Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings!!

As always, Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by my other blog– The Broke and the Bookish!

I often wish that Santa Claus really existed. Who else is going to put all these books underneath my tree? Unless there is such thing as a book fairy…in which I’m currently taking applications for!! Here are the top ten books I’m really hoping are under my tree this Christmas!

1. Alice in Wonderland (B&N Leatherbound classic!!) — Seriously..is this not the most beautiful (albeit very pink!) thing you’ve ever seen!? I pretty much want all the B&N leatherbounds but I’m thinking Santa will put me on the naughty list if I’m too demanding.

2. Hate List by Jennifer Brown — My dear friend Melanie from The Reclusive Bibliophile highly recommends it. That automatically adds it to my list.

3. The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney — This one looks so intriguing and I’ve heard some very strong feelings towards it and it appears to deal with some very strong issues!

4. Little Bee by Chris Cleave — I’ve wanted to read this for so long!! I’ve heard such great things.

5. Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves — This looks so strange (in a good way!). The character seems very bizarre and I love an interesting character!

6. Mennonite in a Little Black Dress: A Memoir of Going Home by Rhoda Janzen — I’ve heard this is really great and pretty funny from my boyfriend’s aunt! I love a good memoir!

7. Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger — I love The Time Traveler’s Wife and wanted to give this one a try! I’ve heard mixed reviews but the premise sounds interesting.

Room: A Novel8. Room by Emma  Donoghue — I’ve only heard incredible things about this. I tend to fall in love with books with really young protags—Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close & The Curious Incident of Dog in the Night-Time.

9. Vixen by Jillian Larkin — Get under my tree, Vixen! Seriously. One thing you may not know about me is that I’m slightly obsessed with the 1920’s. I go through phases of reading books set in the time as well as written in that time. And let’s be honest. ONE WORD–FLAPPERS! I was a darling flapper one year for Halloween.

10. A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan —  I’ve heard that I’m going to love Jennifer Egan. I hope so! This one looks like a good one to start with.

What about you? Which books are you hoping good old Santa Claus is bringing you??

Comments

1. I read Mennonite in a Little Black Dress earlier this year. I pretty much laughed non-stop. It was fantastic!

2. ApachesPrincess says:

I was sitting in Borders the other day and read 29 pages of "Vixen" great book! I really enjoyed what I've read of it so far, can't wait to finish it! And I too love the 1920's! I went to a Snwodaze dance the other night and wore a very flapper inspired dress! Such a fun and daring time in history, perfect to write books on!

3. 1girl2manybooks says:

I've read Room and Her Fearful Symmetry. Loved Room so much, it's definitely one of my best reads of 2010. Her Fearful Symmetry is beautifully written and I loved that about it but I hated most of the characters!

I really want to read The Mockingbirds. I'm taking part in an ARC tour for it, just waiting for it to get to me! That's the joy of living down here in Australia, everything takes that little bit longer to get here!

Great list Jamie 🙂

4. I will definitely have to give these books a try! Have so many challenges to complete in 2011 I can read all the books on many lists! Hehe! I'm a new follower!

5. Letter4no1 says:

I really really loved Her Fearful Symmetry. Actually I liked it more then The Time Travelers Wife, but I seem to be in the minority here.
    I love the BN Leather-bound collection. I got the Grimm and Anderson ones for my birthday and they are just beautiful

6. I have got both Room and Her Fearful Symmetry and I want to read them over the Holidays. I hope Santa brings you all the books that you want 🙂

Merry Christmas !

7. Room is really amazing, i can only recommend it! Great list 🙂

8. Phantom Paragrapher says:

A few of these I want to read as well – I dont think a list of 10 is long enough for me 🙂

9. ....Petty Witter says:

I saw you mentioned on Misha's blog and thought I'd stop by to say hello. Also a very eclectic reader, I've enjoyed visiting your site and reading some of your reviews. A great post, Room is also one of the books I'm hoping to get for Christmas. Best wishes and a merry Christmas, PW

10. Christina/Book Addict says:

Great choices! A lot of these books are on my wish list as well. Maybe you can download some of them to your Nook. 🙂 I love this Top Ten Tuesdays meme. I might have to join you in 2011!

11. Lu @ Regular Rumination says:

If you like The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, then you will love Marcelo in the Real World. They often get compared because their protagonists have similar ways of thinking about the world, but they're different. I also want to read Mennonite in a Little Black Dress. I've had my eye on that one for a while. I was frustrated by Her Fearful Symmetry, but I still really liked it.

12. If you come out for a visit, you can borrow my copy of Room. I wish I could loan you Hate List, but it's in CA. Somebody my books will all be in one place, perhaps, and then you're welcome to visit my personal library anytime you'd like.

I had mixed feelings about Her Fearful Symmetry. I definitely didn't think it was in the same ballpark as Time Traveler's Wife, but I did still enjoy it. It's worth giving it a go.

13. readerbuzz says:

Great list of books!

My list of books I hope Santa brings is here.

Oh I have Vixen & The Mockingbirds – maybe one of Santa's elves can swing by Texas, grab it, & put it under your tree 😉

15. great list! Room, Little Bee and Mennonite in the Little Black Dress are on my list too! I like the pink edition of Alice in Wonderland too – it would make a great gift!

16. Awesome list of books! I hope Santa brings every single one of them to you, or someone super nice gets you a gift card so you can buy them yourself 🙂

17. I've seen Little Bee around for awhile now and have always wanted to read it but haven't yet!! (story of my life, though)

and I adore that Alice cover, I might need that

My top ten list is over at http://pensivebookeaters.blogspot.com

18. TNBBC Super Mod says:

Her Fearful Symmetry and Room are great books. I hope you get them AND love them as much as I do.

19. That Alice in Wonderland book is awesome! I really want to check out A Visit from the Goon Squad. I've heard some good things about it

20. Oh! I should have put The Mockingbirds on my list as well!

21. SJH (A Dream of Books) says:

I hope you get some or all of the books you'd like for Christmas! I really want to read 'Vixen' by Jillian Larkin too.

22. Tribute Books Mama says:

What books am I hoping to get from Santa?

1. Hunger Games triology box set by Suzanne Collins
    2. Millennium/Girl with the Dragon Tattoo box set by Stieg Larsson
    3. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
    4. Matched by Ally Condie
    5. Vampire Academy box set by Richelle Mead
    6. Of Thee I Sing by President Barack Obama
    7. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
    8. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    9. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
    10. Strange Fate by L.J. Smith

23. Great list! I've heard Mennonite In A Little Black Dress is hilarious. Also, I liked Her Fearful Symmetry a lot. And about this book fairy… maybe we should all just ask Santa for one of those!

24. I have been wanting the pink Alice in Wonderland for a while!

25. I LOVE those B&N leatherbound classics!! I have the Janue Austen one, Dante's Divine Comedy, and Wicked / Son of a Witch. I'll eventually have them all, they're so pretty!

Great list!

27. I'd like to read The Mockingbirds at some point too. You've got a very eclectic list here – nice!

28. iubookgirl says:

Room and A Visit from the Goon Squad are on my list too!

29. IngridLola says:

I'm DYING for Room too!!

30. I'm dying for half these books! Gahhh I want your list…can I steal it? 😉 haha

31. A lot of people have Room on their lists I need to add it to mine, sounds like a good one. Hope Santa brings you all of these. =D

32. The1stdaughter says:

Room and Mennonite in a Little Black Dress are both books I'd just love to read in the near future, I just need to find the time. I LOVE the cover for Alice in Wonderland by the way…so pretty!

33. AngelicNytmare says:

Looks like alot of good books especially room and the mockingbirds. Those are some I didn't think of.

34. literarywife says:

My best friend is reading Mennonite in a Little Black Dress right now and she said it is wonderful!

35. Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) says:

I read Her Fearful Symmetry and LIttle Bee and LOVED them. Great list!