Top Ten Tuesday is hosted every Tuesday (imagine that!) at my other blog–The Broke and the Bookish! This week it is all about our favorite or the coziest places to read! I am the queen of having different reading spots. During Readathon, I changed my position about a bajillion times and I’m always trying to create the coziest places possible. I was going to be ambitious and post actual pictures of my reading spots but then I realized that that would require far too much effort! 😛
1. Next to my fireplace — Oh my gosh. In the winter (and sometimes in the fall and spring..because I’m always frigid), I push a button…and FIRE appears in my fireplace. I love the smell of real fireplaces but let’s be honest..instant gratification wins. I love curling up with a good book next to my fireplace. The downside is that I always want to fall asleep because I get too cozy and I have to fight with my dog and cat for the closest spot to the heat.
2. In my bathtub— I just did this last Saturday because I was freezing and because it’s so relaxing. I added a glass of wine, bubbles, and some background music and read Dash and Lily and it was a perfect night in my book!
3. In my lounge chair outside— I love reading outside! Anywhere outside but mostly my comfy chair. Ask anybody that knows me..I read outside whenever I can! I have this lounge chair that is incredible and this summer, since I was underemployed, I read outside (and tanned!) every day that it was sunny out. Ok, well not EVERY day but most of the days. This is probably my favorite spot. I actually bought a baby pool this summer so when I got too hot I’d read in that!
4. On the beach-– I will say that sometimes this is annoying to do because the sun glare and trying to avoid a sunglasses tan but when I finally get comfortable it is the best! I love it. Minus getting pooped on by seagulls. True story. Happened two summers in a row.
5. In the pool— Ok, I don’t have a pool but my neighbor’s do and they work all day and give me full access to it. I spent a lot of time reading in the pool during the summer in my time of underemployment. I know some people are afraid of getting their book wet or something but I’m good. Only one time did I almost drop my book and that was because a bee was straight up attacking me.
6. In a coffee shop— I love reading in coffee shops. It feels like something out of a movie and besides coffee and books go well together. But I’ll be honest..I don’t get a ton of reading done here. I’m a people watcher.
7. My round chair — I have this really comfy round chair that I had in my college dorm and still have today. It’s so comfy to curl up in it and it was definitely a safe haven in college for me.
8. In my bed — I love reading in my bed with all my covers piled on me. I don’t typically fall asleep while reading but sometimes if I’m reading something that is slow I will.
9. In a park — I love when my boyfriend and I go to parks and read. Well, he doesn’t read, he’ll sleep or do something else. The best memory of this was this past May when we were in Santa Monica. I actually have a picture:
10. On the train— I love when my boyfriend and I go to NYC for the day for many reasons but I love reading on the train–it’s about a 90 minute ride. Sometimes you get annoying people who talk too loud on the phone but typically it’s in the morning so people are quiet!