Top Ten Dynamic Duos In Literature

The topic for this week for Top Ten Tuesday (hosted at my other blog– The Broke and the Bookish) is all about those dynamic duos in literature — all those powerful couples, best friends, and partners-in-crimes…aka The Bonnie & Clydes, Laverne and Shirley’s, Peanuuuut Butter to the Jellieeees.

The Hunger Games1. Katniss & Peeta from the Hunger Games: I LOVED their friendship in the first book and how much they truly cared for each other. SO MUCH TENSION. Are we bff’s or are we lovers? Either way…I love them and they are forever cemented in my mind.

2. Katniss & Gale– Piggybacking on that last one.. I loved the development of this relationship. I just can picture them kicking ass trying to stay alive and I found their relationship to be so interesting and complex.

3. Jo & Laurie from Little Women   – I loved their relationship and I’m still bitter about how things turned out…

4. Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo— I loved these two..what an unlikely pair to work together to crack a big scandal and take down the bad guys!

5. Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice— I know I talked about this in my favorite couples in literature but seriously..they are ONE dynamic duo!

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Paperback Boxed Set (Books 1-3)6. Percy and Annabeth from The Percy Jackson series: I have only read the first two books in this series but I LOVE these two young friends. They might be naive sometimes and fall into dumb traps..but they kick some BUTT fighting gods and other nasty monsters. A very fun MG series!

7. Rudy and Liesel from The Book Thief — I love both of these characters so much and they make one memorable duo of friends.

8. Elizabeth Bennet and Jane Bennet from Pride and Prejudice: I know I already mentioned Elizabeth previously but seriously..I love a good sisterly friendship. They are both intelligent and kind and are always there for each other in their trials and those exciting moments for me.

9. Sal Paradise and Dean Moriarty from On the Road: This is one of my favorite books and these two characters are two of kind..that’s for sure. I personally loved their journey across America and found these two to be quite interesting. I know many people who would disagree with me though πŸ™‚

Of Mice and Men (Steinbeck Centennial Edition)

10. George and Lenny from Of Mice and Men: I didn’t love this book when I read it in high school (although I am planning  to reread) but I can’t deny these two a spot on my list. What a loyal pair!

Comments

1. smellincoffee says:

I was rooting for Percy and Annabeth all throughout the series. I'm a sucker for Athena…

2. Megan B. says:

I thought about adding Rudy and Liesel to my list too.

3. Anne Bennett says:

Argh! I should have thought of Jo and Laurie! Mikael. Good call.

Fun list!

Anne
    Headfullofbooks

4. Jenny (The Mimosa Stimulus) says:

Great list! I really like Jo & Laurie, Percy & Annabeth, and Sal & Dean. Nice choices!

5. Books for Learning says:

I have not read the Percy Jackson books yet, but I loved the movie. One of my favorite parts is the relationship between Annabeth and Percy. It is like iron sharpening iron–love it!

6. Ms. Dawn says:

I just recently bought Of Mice and Men. I've never read it before. Glad to know I have a dynamic duo to look forward to!

7. Phantom Paragrapher says:

Some good pairing here ,I cant believe I forgot Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett lol πŸ™‚ Old follower

8. Oh my god, your list is actually amazing (and by amazing I mean, woah,was she inside my head or what?!) Jo and Laurie- I'm SO bitter about that thing that should have happened but didn't happen. Also, Sal and Dean= amazing friends, and I can't believe I forgot about Carl and Lennie (although that's probably because I can't think about them because if I do I'll start snivelling!)

My list is here πŸ™‚ http://devouringtexts.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-tuesday_08.html

9. Love that you feature both Gale and Katniss and Peeta and Katniss, great choice!

10. I chose Lizzie & Darcy and Percy & Annabeth as well πŸ™‚

11. Deb Nance at Readerbuzz says:

Wonderful choices, including some great contradictory ones. I especially like that.

I decided to focus this time on oppositional duos in children's books. Here's my post: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-dynamic-duos.html

12. Jo & Laurie = YES. Still so bitter…

13. btweenthecovers.com says:

Great list! I also love the Salander/Blomkvist, Paradise/Moriarty, and George/Lenny duos. Good stuff.

14. Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) says:

Katniss and Gale are on my list as well! πŸ™‚

15. Jess (Gone with the Words) says:

Lol, I'm definitely still bitter about Jo and Laurie as well! Great picks!!!

New follower πŸ™‚
    Jess @ Gone with the Words

16. YA Bibliophile says:

I have Lizzie and Jane πŸ™‚ I thought about adding Katniss and one of the boys but I felt like, even in the end, she held herself back from really being with either one 100%. I still love her though πŸ™‚

17. Christina / Book Addict says:

I love all of your picks for dynamic duos. I can't believe I forgot to include Katniss and Peeta/Gale. What was I thinking?! I also love your Austen picks. I left them out this time since I seem to add to them every Top Ten Tuesday. I'm a big Austen obsessed. πŸ™‚ Great list, Jamie!

18. Christina / Book Addict says:

19. Christina / Book Addict says:

20. Christina / Book Addict says:

21. I had Katniss/Peeta too but I had so many I had to take some off the list πŸ™ And I have GOT to read P&P – I feel like I'm totally missing out.

I love Katniss and Peeta and Katniss and Gale too. I didn't put them on my list, though. I was trying to avoid couples as much as possible. Great list!

23. Reading Rachel says:

Awesome list! You've got some great duos there.

My list is HERE

24. I love how inclusive your list is – you've covered a lot of ground! I love that you have George and Lenny on here, excellent choice!

25. Tribute Books Mama says:

Great choices, pls stop by and see mine.

26. Jessica M says:

Great list! I definitely agree with several of them. I just read Of Mice and Men this weekend, and it was so sad. But George and Lennie are definitely a good duo.

27. TwoBibliomaniacs says:

I love that you have Katniss and Gale and Katniss and Peeta. Jo & Laurie are another great pair!

28. I love that you put both Lizzie and Darcy AND Lizzie and Jane on the list. Sisters are awesome. Also, good call on George and Lennie.

29. Jayme @ Horribly Bookish says:

Love Percy and Annabeth. Seaweed Brain!

30. Good list. I like with this one that there are so many different pairings in each book. I have Katniss and Rue and I thought about including Jo and Beth from Little Women.

Here is my list http://hawthornescarlet.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-tuesday-it-takes-two.html

31. Yay for George and Lennie.

32. кєяo says:

Nice list! Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy are on my list too. Here's My Top Ten.

33. Michelle says:

Romantic entanglements aside Katniss & Peeta made a spectacular team in so many ways. Glad to see them on your list!