Life Update: A Trio of Thoughts

1. I am in a reading slump. I’ve been distracted. Hopefully this will pass soon enough. I need a book to knock my freaking socks off.

2. I got the job! This is how I celebrate. Please forgive the ickyness of the picture.

3. I created a Tumblr. You should probably check it out if you like music as I will be starting a feature called “Daily Dose of Aural Excellence.”

Comments

1. ketch1714 says:

Hee Hee. Love the pic! I'll have to check out your new Tumblr as well. Thanks for the update! 🙂

2. The1stdaughter says:

Wahoo! Congratulations! So exciting! And I love that you are eating Mint Chocolate Chip. Yum!

Yucky picture? I don't have any idea what you're talking about!

3. Christina/Book Addict says:

Congrats again on your job! I love that you celebrate with ice cream. It's the best way! I'll have to check out your Tumblr. Very cool! I guess you are snowed in as well? I had another snow day again today. I'm ready for spring!!

4. I've always found that fluffy reads or girlie reads are best to get out of a reading slump. Some Sarah Addison Allen, or Jennifer Crusie (Bet Me is great!), Harry Potter, etc…

BTW – mmmmmmm ice cream!!

5. YA Bibliophile says:

Congrats on your job!! As far as a book slump… I recommend ANYTHING by John Green or Maureen Johnson. Also The Adoration of Jenna Fox and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian!

6. Congrats on the job!

7. April (BooksandWine) says:

I read that as daily dose of oral excellence.

CONGRATS ON YOUR JOB!!!!!!! Yay for being a productive member of society. Not that you weren't before, but having a job is something special.

8. Melissa (i swim for oceans) says:

Yayyyyyy!!!!!! Congrats on the job!

PS…I totally read the same as April – Daily Dose of Oral Excellent. I felt awkward for 3.4 seconds.

9. Congratulations! And enjoy the ice cream!

10. Congratulations!!! That's awesome!!!

11. Congrats on the job! When I get in a reading slump, I like to pick up something that's been staring at me on my shelf for ages and ages and keeps getting passed over. That way I feel productive and good about my choice, AND usually those books that have lingered for ages are very satisfying.

12. I already said this, but OMG CONGRATS!!!

13. Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com says:

Congratulations 🙂 What a cute photo!

14. Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com says:

I always burst out of slumps by reading some dsytopian or something action packed.

15. Avid Reader says:

Congrats to you!!! I hope you find a great new book to read to kick the slump.

16. Congrats on the job, and ice cream is definitely the way forward!

17. I freakin' LOVE Survivor. Did you see that Boston Rob and Russell are back?? So excited!

18. YOU ARE AMAZING. <3

19. congratulations on the job and the ice cream and the tumblr too! can't say for sure that it's the book for you, but I just read Nothing by Janne Teller and thought it was pretty awesome AND it's a quick read which is always good for getting me out of a reading slump.

I LAVA YOUUUU! and YAY for jobs! Now you can buy illegal amounts of books without worrying about running out of money! That's a lie, of course, but it's a nice thought, right?

21. thatcovergirl says:

I'm jealous of your mint chocolate chip ice cream. That is all.

Except CONGRATS again. =)

22. Congrats! Mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream flavor. 🙂

23. Congratulations!

For the slump: A Northern Light. It knocked my socks off very recently.

24. Mrs. Vincent says:

You crack me up with that picture! It looks like my kind of celebration, congrats on the new job. I hope you find a good book soon, I recently read Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and loooooved it. 🙂

25. Congrats on the job! You are eating one of my favorite ice creams in the pic. 🙂

26. thebookfairyhaven says:

Congrats for getting the job 🙂 And sorry to hear that you've been in a reading slump lately. I often find what helps is not recommending a new book, but rather rereading a favourite book. It's something that works for me and just reminds me of why I love reading – which in turns then makes it easy for me to go on to a new book with much more enthusiasm!