A New Chapter In My Life = Changes

If you follow me on Twitter ( @brokeandbookish ) you already know that in a year from now I will be getting married. Yes, that’s right – August 17 2012. We recently booked a reception venue and have been ring shopping but haven’t really been telling anybody until we are “officially” engaged….you know…with a ring! Luckily I have my lovely blog followers to chat with about it all. It may explain a little bit of why I’ve been preoccupied lately!

So what is Wedding Wednesday going to be all about? Well, it’s going to be a day out of the week on my blog in which I can, for the next year, talk about my wedding planning progress, review wedding books, give wedding tips, share bookish wedding ideas, talk about weddings in books, etc. Pretty much whatever I want.

If you’re asking yourself, “well isn’t this a BOOK blog?”, well good point…it is. However, for me, I like to infuse some of my other interests and my life into my blog. For the next year, this is going to be a big part of my life and I hope you all will be down for me sharing it with you! It was either this or I wanted to start a wedding blog. But there is NO way I could juggle both. So, I hope for the next year you all will be here to be excited with me, tell me your thoughts on my ideas, share your experiences, listen to me rant, and really just be there as I start this whole new chapter in my life.

I hope this one day a week departure from regular book talk for the year will be welcomed by you all. If not, it’s only on Wednesdays so that’s one less post you have to read! :)

So…that’s what we’ll be working with here on The Perpetual Page-Turner blog. I’ll still be here as regularly as I can with reviews of young adult literature, adult literature and all the usual bookish posts you have come to expect from me!

Comments

I'm excited to read about your wedding adventures! :) Plus, it helps me see you as a person rather than just a blogger. :)

2. Lu @ Regular Rumination says:

congratulations :D

3. I can't wait to hear all about your wedding plans.

4. Bailey (The Window Seat Reader) says:

congrats! i look forward to the new feature :)

5. I am here!

6. Melissa Buell says:

Yay for wedding stuff!! I don't mind reading about wedding planning. :)

7. Oooo, can I take part in Wedding Wednesday too? This is a great idea!

8. Congratulations! I look forward to reading about all your wedding plans.

9. Tahleen — Of course! :)

10. A Journey in Reading says:

Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing all of your excitement, plans and details with us!!! As for the ring… tell him "one word….Tacori!" :)

11. Kailia Sage says:

Congrats! I can't wait to see your wedding plans!

12. Congratulations! Looking forward to Wedding Wednesdays :)

13. Excited for this!

14. Frankie Diane Mallis says:

Oooh I love that and CONGRATS! I didn't hear it was official:-) So happy for you! XOXO

15. Congratulations!! Looking forward to Wedding Wednesdays.

16. readingfuelledbytea says:

I love hearing about wedding so go for it!

17. I think this is a great idea! Having something that gives people insight into you as a person is always an excellent addition to a blog. Not only that but it sounds like you'll tie it in to books!

Congrats & I'm looking forward to hearing more. :)

18. Congrats!
    I am looking forward to hear about your plans. My best friend married last year and it was kind of crazy – especially the last week. Kind of curious if that is always so. :-)

19. Yaseena@SweetUnrest says:

Congratualtions! Such an exciting chapter in your life and I will be really excited to tune in on Wednesdays and see how it's all turning out for you :) Good luck with everything

20. Congrats and what a fun idea :) I'm looking forward to reading your wedding posts :)

21. Congrats, Jamie!

22. readliveplay says:

Congrats! So excited for you and I can't wait to hear all about your wedding planning adventures

23. Melissa (Avid Reader) says:

Congrats! I think it's a great idea. I got married at the end of 2009 and I couldn't believe how much time and effort it took to plan a whole wedding by myself. Good luck, I can't wait to see how it goes!

24. Christina / Book Addict says:

Yay! I can't wait to hear more about this–this new feature is a great idea. I swear — planning a wedding can be a full time job…it's so much work! This seems like a great outlet. I hope you get a ring soon. ;)

25. Christina / Book Addict says:

26. The Crooked Bookshelf says:

Congratulations.. :) Looking forward to your new feature..

27. Congrats!!! I think it's a great idea!

28. Hafsah @ IceyBooks says:

Congrats, Jamie! I can't imagine your excitement! I'll certainly be looking forward to your Wednesday posts :)

29. This is such an awesome, exciting thing! I have very little wedding experience but I am always game for a good rant. Congratulations!

30. Midnyte Reader says:

I'm so excited for you! I love weddings. My old lady advice is don't let the details make you crazy, have fun…I wish I had more fun at my wedding, I was too busy worrying about everything. Looking forward to reading about your progress.

31. Congratulations!

32. Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) says:

YAY! I will be visiting the Wedding Wednesday posts :)

33. Congrats, Jamie! How exciting. I'll be checking back to read your wedding-related posts as the preparations get under way! :)

34. Congrats. I read plenty of wedding blogs while I was planning mine. I'll look forward to seeing you marry (haha) books and wedding planning.

35. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is SO exciting! Yay! :D

36. Hi, Jamie! I found your blog from the Engaged group on 20SB, and I love the looks of it. I will definitely be dropping in as a frequent visitor. :) Congratulations on your happy news!