This week at my other blog (The Broke and the Bookish) we are doing a Top Ten Tuesday rewind in which you can pick one of our past Top Ten Tuesday topics that you may have missed!
I chose to do Top Ten Favorite Characters because I was on vacation when we did it and didn’t have time to schedule it. My favorite characters are always the ones that are memorable and stay with me for a long time. It might have been their story that got to me, their wit or humor, their quirkiness, etc.
1. Oskar from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close – I had heavy boots after reading this book. I felt like Oskar was so real to me. He was such a freaking adorable and precocious little boy and I wanted to hug him.
2. Anna from Anna and the French Kiss – I loved Anna. This girl and I would totally be bffs if she were real and I was back in high school. I have to add that St. Claire should be on this list as one of my favorite characters as well…but I’m having a hard time determining between fictional crushes and favorites. 😛
3. Holden from Catcher in The Rye — I don’t know what this says about me that he’s one of my faves…but he is. Every since I read this in high school he’s just a character I think of fondly and who is memorable to me.
4. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice — Oh come on. You knew I was going to say that since she shows up on every single list I make 😛
5. Liesel from The Book Thief — I laid in bed and cried after finishing this book at 3am. i love Liesel and you must read this so you can understand why she is my favorite.
6. Katniss from The Hunger Games — I seriously just love her…aside from her inability to pick between two amazing guys 😛 I was a teenage girl once..I get life triangles. They sucked hardcore for me. I feel like Katniss was grew even more memorable for me as she grew throughout the trilogy. She’s fierce and I like that.
7. Dash from Dash and Lily’s Book Of Dares — He cracked me up and yet reminded me of so many indie rocker boys that I used to crush on back in college…I don’t know..he just really won me over and has a special place in my heart as a favorite.
8. Rhine from Wither — Very near and dear to my heart. I instantly felt connected to her and she (and that book) have been in my thoughts for MONTHS after reading it. I can’t wait to read more about Rhine.
9. Jo March from Little Women — Like you didn’t know I was going to say this one? Jo outshines most female characters for me.
10. Jonas from The Giver — I read this book a bajillion times when I was younger. Jonas is the character that will forever stay in my heart. I felt some sort of kinship to him.
What about you all? What makes a character a “favorite” or memorable to you? Care to share some of yours with me?