Sometimes When I Can’t Read I…..

….have impromptu photo sessions with the love of my life. What was just supposed to be snapping one picture for something for Ginger (which you should watch out for on Thursday I believe) turned into fun times and grass fights.

But really, as most of you know the past week or two has not been full of very good times for me with my dog being put down and Mothers Day and my brain just can’t even slow down enough to read. When this happens I know I must do things that bring me the simplest moments of joy — like silly photoshoots, laying in the grass and just listening to music and just BEING, or take a warm bubble bath with an insane amounts of bubbles and a glass of wine.

Months ago I would have never have been ok with my lack of reading or my posting deliquency….I would be two steps away from having a full blown panic attack. But I’m at a place right now where I’m just trying to enjoy things. I’m going to enjoy blogging and the wonderful community…not stress myself out over it. When my mind is ready to focus, the books will be there and so will all my amazing readers. No pressure blogging is seriously rocking my socks off right now.

What things do you find yourself doing when you just can’t sit down and read?

Comments

1. A Novel Affair says:

I seriously love these pics! So sweet. Sometime you need a break… Don't take life so seriously and you'll enjoy it more. 🙂

2. Heather says:

These photos are covered in awesome sauce. Love. That. Hat.

3. Midnyte Reader says:

Look how cute you are! The times when I find I can't read, I watch tv or torment my Sims.

4. They are awesome pics!

I've been going through that phase of not wanting to read so I've been catching up on shopping and catching up on some DVDs

I love these pics & seriously can't wait to post your feature on Thursday <3 Right now I have A LOT of downtime & I'm trying to enjoy every last bit of it. It's awesome when you have the time to LOVE what you're reading, and not feel rushed or pressured to read something.

6. Library Gal says:

Lovely Pics and on Stephanies Blog too- you look fab! When not reading I totally get lost in movies. I love them- all sorts of different types of film and I could watch them for hours and hours and hours. . .

7. Michelle (my books. my life.) says:

You are so adorable. I hope things get easier for you and you find your reading mojo soon.

8. Lauren M says:

Those photos are ADORABLE! It looks like you had a great time taking them! 🙂

When I can't find the time to read, I'm usually listening to music, bothering my cat, or doing things with friends.

9. the story siren says:

you are so GORGEOUS!!!

10. christina says:

These pictures made me smile. Love them!

11. Lu @ Regular Rumination says:

I'm so glad that you've found some blogging peace, even if the rest of your week hasn't been so great. Blogging should not add to the stress in your life, it should take it away.

This is the cutest freaking post. Can I please look like you?

13. The pictures are lovely, it's looks like a gorgeous afternoon. If, for some strange reason, I can't read, I usually either spend time with my hubby or play video games. This is all assuming my toddler is sleeping.

14. Great pictures! Sorry for all your strife. I wrote a personal post this week too which is a no go on my site. 😛

15. Jasmine (The Reading Housewives) says:

This doesn't answer your question at all, but…

I JUST FINISHED ANNA THIS MORNING AND OMG!??!?! I loved it. 🙂

16. Beautiful pictures!

When I'm feeling too stressed out or overwhelmed, I really like to get in some solid me time. Sometimes that involves telling my bf to play his game for a while so I can be alone, or sometimes it involves us going out and doing something just for fun. Walks, bubble baths, and spider solitaire are all great ways to just empty your mind and detox a bit.

17. Great pictures! I'm glad to hear you're taking a more balanced approach to your reading and blogging. Sounds healthy to me. We all need a break sometimes.

18. Christina / Book Addict says:

I love this post! It's so cute. Your photos are gorgeous and I adore your hat. I'm sorry you have been going through a rough patch lately. I hope things start looking up soon. Will you be going to PAYA again this summer? I hope so. Have fun at BEA. I'm so jealous!

19. Christina / Book Addict says:

20. Christina / Book Addict says:

21. Aww you guys. Thanks for all the nice comments and for sharing your own things that you do when you just can't read!

22. You two are adorable! I'm glad you are doing well Jamie…. 🙂

23. Peaceful Reader says:

Love the hat. I blog surf when I'm not able to sit and read. It makes me feel ADHD-hmmm, yet happy.

24. These photos are so pretty! Love it!