Wedding Wednesday (2) – Who Wants To See My Venue??

Wedding Wednesday is a feature I created so that, for the next year, I can talk about my wedding planning progress, review wedding books, give wedding tips, share bookish wedding ideas, talk about weddings in books, etc. Pretty much whatever I want. It’s going to be a big part of my life so I decided it deserves a place here on my book blog as my life is changing. Find more about it here!

For my first Wedding Wednesday I chose to share a delightful bookish wedding ceremony that I saw that was held in a library! It was fabulous and you should check it out. So this week I wanted to show you pictures from the venue that we are having our reception at.

Finding a venue was a bit difficult for us. We wanted something different and unique that reflects us. We aren’t really ballroom or country club type people as far as taste and style go so that was out for us. We found a few amazing places in Philly and the burbs that were unique and modern and amazing but definitely NOT within our budget so we really struggled and then we found this place in New Hope. I didn’t like it when I saw it on the website but I decided to go and look at it and suddenly I just completely envisioned us there! It’s so different and exactly what we are looking for. The venue describes itself as “urban nightclub meets historic charm”….and yah…it is as awesome as it sounds. It used to be an old brick factory in the cutest darn town of New Hope, PA.

Now I need to figure out how to decorate it! I love the whole rustic barn/garden party/vintage looks but I clearly can’t do that here. Sooo any thoughts would be helpful. I obviously have to go in a modern direction.

(Photos taken from their FB page):

This is the the outside patio that you walk down to when you first come in. Awesome tables for cocktail hour out there!

The bar is made from Ostrich leather and totally has that Art Deco feel. This area has such great space for cocktail hour!
 I love the reception room. Great space, awesome dancefloor ( KEY to any good reception!) and unique details. Love the exposed brick and artwork.
And aside from the cute downtown, there is an awesome historic train station right across the street from the venue and I’ve seen SO many awesome pictures involving the train tracks and the train cars. (Pic taken from Kevin York Photography)

SO yeahhh..this is where the fun is going to happen come August 17, 2012!!

Comments

1. Very cool and swanky! I was pretty into the whole rustic feel too, but then we got married in a ballroom. It was still beautiful.

OH MY. it's so beautiful, Jamie! And so YOU.

3. ahh, I haven't been checking blogs lately so just found out. Congrats!!!! lovely venue choice.

4. Very nice! 🙂 I love the idea of the train track pics. 🙂

Oh I love it! Definitely has a lot of character & charm 🙂 I'm like you.. I prefer the out of the ordinary wedding locals. Love the courtyard area for cocktails!

6. Looks great! Congrats on finding such an awsome venue.

7. Oh this is just gorgeous.

8. It's beautiful. Great venue!

9. It looks beautiful. I don't think you will need much decoration — it's very exciting. Keep posting about your wedding…..

10. It is so pretty! I really like the railroad tracks.

11. I am so glad you found the perfect place! Really, details like how to decorate will fall into place if you love the venue (These words of wisdom coming from someone who has hardly ever dated and only been to about 3 weddings!) Still, this is so exciting…now off to check out the awesome bookish wedding!

12. Bankruptcy Discharge Papers says:

Now you can get bankruptcy discharge papers instantly online. Get official bankruptcy discharge papers @ $9.99 online. Fast Delivery by email same day within 1 – 6 hours.

13. Michelle (my books. my life.) says:

Ooh – I love the Wedding Wednesday idea. And this looks like a great venue.

14. Cialina at Muggle-Born.net says:

oh! My parents had their wedding pictures taken at a historical train station. It was really pretty!

15. Looks lovely! We just booked our venue a couple weeks ago and I'm excited about it. It's a historic barn.

16. Donna Gambale says:

Ohhhh that was one of the places I'd considered! Another non-traditional one I loved was the Abington Art Center.

Looking at venues, I remember getting so frustrated, like you did — everywhere that wasn't traditional was insanely out of our price range.

Funny enough, I ended up with a traditional ballroom — only because the package was perfect and uncomplicated, and between some lighting and my centerpieces, the room was beautiful.

17. Gorgeous! You're going to have a beautiful day to be sure.