Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at my other blog– The Broke and the Bookish. I’m really excited about this topic as this was a fun conversation in the College Students group on Goodreads (the group from which The Broke and the Bookish sprang from). We hesistantly shared our favorite crushes until we realized that we were all just big nerds for having fictional crushes. We’ve since embraced it! 🙂
My top nine + one lust:
1. Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice— Do I even have to explain this one? Swoon swoon swoon.
2. Laurie from Little Women— I just loved him. SO much. Freaking Jo..look what you could have had!
3. Peeta from the Hunger Games trilogy: I didn’t like him in the Hunger Games but really loved him in Catching Fire and Mockingjay! And I’m officially Teem Peeta after finishing the series. He had such a devotion and love for Katniss.. I don’t think she deserved it really!
4. Zooey from Franny and Zooey— I liked his intellect. I could just picture him perfectly in my head. A cute hipster boy.
5. The Boy in the Purple Socks from Harriet the Spy: Childhood crush! I fell hard for this boy. I always felt bad for him! Nobody even knew his name..
6. Eron from Sleepless — I think it is the chivalrous gentleman thing that I liked.
7. Mr. Bingley from Pride and Prejudice: I thought he was such a sweetheart! I love Darcey but Bingley captured my attention from affair whereas Darcy was an acquired taste.
8. Rudy from The Book Thief— I think little girl Jamie would have been in love with Rudy! I just loved the relationship between he and Liesel and I just can’t quite remember having a friendship with a guy like that when I was younger.
9. Gale in the Hunger Games: I only had a crush on him in The Hunger Games but a hard crush it was. I always felt bad for him having to watch her on screen with Peeta. I would have swooped right in on that one if I lived in District 12.
10. LUST: Edward/Jacob from Twilight: I will admit that I had the biggest crush on Edward from Twilight when I read the first book. It was the gentleman aspect of him. I mean, I wanted to jump his bones. After the first book, I just began to like him less and less. I then began to lust over Jacob…might have had to do with the fact that Taylor Lautner is a major hunk. I feel like such a pedophile for that one.