Wedding Wednesday (1)

Wedding Wednesday is a feature I created so that, for the next year, I can talk about my wedding planning progress, review wedding books, give wedding tips, share bookish wedding ideas, talk about weddings in books, etc. Pretty much whatever I want. It’s going to be a big part of my life so I decided it deserves a place here on my book blog as my life is changing. Find more about it here!

OMG. Can we just take a moment to squee a little bit!? Today is August 17 and I will be getting married in ONE YEAR EXACTLY. OH SNAP.

I have honestly been going back and forth so much about what to do for my first Wedding Wednesday.  Should I talk about our story, where we are getting married or something really related to MY wedding or should I post inspiration?

I decided that, since we aren’t really too into the wedding planning process I’m just going to go with a little bookish wedding inspiration and share my dream venue — this amazing LIBRARY!! I have to get all these dream-like ideas I see on wedding blogs out of my head and start really planning but it’s SO FUN to look at them.

I saw this on Ruffled. Awesome wedding blog!

Seriously. How amazing would it be to get married in this library?? Did any of you get married in a library or any place bookish? Just you wait until I start showing you all the bookish centerpieces and decorations that I’ve found! I wish we could incorporate some of them into our wedding but I am the one into reading…not Will. It would just seem more ME than anything else. But anyways, yay for weddings in libraries!

Comments

1. I know that Rebecca from Book Lady's Blog got married in a library 🙂

2. That is awesome! I may have to contact her to see if she wants to share some purrrdy pics for WW.

3. Hafsah @ IceyBooks says:

I don't know of anyone who got married in a bookish place, but that sounds like an awesome place for a wedding!

4. A wedding in a library would be so cute! I've seen lots of cute book related invites and centerpieces. I'm going to enjoy this new feature.

5. Melissa Buell says:

I love the idea of getting married in a beautiful library! I can just picture the invitations. 🙂

6. Love the idea of wedding wednesday. I find wedding preparations very exciting and fun. Thanks for sharing with us

7. GORGEOUS. Also worth noting: See those white frames holding the table numbers? I used those too…$1 at IKEA. And they really popped on the tables.

8. Congrats lady! And I would loooove to get married in a library. I think the NY Public Library is where Carrie and Big were supposed to get married in the first Sex & the City movie…anyway! I'm so exicted for you an love your Wedding Wednsesday feature already!

Love the idea of getting married in a library! It's filled with so many great love stories – so why not begin yours there? love, love, LOVE.

10. Ooo you guys decided on a date! YAY! 🙂 Too funny that you created this Wedding Wednesday meme. I just created a Wedding Reading Challenge on my blog to start on Sept 1 – all inspired by the fact that I am also planning my wedding and I am getting married Sept 29, 2012!! So I figured a year of reading and reviewing wedding romances, wedding planning books. etc might be a fun idea – so fun stuff… great minds think alike! 🙂

11. That library is a beautiful place for a library! Congrats on the wedding date.

12. Getting married in a library is such a great idea!

13. I wonder if you would have to whisper your vows?

14. HAHHAAHHA MELINA!!

15. sarahsaysread.com says:

Only a year away, that's so exciting!!!

And getting married in a library would be heaven… I'm more of a city hall kinda girl, but if I was going to go for a traditional wedding doing it in a library would be amazing.

16. One year to the day. Crazy! I'll be at nine months to the day on Friday… it will fly. I know you can get married at the Boston Public Library, but I think it's pretty expensive.

Congrats!

17. MichieBee says:

That library is beautifuullll! If I ever do get married I would love for it to be somewhere like that. 😀

18. Today is my birthday! And your anniversary will be on my birthday! How cool is that??! Getting married in a library would be awesome!

New follower!

19. Jasmine Rose says:

I'm getting married in about 4 months. Good luck on all your planning :]

20. Melissa (Avid Reader) says:

I thought about getting married in a library, but we did it outside instead. I did have very, very bookish centerpieces at the reception though.

21. Gorgeous! I think @bookladysblog got married in a library if memory serves me correct. 🙂

22. StephTheBookworm says:

I have seriously considered attempting to get married in the library where I work. I think I'll probably wind up in a church though. It would be pretty awesome!

23. I know this post is old and I have already commented on it but I have TOTALLY figured out a way for you to include something small and bookish that people wont even know it is bookish at first. My uncle just got married this past weekend and they had a photo booth at the reception. I know that the popularity of those have been growing at a lot of weddings lately. Anyways at every place setting they had cute, transparent bookmarks and in it, it said thanks for attending and please go use the photo booth and place the photo strips in this bookmark as a keepsake. As the only bookish nerd at this wedding, I was more excited about the bookmark than the photobooth but still it was so much fun. Just thought I'd throw that idea out there for you.

24. We got married almost exactly a year ago and had a book theme for our wedding! I looked into having our reception at the library, but their courtyard would have been a little chilly in November, so we opted for a golf club instead. I made these awesome handpainted books as centrepieces, decorated with the titles of our favourite books. The wedding favours were bookmarks, with a list of our favourite books on them. Our cake was even a book! If you want any more ideas, just let me know!

P.S. We met in a bookstore, and are both avid readers, so books just HAD to be part of our day! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!