Please Be Patient With Meee!

As most of you know I got that job that I was blogging about a few weeks ago. It’s been a hard transition from essentially doing nothing for a year to working 4 days a week…as you can probably notice from my lack of consistent blogging. I’m so tired when I get home that I have been having a hard time focusing on reading and blogging. Hopefully I’ll get into the swing of things soon and learn how to balance it all.

I promise I’m not gone for good. I will be back at some point this week!

In the meantime, I want to read something that I know is going to immediately hook me in (YA or Adult) and be a quick, unputdownable read! I just need a book that is going to help me ease back into reading. So give those books that you just absolutely COULD NOT PUT DOWN…no matter HOW tired you were!

Comments

1. Anna and the French Kiss
    The Book Thief
    Russian Winter
    Firelight
    Paranormalcy
    Any of Sarah Dessen's books

2. Good luck with the new job! My recommendation is the Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner although it doesn't reach unputdownable status until the second book, Queen of Attolia. But totally worth the wait. 🙂 I hope you get to read it if you haven't done so already.

3. Matched
    Fallen
    The Weird Sisters
    Three Weissmanns of Westport
    The Red Pyramid

4. The Iron Witch
    Slice of Cherry
    Touched by an Alien, Alien Tango

5. The Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness, definitely.

6. Jayme @ Horribly Bookish says:

The Botticelli Secret by Marina Fiorata or I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley.

Congrats on the new job! Hope you find your groove soon!

7. Rebecca Rasmussen says:

I've been hearing amazing things about Hannah Pittard's novel The Fates Will Find Their Way !!! Hope you have a smooth rest of the week, honey. Let me know if I can do anything to help 🙂

8. Good luck with the new job. Read Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott. It's an awesome read.

9. thatcovergirl says:

Jamie, PLEASE don't worry about not being able to post because of busier schedules and life changes. We all get busy and we can all understand your situation. Know that you have readers who don't expect you to post three times every day. We'll see you when we see you. =)

10. I really hope your new job is going well for you! I totally get that too-tired feeling, I get that at the end of my shifts too.

As for something unputdownable, I can't think of any specific YA (except Harry Potter or The Hunger Games, of course!), but my latest really awesome read was The Bronze Horseman, and now the sequel. I'm so hooked. They're long books though.

11. tediousandbrief says:

I haven't published my review of it yet, but:

The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance – Elna Baker

Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict & – Laurie Viera Ringler

Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict – Laurie Viera Ringler

(and I've never been able to finish a Jane Austen novel, but loved these…especially Rude Awakenings)

12. The Book Thief
    The Book of Lost Things
    The Thirteenth Tale
    The Forgotten Garden
    A Walk to Remember
    Suite Francaise
    Before I Fall

We will be here when you come back! No need to worry!! Life happens sometimes. And I think your life is happening for good reasons 😉 I'm so proud of you!!

Have you read anything by Jennifer Echols? Her books are fast & completely awesome. I suggest Forget You or Going Too Far.

Love you & miss you!! <3

14. A Northern Light – Jennifer Donnelly.

15. bibliophile brouhaha says:

I third The Book Thief. I adore A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

I hope you are enjoying the new job – I know it's hard finding the balance between real life and blog life, but don't worry – your sleep schedule with adjust and you'll start prioritize. I do a LOT Of reading catch up on the weekends. I hope you are enjoying the new job!

16. Ella Enchanted-Gail Carson Levine
    White Oleander-Janet Finch
    Fallen-Lauren Kate
    Beauty-Robin McKinley
    A Northern Light-Jennifer Donnelly

Oh, maybe now would be a good time to start reading Harry Potter! The first three books are pretty short and they're definitely unputdownable. 😉

17. Darling, I feel your pain. I started my job right at the New Year, and I'm still struggling to get adjusted to the schedule. My workouts are suffering, my blogging is suffering, you name it! Hopefully it'll settle with time. Life's all about the highs and lows!

18. Sarah Laurence says:

Congratulations on your new job! Perhaps you need to cut back to a less rigorous posting schedule? I only post weekly so it doesn't cut into work time.

I got the ARC of Jersey Tomatoes are the Best by YA author Maria Padian and read it in 2 days during a busy time. It's about 2 girls struggling to the top of tennis and ballet. It's in alternating chapters that make you beg for more. The release day is March 8. I'm reviewing it March 2 with an author interview.

In women's fiction anything by Jane Green is a quick and easy read with feel good moments. My favorite was The Beach House set on Nantucket Island if you want an escape.

19. You have been missed, but I understand! It's hard to balance life and blogging 🙂

A few books I read recently and couldn't put down:

Darkness Becomes Her
    The Iron King
    Delirium

20. ConnieGirl says:

The Hunger Games trilogy was like that for me.