I love Tuesday! It’s another edition of Top Ten Tuesday–hosted over at my other blog–The Broke and the Bookish.
This week: Top Ten Characters I’d Like to Be Best Friends With. This was hard. I never really had many girl friends..I was always the girl that was besties with all the guys. Girls just generally infuriate me. I tried to not list all guys and included besties I would have had as a child.
1. Oskar from Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close: Is it bad that I want to be bff’s with a child? If you’ve read the book than you’ll know why. He’s seriously smarter and has more depth than most people my age! lol
2. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice: She would be such an awesome person to have as a best friend. She’s down to earth, has a mind of her own and seems like fun and the girl is not lacking common sense or wit! Although I foresee our friendship ultimately ending in a death match for Darcy. I’d win.
3. Vera Dietz from Please Ignore Vera Dietz: I mentioned in my review of this one that I would totally be best friends with her. She seems pretty responsible like I was in high school, yet not perfect as she has her own dumb moments, and has her mind set on making something for herself. I think we would be good friends because sometimes we are almost loyal to a fault. I also loved her humor and the fact that she is kind of sassy in her own way.
4. Jo March from Little Women: I think that we would have been childhood bff’s but maybe not so much all grown up. I loved getting dirty and playing outside and being with all the boys; now I think I’m a little too girly. That aside, she’s smart, loyal and knows who she is. I like that!
5. Elizabeth/Jessica Wakefield from Sweet Valley High: These girls are awesome. I would totally have been besties with each one of them because I have a lot in common with both of them. I’d feel like the DUFF whilst hanging out with them but I’d get over it.
6. Zooey from Franny & Zooey: I feel like I had a handful of friends like Zooey so I can see us being best friends. I was always the girl, until I got in a serious relationship, who was only friends with guys. He’s smart, a deep thinker and seems to have good taste. He also made my crush list on a previous Top Ten Tuesday. Best friends turned love interest? Probably.
7. Dash from Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares: I just started this but pretty much I know that Dash and I would have been best friends in high school. Despite his emo ways, I know that we’d get along and be cynical and what not. I just hope he’d outgrow it sooner or later. But I totally was friends with guys like him in high school.
8. Dean Moriarty from On the Road: I know a lot of people don’t like him and think he’s an ass but sometimes people are just misunderstood. I wish I could be best friends with him so we could wander the globe together. We would have good conversation I think.
9. Stargirl from Stargirl: I’d love to have a friend as quirky as Stargirl! I’m sure some of the things that she did would make me shake my head but I totally love people who march to a very different drum. I think we’d have fun being weirdos together.
10. Serena from Gossip Girl: This one might make me seem like a bitch but I love this girl. You always need one friend that you are going to have wild and crazy times with..and this girl is my pick! Not to mention, at least in the show, she has fabulous style and taste. I could see my parents hating my friendship with her but I think she’d be a fun friend with a good heart…that would probably get me into some trouble! Fun!
What about you? Which characters do you wish you were best friends with?