Retail Therapy (1) – New Feature Right Hurrrr

Retail Therapy is a new feature here at The Perpetual Page-Turner book blog in which I combine my love for bookish things and shopping. Each time I’ll feature bookish accessories, bookish themed items,  bookish goodies or gifts that are perfect for that bookish person in your life. From time to time I might throw in something random that I’m really wanting that might not be book- related…because I have a serious shopping habit and my boyfriend won’t support it like I know you all will :P At this point I’m not sure if it will be a weekly thing or a bi-weekly or just a spontaneous thing…we will see. If you want to join me in sharing fabulous bookish goodies…feel free to link me and let me know in the comments so I can check it out!

This first time around I’m going to showcase something that I found when I was shopping at Anthropologie this past week in Georgetown on my little vacation. This was actually what inspired me to start this feature after thinking about doing it for a few months! I have sooo many bookish goodies to share with you but it made the most sense to start with this one first.

I LOVE sending cute postcards to people so I about had a heart attack when I saw these because I know they’ll be perfect to send to all my bookish friends! They are a collection of 100 different postcards that feature a different title from Penguin’s collection of classic paperbacks. I am love with all things vintage-y and I do love me some classics so I honestly fell in love with these. I took them out of the box when I was there and the stock is very sturdy and not flimsy. I really want to figure out a way to incorporate these into my wedding next summer but we will see!  Some of the ones that I saw when I took them out of the box were Wuthering Heights, The Great Gatsby and Tender is the Night. And not going to lie…I really love the box they come in.

You can buy these bookish postcards at Anthropologie for $25. Be sure to put me on your postcard list if you buy these! :P

*EDIT* Thanks to Chachic from Chachic’s Book Nook I’ve found out that these are cheaper from the Book Depository

Comments

1. AHHHH I SAW THOSE AT ANTHROPOLOGIE LAST TIME I WAS THERE AND I WANT THEM SO BADLY SO MUCH SO MUCH SO MUCH AHHHHH.

/excitement

2. Farrah Penn says:

Such a cute idea for a feature! I can't wait to see more :) And I freaking love Anthropologie!

3. Oh I love these! I'm going to have to get me some!

Great feature!

4. I love postcards! I've been looking at the Postcards from Puffin set from the Book Depository and I really want to buy it. Maybe I'll include it in my next order. I think the Penguin set is also discounted in the Book Depository right now, $18.10 instead of $25.

5. Jessica A. says:

Love the new feature and love those postcards! So cute. But then again, there's not a lot in Anthropologie that isn't cute.
    Can't wait to see what other bookish things you have to show us :)

6. I'm super excited for this feature! I LOVE bookish stuff!! Also, Oh my goodness! LOVE those postcards! I just started sending postcards to people and I love them! :P I think I'm going to have to buy them too!!

7. Hey Jamie I also have and love these! Going to make mine into a wall display. Re wedding, what you could do is put people's table number on the back with maybe a little message if you have time, then put them in envelopes with peoples names on so they find theirs. Does that make sense? X

8. Those look lovely! and what a great idea for a new feature :)

9. Those are so cute and would totally fun at your wedding. I've been seeing some really cute bookish themed centerpieces for weddings and I'm jealous that I didn't think to incorporate it as my theme.

One idea I saw was using some of those cute penguin classics books and lay two down then place a vase of flowers on top and lean one book against the vase…. it looked cute in the magazine. Would totally be fun. :)

Love this new feature!

10. These are super cute!

An idea for the wedding: Put stamps on them and address them to yourselves. Then have people fill them out as the guest book and put them in a box or whatever. Have someone you trust mail them to you guys when you are on your honeymoon. They will be there when you get back!

11. Christina / Book Addict says:

These are awesome…I definitely want them…..I like this new feature, Jamie!

12. Christina / Book Addict says:

These are awesome…I definitely want them…..I like this new feature, Jamie!

13. I have those, they're lovely!

I use them to decorate my room, rather than as actual postcards (who would really want to give them away?) and there's such a good variety of iconic designs and little known titles I'd never heard of as well, so it's added to my to-read list. :)

14. Melissa (Avid Reader) says:

I have been lusting after these for months! The only bad thing is that I think I would have a hard time sending them to people. Even though I would want to share them, I'd want to keep them too.

Those are awesome! I love them. I'd want to send postcards just so I could use them!

16. I so want these!! They are awesome. And thanks for the extra link to bookdepository as the anthropologie site had an extra $50 to ship internationally to my country so was completely unaffordable but bookdepository has free international shipping! Yay!

17. These are awesome! Love the cards and your bookish feature.

18. Argh! These are so pretty! This is just gonna inspire me to spend money, isn't it?

19. thatcovergirl says:

I love this feature! But don't post TOO many of them, as I may go broke. ;) If you buy the postcards, I'd love to get one in the mail! Just sayin! =)

20. Those are amazing! Thanks for putting up the book depository link…I think I am going to buy them now! :)