammock Blog says:

These look like great books! I tried reading Revolution but wasn't able to get into it. Enjoy your books!

12. Wish I had the guts to do a vlog. Your shirt is super cute. You don't look like you have man shoulders at all! I've been interested in getting Dash & Lily. Too bad about not receiving John Belushi is Dead. The person should have sent it to you! Need back up re-enforcement? LOL I'm a new follower. Happy reading!

13. Ooh I want to read the Patrick Ness books. Happy reading! Thanks for visiting The Crowded Leaf.

14. Your vlog is so cute! I believe anything for book signings are exempt. I also have a huge problem walking away from sale or clearance items.

15. bibliophilica says:

I gave up trying book buying bans and substituted my "China Policy" – I am allowed to buy one book only after I have read two unread books I already own. You know, like in China, couples are only allowed to have one child in an effort to reduce overpopulation. 🙂

Now, if I could only adhere to this policy all the time…

16. You're adorable. That is all.

17. TNBBC Super Mod says:

It's good to see you again! haha! Your mouth moves faster than the words coming out of it Kinda freaky jamie!!!

18. Lori–I don't know WHY it loaded that way. 🙁 I think it's because I didn't publish it through Windows Movie Maker.