This week for Top Ten Tuesday (hosted at my other blog–The Broke and the Bookish) is all about bookish resolutions. I’m totally a sucker for making a long list of resolutions and goals. This year I’d like to stick to a few of them! Here are a few of my bookish/blog related resolutions so hopefully you all will make me stick to them!
1. Relax— I want to stop freaking out if I don’t have a post scheduled or drive myself nuts if I can’t write a review for a book. When this becomes a chore or an obligation, I’m taking a break for a few days. This is supposed to be something I enjoy doing. I’m not going to become a stress basket about it. I do have a pretty active life outside of blogging and so I can’t always read..and that’s ok!
2. Figure out what to do with all my books — I have so many piles and books in boxes and random places. I need to get a new shelves or something and maybe actually get rid of some books that I didn’t love so much.
3. Fix my archive of reviews— One day I had an archive of reviews and then out of nowhere it was just GONE. Disappeared! I’ve been dreading making a new one but I NEED to.
4. Read more classics— I did a really great job in 2010 (in the beginning of the year) of reading through some classics. I’d like to continue that as I stopped reading them as frequently when I started blogging.
5. Weed out my “to-read list” on Goodreads: I have almost 800 freaking books on my to-read list. This is absurd. I have this nasty habit just adding a book to my “to-read” list when I see something that looks interesting or that someone mentions with the intention to remind me to check it out when I have more time. However, more often than not, I never end up checking them out to see whether I actually want to read them in the future. Putting them on my “to-read” list overwhelms me because I feel as though I’ve committed to something.
6. Schedule more reviews in advance: I have this nasty habit of not being productive with my free time. I should be scheduling some reviews in advance.
7. Comment more: I used to be really great with commenting back on others blogs and I’ve been a slacker with that. I truly do love visiting other blogs so I’m going to get back to that.
8. Be more organized: All of the following fall under this category — keep track of when I have review books to read, reply to emails promptly, create a list of contacts at pub houses, etc. etc. I just need to be more organized in generally with the blog…and life. lol
9. Don’t let blogging sway what I read: Sometimes it is really easy to read all the books that are really popular but I need to focus reading on what I truly want to read. I take pride in the fact that I am an eclectic blogger as I wrote about in my post about the plight of the eclectic blogger.
10. Save money for BEA: I already registered but I need some money to eat and go do things and to pay for the hotel!
Honorable mention: Read more books that I ALREADY own!
What are your bookish resolutions or goals for the year?