Another Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and the Bookish!
1. Jonathan Safran Foer – As if you all already didn’t know this!
2. Jack Kerouac — I know alot of people hate him but I can’t get enough of him and the rest of the Beat generation.
3. Sylvia Plath- Loved The Bell Jar. Still need to read her poetry! From the snippets I’ve read, I like!
4. Jane Austen– This is probably going to be on everybody’s list!
5. Lois Lowry– I read The Giver more times than I’ve ever read any other book. Her other books are good but the Giver is the best!
6. JD Salinger- Love him or hate him. LOVE him. Something about his characters always resonates with me. What does that say about me? I don’t know.
7. Markus Zusack — When you can bring me to tears and make me go through a WHOLE box of tissues, you win. His books are extremely moving and I never want to put them down.
8. Carolyn Keene — Umm..Nancy Drew! Enough said! These books will always be a favorite!
9. Nicole Krauss– Ok, what can I say, I’m a tad obsessed with her and her hubby, Jonathan Safran Foer. Her writing is beautiful and her stories are incredibly moving!
10. Gabriel Garcia Marquez– I was always scared to read him but I fell in love with his overly verbose style!
What about you? Who are your favorites? What MAKES an author your favorite? I find that my reasons are different for each!