Top Ten Books On My TBR List For Fall 2011- Top Ten Tuesday

My list is a mix of new releases and books I already own as I’m really trying to get through a good chunk of the books I own this Fall….WHICH IS SUPER HARD WITH ALL THE GOOD RELEASES COMING OUT! As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at my other blog — The Broke and the Bookish!

1. Shade & Shift  — My blogging bff Jen has been telling me since the dawn of time that I need to read these and she is SUCH a wonderful person that she just sent them to me so they are WAY bumped up on my list! And plus, I got to meet Jeri Smith-Ready at BEA and she was AWEEEESOME. Like seriously…look what she did for her biggest fan Jen — thanks to Lindsey for packing Jen!

2. Every You, Every Me by David Levithan – Um…because I love David’s books and have met him twice so it’s an automatic top of the TBR.

3. Daughter of Smoke and Bones — I got this at BEA and it’s been staring at me to read it! I’ve heard it is quite good!

4. Harry Potter – Yeah, you know…since I STILL have not read these. BUT this time I have motivation because Jen and I are going to do some collaborative vlogs about reading these for the first time and it’s going to be AWEEESOME.

5. The Help by Kathryn Stockett – I’ve been meaning to read this forever ago when I bought it so that I will do. Plus, I’d really like to see the movie.

6. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater — Simply put, I think Carla will end our friendship, excommunicate me from the blogosphere or do something equally as cruel that she has up her British little sleeve. And look how beautiful our friendship is..I couldn’t do let that happen.

7. The Lost Girls – I had a fit about how I NEEDED to buy this book and haven’t read it yet. SO..it’s been bumped up so I can vicariously live through their travels as I will most likely have some major travel blues since summer will be over and I equate summer with road trips and traveling and all things fun.

8. The Name Of the Star by Maureen Johnson — I was about ready to promise my firstborn to someone at BEA so I could take their place in line to have. HOWEVER, I highly doubt Jamie spawn is high in demand. I will be at the bookstore as soon as it opens to make sure this is in my hands and probablyyy conveniently be sick that day at work. What? Did I say that? Juuuust kidding, work friends.

9. The Taker by Alma Katsu — After reading Nicole’s review for this I just had to have it so I was DELIGHTED to see it at the Book Blogger Convention. YAY adult books from BEA..because I didn’t get many of those!

10. Liesel & Po by Lauren Oliver — I almost cried tears of joy and started giggling like a maniac when this was in a nice little goodie bag from HarperTeen at BEA. Literally. I had to will myself into an emotional-less state so I didn’t seem crazypants. I love Lauren Oliver’s writing and I’ve heard this is AMAZING. And her letter to her readers. OMG. SLAY ME.

11. I HAD TO GUYS. Number 11 is definitely Shatter Me!! How could I forget that one?! Another BEA book that I was ecstatic about!

12. Re-read:  The lovely Shanyn from Chick Loves Lit let me borrow this after BEA and if you read my review of Lola and the Boy Next Door you will know how much I LOVED IT. OMG I don’t reread as often as I used to but you can bet your book-toting asses I will be getting my own copy and rereading it that day.

So that was near impossible because I had a bajillion more I could have put on this list. What about you?? What books are at the top of your TBR list for the Fall?

Comments

1. confessionsofacommonreader says:

I hadn't heard of The Lost Girls! I added it to my list. Hope you get to read everything on your list ;)

2. smellincoffee says:

Looking forward to your Potter vlogs. At least by starting so late you don't have to wait for any movie releases….!

3. OH MY GOODNESS. You haven't read Harry Potter?! I can't believe it. :o You MUST read them right now.

Shade & Shift are good choices! I haven't read them either but I heard they were pretty good.

Shiver's on my list as well! :)

-Sophia
    The Book Basement
    My Top Ten :)

4. 1girl2manybooks says:

I have The Help, Daughter Of Smoke and Bone and Lola and The Boy Next Door on my list too. I'm definitely interested in Shatter Me now as well.

5. Anne Bennett says:

I considered adding FOREVER by Stiefvater on my list but I have a feeling I'll have to read it before the end of summer if I want a crack at it due to popularity in my library.

-Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

6. I really liked The Help, and of course Harry Potter is a classic :) Nice choices!

7. Rie Conley says:

I'm in the process of reading The Taker. It's a read that I truly enjoy, but have to put down from time to time cause it can get heavy at times.

Great list!

Rie @ Mission to Read

8. Reading Harry Potter for the first time is definitely going to be FUN for you! Believe me, I miss that excitement so much – hope you enjoy the books!!

9. Janus Vielle Aragones says:

I haven't read Harry Potter either. I think I'll follow your example and find the time to read it too.

Great list!
    Here's mine: The Blair Book Project Top Ten

Janus @ The Blair Book Project

10. Jan von Harz says:

Just finished The Help and enjoyed it a lot. Also really want to read Lisel and Po, and Every You Every Me, which almost made my list today.

11. Seriously, you will be SHUNNED if you haven't read at least one Harry Potter book by January 2012! ;) Just so you know.
    Liesel & Po almost made my list, I'm excited about reading that one as well!

12. I cannot believe you haven't read Harry Potter! Anyone who is a lover of the written word should read it! I wrote countless papers in college studying different aspects of the Harry Potter series. JK Rowling's use of names and language and book seven's tie to Chaucer's The Pardoner's Tale. Like I said, it's an amazing series, I look forward to hearing about what you think. I love when my students read HP for the first time…seriously they all love it.

13. Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) says:

DoSaB…read it NOW!

My MIL doesn't read unless the book are religious, but she saw The Help movie and wants to read the book now :)

Shatter Me…read it NOW! haha

14. TwilightsDance says:

Great list, we share a few in common. BEA had awesome books. Lola is worth a reread for sure. As far as Harry, Ive only read the 1st one because I promised a friend but I just cant seem to pick up the rest.

Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight!

15. Ashley @ Book Labyrinth says:

Ooh yes, 'Shade' and 'Shift' are amazing!

I can't wait for 'Shatter Me' either.

My Top Ten

16. I haven't read HP, either, but I'm saving them for when my kids are older so we can read them together….

17. Dorothy A. says:

The Help is a very touching book.

I can't believe you haven't read Harry Potter! You will love it, I just know it.

18. I can't believe you haven't read Harry Potter. Hope you enjoy!

19. AgnesPink says:

The Name Of The Star and Shatter Me make my list too!
    Just an old follower hopping by!
    Check out my TBR List
    Also, GO READ HARRY POTTER!

20. Sarah Janeway says:

Great titles! Liesl & Po now has me intrigued.

I want to read Shade and Shift too thanks to the YA Crush Tourney. They look fun and interesting. Plus I can't wait to meet Zach. :)

22. Kailia Sage says:

Awesome choices!

23. I am getting more and more intrigued to want to read Daughters of Smoke and Bone.. overall awesome list… You will LOVE The Harry Potter Series.

24. Library Gal says:

Great list! and yes you do need to read Shiver, and Shade and The Harry Potter series, all are incredible! I can't wait for Lola and the Boy next door, I know how much you loved it:)

25. couchpotatocritic says:

I'm always amazed that there are people who still haven't read the Harry Potter series. Get to it, girl! :p

I read Shiver earlier in the year, and was pretty disappointed. I read it at the tail-end of a YA paranormal binge, though, so I might not have given it a full chance. I hope you enjoy it, though.

26. I really want to read The Daughter of Smoke and Bones and, even more, The Name of the Star! I can't wait for it to be released! I hope you enjoy The Help; I loved it!

27. Jessica A. says:

And here I thought I was like the last person on earth to have not read Harry Potter. Nice to know differently. I'm hoping to get to reading them this fall, as well.

28. Angelica Joy says:

I'm also looking forward to reading "Liesel & Po" have a wonderful week.

29. lisa [the nerd] says:

i'm so ready for you to fall in love with The Boy Who Lived.

30. Amber Griffiths says:

I'm looking forward to your collab vlogs on Harry Potter! You're definitely going to love the books – does that even need to be said?

Have a great weekend!
    Books of Amber

31. Cat the Librarian says:

I totally want to read The Help… Now I just need to get my hands on it!

32. Shiver is a must read! One of my all time favorite series. Stiefvater is a phenomenal writer. UGH, so so good.