I Think Amazon Is Spying On Me….

Amazon has some really creative videos for the Kindle in the past (LOVE the stopmotion one…because I love the song, the background..and um I’m obsessed with stopmotion) but they’ve also been ragging on physical books lately. I know, I know..they need to market their product and show why the Kindle is “better” than physical books and offer up all the benefits of it. I’m in marketing…I get it. And while I love my ereader (NOOK!), I have to stick up for my first true love….physical books!

But anyways, their latest commercial made me giggle a bit.

Amazon must be spying on me and taking inventory of my purses and how I measure up purses in the store to see how many books I can hold in it. Seriously. My boyfriend refers to my purse as my “luggage” or my “traveling library”….and there are quite a few bloggers who can attest to the hugeness of my purse. I do believe Frankie said she would love to be near me during the apocolypse because of all I could fit in my purse. You KNOW I’d have loads of books in there along with Starbursts and a Snapple. You know. The essentials. You can kind of see the enormity of one of my purses above…but not really well. This thing opens up really wide and it’s like the bottomless pit. I can never find anything in it…but the important thing is I can always find multiple books in it.

I can’t be the only one who buys their purses based on how functional it will be to fit books in there? Or gets made fun of for their huge purse? Anyone else feeling like the girl in the video? haha. Because I honestly feel like the president of the Big Ass Purse club…and I totally don’t care. 😛

Comments

1. Ha! This is so me too. Although when I purchased my last purse it had to accomplish two things, fit my netbook as well as at least one large book or two small books and still be able to close the zipper. Mind you the bag is not overly huge, but I totally took my netbook and a couple of books with me when I went shopping. I'm sure I looked like a complete wacko putting the netbook and then some books into a couple of different purses before I settled on one I liked.

2. Jen @ A Book and a Latte says:

This made me giggle too! Love it. What is funny though is now I carry both my Kindle AND my Nook (for Galleys) in my purse now. My husband laughs at me… We went camping last week and it was ~5 hr drive to get there… I had my Kindle, Nook, a book on my iPhone I was reading, and I brought a library book. We was all WTF!? ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

3. Hahah Jen I totally put my Nook in there too along with the books. This way I know I'm always covered! lol AND I downloaded an app so I can read off my phone. We bookworms need to be prepared for all situations! 🙂

4. Miss Remmers says:

I love this commercial!! Haha! And PS – I love your purse too!!

5. Miss Remmers– Thank you! I got it really cheap at Forever 21 and it has lasted so long with all the books I haul in it. Although sometimes I have to switch out (like for BEA) because it just gets in the way and I start to get annoyed that I can't find anything….or rather my boyfriend gets annoyed that I can't find anything. lol

6. lisa :) says:

I'm all about big purses! My sisters and I even invented a funny game we call "purse wars" where when we get together we have a silly sort of competition to see which of us has more random stuff in their purse.

7. I love bigs purses!! When I'm looking to buy one I always make sure it fits a least two books along with all my essentials which according to my family they are a lot and not necessary. lol

8. April (BooksandWine) says:

I'm totally in the big ass purse club just like I am in the big ass bag/luggage club. 🙂

9. Melissa (Avid Reader) says:

I'm a proud member of the Big Ass Purse club, yay for us.

10. Michelle says:

I love my Big Ass Purses! I will not buy one if it can't hold my iPad, Nook, and a book along with all the other essentials. Kinda crazy but it's all gotta fit!!

11. Kate {The Parchment Girl} says:

I have two big purses, each of which can hold at least 3 large hardcover books. I have to have something big enough to comfortably cart all those books back and forth between the library on foot! I don't own an e-reader though. I'm totally committed to reading paper books exclusively.

12. Jennifer says:

I totally buy big bags with the intention of storing a couple books in there. I carry with me on a regular basis: at least one paperback, my iPad, a notebook, and a bottle of water. Tiny purses can't fit all of that goodness. And no amount of kindle technology will change me. I like having the freedom to carry as much stuff as I need. There is nothing wrong with always being prepared!

Still, I do enjoy that kindle commercial. Amazon's marketing team is brilliant.

13. Lol, I loved the advert – thanks for sharing 🙂

I'm also a huge fan of oversized bags, that my hubby does occasionally make fun of and then is hugely grateful when he doesn't want to carry things around!

I'm a new follower! 😀

14. Jayme @ Horribly Bookish says:

Haha. I love this! My purses are always huge, because I need to be able to fit books in them. My mum loves to make fun of me for it.

15. thatcovergirl says:

I carry BAP's too! And for some reason people always assume I carry Advil or Tylenol in it. Like I'm some sort of walking medicine cabinet. I'm like no…but I've got a book if you wanna read it.

16. Michelle says:

I usually carry very small purses but admit that I've gone a step up in size so I can fit a book in my bag. Not quite as ginormous as yours 😉 but big for me!

17. Funny! I can totally relate!

18. I definitely use a giant purse so that I can bring 1-4 books with me to work. (I read a lot at work, since I work 12 hour shifts). And of course I take into account book size when buying a purse. Even in my smallest purse, I can fit a mass market in there.

I think Amazon are kinda being douches by poking fun at IRL books. But I'm an old-fashioned, non-ereader kinda girl myself.

19. Trish (Just a YA Girl) says:

Hahahahah! Um, yeah I have a big purse. What of it?

I walk to work everyday and I carry my regular purse, and a big ass beach bag with multiple pockets. I keep my notebook, three books, and a change of clothes in it. So yeah. It does get difficult to find stuff in it.

I always buy purses according to how many books I can fit in it. I even bring a book and notebook to measure by. (Is that normal?) LOL

♥ Trish
    Just a YA Girl

20. Ha ha. I also buy purses like that. When I wanted a small bag for when I go on vacation I actually took a paperback with me because I needed to be able to fit at least a small book and my wallet in whatever I bought. 🙂

21. I am so a member of the Big Ass Purse Club. My friends are constantly mocking me about my adiction to reading and my crazyness for huge purses. I recently discovered some big purses which look small – goal!
    When I am close to finishing a book I normally take another one with me just in case.
    I am never ever ever without a book. Even when a friend picks me up at home, we drive somewhere and he brings me back home. Well, then my book was out in the air – not bad at all.
    I am getting used to the constant talk about my reading disorder (as they call it) and the questions about how many and which books I am constantly carrying around.
    That's a bookaholics life, isn't it?

22. Love the Kindle Commercial Couple and like the fact that the girl is pro book and guy loves his Kindle. Remember Amazon sells books and the Kindle and books are not going to go away. Its a win/win for Amazon. Both the Kindle Friends have such a natural quality about them and look like people you would know and like. I love the soft sell irony. He is the really nice guy and she is fiesty.

23. Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue says:

I…may look for two things in a new purse: pockets, and book-carrying room. I have a hardback in my purse now, so yeah, it's a monster size purse. 🙂

New follower, wanted to get in on your personal blog as well as TBaTB!

Trackbacks

1. […] is just one of SO many reasons I ALWAYS carry books with me and happily am part of the big ass bag brigade to make sure that happens. I mean, you just never know in your day when you are going to be able to […]