As always, Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by my other blog The Broke and the Bookish….and the letter F….because F is for…….FUN. Or F*CK I should be sleeping.
All my picks aren’t necessarily going to be books that haven’t come out yet. Sometimes I’ve just started a series and I’m behind!
1. Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty — Oh my goodness. I just finished Sloppy Firsts this weekend and WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!? Seriously, I have been waiting all weekend to get home from the beach so I can start this. I need to know what happens with Jessica and Marcus. You can read my review of Sloppy Firsts here.
2. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver — Let’s be honest…I’m going to be one of 328r09230 that have this on their list (Edit: YEAH, that’s right. There are even LETTERS to represent the multitudes of people that will say this). BUT with the way Delirium ended and how excellent the book was…I think there is a good reason why we all want this one! You can read my review of Delirium to see if it’s something you’d like…I know it’s been hyped.
3. Fever by Lauren DeStefano — I’ve never reviewed Wither but it was one of my favorite books I read last year when Steph Su let me borrow her ARC. I couldn’t review it simply for the fact that I LOVED IT TOOO MUCH and feared a review would never do it justice. Yeah, it’s that good because you know I’ve always got something to say. I’m dying to find out what happens to Rhine.
4. Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson — I don’t typically read Middle Grade but I loved Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson. I bought Forge while I was at a book signing of hers but STILL have not read it. Shame on me. I love me some good historical fiction.
5. The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting — This doesn’t come out until April of 2012 but I cannot WAIT to read this!! Desires of the Dead, while it wasn’t as good as TBF for me, set up an interesting scene for this book.
6. Glass by Ellen Hopkins — I read Crank SOOO long ago and I really need to just read this. I was supposed to borrow the book from my sister but she couldn’t find it and then I was just lazy.
7. Pretties by Scott Westerfeld — I only read The Uglies and I’m ashamed that I stopped reading them. I NEED TO READ THEMMM.
8. Thumped by Megan McCafferty — Ok, let’s get this out there. I pretty much love Megan McCafferty. I think her humor really just jives with mine and I definitely found that to be true when I met her at the Bumped release party. She is awesome. But anywho, I loved Bumped and found it to be so interesting and I will get my hands on this one for sure in April!
9. Sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer — This book was a crazy ride for me but I’m dying for the sequel for sure. Does it have a name yet?? THIS book isn’t even out yet and now I have to wait for the next. OH BOY.
10. Sequel To Fury by Elizabeth Miles _– Please give me more Furies!!! I don’t know if this one has a name yet either! This book had its good and bad for me but I will DEFINITELY be reading it.
So, do tell! Any sequels you are dying to read?? Also, this made me think…I literally never read any ADULT FICTION BOOKS that are series!? What are some good ones??