Another Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and the Bookish!
1. Jonathan Safran Foer – As if you all already didn’t know this!
2. Jack Kerouac — I know alot of people hate him but I can’t get enough of him and the rest of the Beat generation.
3. Sylvia Plath– Loved The Bell Jar. Still need to read her poetry! From the snippets I’ve read, I like!
4. Jane Austen— This is probably going to be on everybody’s list!
5. Lois Lowry— I read The Giver more times than I’ve ever read any other book. Her other books are good but the Giver is the best!
6. JD Salinger– Love him or hate him. LOVE him. Something about his characters always resonates with me. What does that say about me? I don’t know.
7. Markus Zusack — When you can bring me to tears and make me go through a WHOLE box of tissues, you win. His books are extremely moving and I never want to put them down.
8. Carolyn Keene — Umm..Nancy Drew! Enough said! These books will always be a favorite!
9. Nicole Krauss— Ok, what can I say, I’m a tad obsessed with her and her hubby, Jonathan Safran Foer. Her writing is beautiful and her stories are incredibly moving!
10. Gabriel Garcia Marquez— I was always scared to read him but I fell in love with his overly verbose style! 🙂
What about you? Who are your favorites? What MAKES an author your favorite? I find that my reasons are different for each!