The topic for this week for Top Ten Tuesday (hosted at my other blog– The Broke and the Bookish) is all about those dynamic duos in literature — all those powerful couples, best friends, and partners-in-crimes…aka The Bonnie & Clydes, Laverne and Shirley’s, Peanuuuut Butter to the Jellieeees.
1. Katniss & Peeta from the Hunger Games: I LOVED their friendship in the first book and how much they truly cared for each other. SO MUCH TENSION. Are we bff’s or are we lovers? Either way…I love them and they are forever cemented in my mind.
2. Katniss & Gale– Piggybacking on that last one.. I loved the development of this relationship. I just can picture them kicking ass trying to stay alive and I found their relationship to be so interesting and complex.
3. Jo & Laurie from Little Women – I loved their relationship and I’m still bitter about how things turned out…
4. Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist from The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo— I loved these two..what an unlikely pair to work together to crack a big scandal and take down the bad guys!
5. Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice— I know I talked about this in my favorite couples in literature but seriously..they are ONE dynamic duo!
6. Percy and Annabeth from The Percy Jackson series: I have only read the first two books in this series but I LOVE these two young friends. They might be naive sometimes and fall into dumb traps..but they kick some BUTT fighting gods and other nasty monsters. A very fun MG series!
7. Rudy and Liesel from The Book Thief — I love both of these characters so much and they make one memorable duo of friends.
8. Elizabeth Bennet and Jane Bennet from Pride and Prejudice: I know I already mentioned Elizabeth previously but seriously..I love a good sisterly friendship. They are both intelligent and kind and are always there for each other in their trials and those exciting moments for me.
9. Sal Paradise and Dean Moriarty from On the Road: This is one of my favorite books and these two characters are two of kind..that’s for sure. I personally loved their journey across America and found these two to be quite interesting. I know many people who would disagree with me though 🙂
10. George and Lenny from Of Mice and Men: I didn’t love this book when I read it in high school (although I am planning to reread) but I can’t deny these two a spot on my list. What a loyal pair!