My list is a mix of new releases and books I already own as I’m really trying to get through a good chunk of the books I own this Fall….WHICH IS SUPER HARD WITH ALL THE GOOD RELEASES COMING OUT! As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at my other blog — The Broke and the Bookish!
1. Shade & Shift — My blogging bff Jen has been telling me since the dawn of time that I need to read these and she is SUCH a wonderful person that she just sent them to me so they are WAY bumped up on my list! And plus, I got to meet Jeri Smith-Ready at BEA and she was AWEEEESOME. Like seriously…look what she did for her biggest fan Jen — thanks to Lindsey for packing Jen!
2. Every You, Every Me by David Levithan – Um…because I love David’s books and have met him twice so it’s an automatic top of the TBR.
3. Daughter of Smoke and Bones — I got this at BEA and it’s been staring at me to read it! I’ve heard it is quite good!
4. Harry Potter — Yeah, you know…since I STILL have not read these. BUT this time I have motivation because Jen and I are going to do some collaborative vlogs about reading these for the first time and it’s going to be AWEEESOME.
5. The Help by Kathryn Stockett – I’ve been meaning to read this forever ago when I bought it so that I will do. Plus, I’d really like to see the movie.
6. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater — Simply put, I think Carla will end our friendship, excommunicate me from the blogosphere or do something equally as cruel that she has up her British little sleeve. And look how beautiful our friendship is..I couldn’t do let that happen.
7. The Lost Girls – I had a fit about how I NEEDED to buy this book and haven’t read it yet. SO..it’s been bumped up so I can vicariously live through their travels as I will most likely have some major travel blues since summer will be over and I equate summer with road trips and traveling and all things fun.
8. The Name Of the Star by Maureen Johnson — I was about ready to promise my firstborn to someone at BEA so I could take their place in line to have. HOWEVER, I highly doubt Jamie spawn is high in demand. I will be at the bookstore as soon as it opens to make sure this is in my hands and probablyyy conveniently be sick that day at work. What? Did I say that? Juuuust kidding, work friends.
9. The Taker by Alma Katsu — After reading Nicole’s review for this I just had to have it so I was DELIGHTED to see it at the Book Blogger Convention. YAY adult books from BEA..because I didn’t get many of those!
10. Liesel & Po by Lauren Oliver — I almost cried tears of joy and started giggling like a maniac when this was in a nice little goodie bag from HarperTeen at BEA. Literally. I had to will myself into an emotional-less state so I didn’t seem crazypants. I love Lauren Oliver’s writing and I’ve heard this is AMAZING. And her letter to her readers. OMG. SLAY ME.
11. I HAD TO GUYS. Number 11 is definitely Shatter Me!! How could I forget that one?! Another BEA book that I was ecstatic about!
12. Re-read: The lovely Shanyn from Chick Loves Lit let me borrow this after BEA and if you read my review of Lola and the Boy Next Door you will know how much I LOVED IT. OMG I don’t reread as often as I used to but you can bet your book-toting asses I will be getting my own copy and rereading it that day.
So that was near impossible because I had a bajillion more I could have put on this list. What about you?? What books are at the top of your TBR list for the Fall?