Have you been to BEA? I need your help!

I need your help if you’ve been to BEA/Book Blogging Convention.

I’m going to BEA this year and as a first-timer I’m so excited yet have NO idea what I’m getting myself into. I’m planning on starting a little series of posts leading up to BEA entitled “BEA/Book Blogging Convention For Newbies” in which I would have BEA veterans would give tips and what to expect–packing advice, to stay in NYC or not to stay, how to manage your time, how to get all the books you’ve acquired home!

Want to help? Email me at brokeandbookish (at) gmail (dot) com!

Comments

1. novelwhore says:

UPS (or maybe FedEx) smartly saw an opportunity and you can ship all your swag directly from the conference. Wear comfy shoes and be ready to be overwhelmed!

Ah so jealous! This is one of my dreams – to visit BEA. It would cost a lot for me to get there (I'm in TX) and then some to find a place to stay. One of these days though.. one of these days..

3. Carrie Rundhaug says:

I am also planning on attending BEA this year. It will also be my first year as well! I am so happy you are doing this cause I have tons of questions as well.

Carrie

4. I went last year when I was living in the city so I can't really offer you advice about where or if to stay, but my number one piece of advice is to wear comfortable shoes, with arch support! The expo floor is concrete that they just cover in a thin layer of carpet and it can get very uncomfortable very quick.

5. WOW! This sounds like A LOT of fun! How do you hear about these type of things? I keep learning about so many new things having to do with books/reading and I want to some day do them all! Is there some site or something that you go to, to find all of these out? I want to go with you! Haha. Let us all know how it goes!

6. the story siren says:

I think it was last year they had a great blog tour with tips about BEA…. i have all the links in this post… http://www.thestorysiren.com/2010/05/ultimate-readers-dream-book-expo.html

if you want to check it out! lots of helpful hints! i'm also full of info, if you ever want to chat!

7. hoping to go this year too! look forward to your BEA tips posts – will have to check out the story siren link too – thanks!

8. I'll be a newbie too! I can't wait to see what info/advice you get- I know I'll need it 🙂

9. TNBBC Super Mod says:

You can hit me up, chickie. I went last year, so I am not sure that counts towards me being a veteran or not 🙂

I didn't stay last year, I drove in every day – I saved money and got to see my family that way.

I like the idea of a blog series that leads up to the BEA…. great idea!

10. Debbie's World of Books says:

Hoping to make it this year too and it will be my first time as well.

11. Natasha @ Maw Books says:

I've been two years. The book blogger con did a blog tour last year of posts for newbies but it looks like they've taken down the links. 🙁

12. DforDarla's Definite Reads says:

Planning on going to BEA as a newbie. Always like seeing tips.

13. pickygirlfoodfilmfiction says:

I really really hope I can go! My brother lives in NYC, so I would only pay for the flight, meals, etc., but I'm just not sure yet.

I have never been but would LOVE to meet everyone.

14. I cannot wait to hear your posts regarding this topic. I would love to go to BEA this year and want to know what it takes to make it happen. Everyone who has gone seems to have had SO much fun!

15. Jessica (Confessions of a Bookaholic) says:

I'm *really* hoping I get to go this year. A place to get advice from past trips would be amazing!! I'm gonna keep an eye out 🙂