It’s BAAAAACK!!

Many of you participated in the End of 2010 Book Survey that I did last year and it was AMAZING. I found so many new blogs and my TBR list grew exponentially because I just HAD to add new books that were stand out’s for people that year.It was so fun to take a look back at our reading year in 2010!

It was so much fun that I’m for SURE bringing it back next year…with a better graphic (I had no skillz last year so it looks BAD. Not that this current one is skilled lol), a few more questions and some redefined ones and way more fun! I’m going to post the survey in its entirety on December 1 with Mr. Linky again. Last year I posted this WAY to early but this year I’d like to wait until December.

I’d like your feedback if you participated last year (or even if you didn’t but read through people’s surveys) as I go about reworking the survey for this year. I’m keeping many of the same questions, reworking some and getting rid of a couple and replacing them with new ones. I still want to keep it around the same length as it was last year but maybe an addition of 3-5 questions.

- Please let me know any awesome category ideas that I may have not thought of.
- A BIG source of discussion was the Worst Book of 2011 category. I realize I may not have been entirely sensitive (as I will still pretty new!) that it might be uncomfortable to announce that sort of thing with the way authors and bloggers interact. I didn’t have a problem with this particular question but I know MANY did and that’s totally understandable. What I’d like to know is would you like to: reword it to something less harsh or just scrap it and keep it all positive?
- Any other feedback would be great!
- Also, spread the word!! It was a huge surprise how many bloggers (and Youtube vloggers!) did it last year!

So, be watching this blog on December 1 for when the survey goes live! :)

Comments

1. This sounds really fun. I was not part of it last year, but I look forward to it this year.

2. GrazingPages says:

Oooh I cannot wait. I didn't participate last year as I only found the book community a few months ago. I know.. what did I ever do before it?!
    I'll definitely be taking part this year!

3. Sarah Reads Too Much says:

I loved your survey last year and I am so glad you are going to do it again!

4. wordsandpeace says:

would love to participate. i was not yet following you last year, so not sure what was included. I did a search on your blog with "book survey" and "end of the year", but could not find your last posts. would you have the link? Emma @ Words And Peace

5. Emma — I realized I forgot a link to last year! It's in the text now where it says End of 2012 survey.

6. 2010…sorry!! lol

7. What a great idea Jamie! I can't wait to participate!

8. Ashley @ Book Labyrinth says:

I didn't take part in this last year (I don't think I had found your blog yet at that point), but I will definitely do so this year! Nomes at Ink Crush did a "fave reads of 2011" thing back in June with similar categories, I think, and it was for the 1st half of 2011… anyway, that was a lot of fun, and I wanted to do something for the whole year anyway, so this is perfect. =)

Hmmmm not sure about the 'worst book' category. In a way I don't see the problem, because as bloggers we should pride ourselves on being honest, but I guess the wording is kind of harsh. I was going to say reword it to "Most Disappointing" or something, but I see that was a separate category. Not sure.

9. Christina / Book Addict says:

I can't wait for this survey! I loved it last year. Thanks for reminding us about it. I will definitely be participating again this year.

10. Christina / Book Addict says:

11. This sounds SO fun!

12. Sam (Tiny Library) says:

This sounds like fun, I'll be back to take part :)

As for 'worst book', for me it wouldn't be a problem as I don't tend to read many ARCs or even newly published books but I know that lots of other people do. Maybe you could call it 'Book that wasn't for me' or something along those lines – to show that the book just didn't fit with the reviewer?

13. Maybe instead of Worst Book have these categories:
    Wish I Could Change the Ending
    Most Annoying charachter
    Most Drawnout Book
    CopyCat

Or something to that effect :)

14. I didn't participate last year but I think I read a few of them. I'm looking forward to participating this year though, even though I don't think I've had a marvellous year of books. It's good to reflect on what you've read.

I personally don't have a problem with 'worst book' maybe as I don't read for review and I don't think many of the authors I read are really active on the blogger scene anyway. You could always provide an alternative question for those who don't wish to provide a direct answer to that.

How about a category/question about the books on your TBR that you didn't quite manage to read this year? Or one on any goals or plans or challenges etc for the next year? Any predictions?

Maybe a comparison of reads to last year?

15. Fiona — LOVE your additional ideas!!

16. theludicreader says:

Instead of worst book, how about 'book you enjoyed reading the least'…that's how we phrase it for our book club – that way no one has hurt feelings.
    -Christie

Woohoo! Super excited for this end of year survey again :-) Maybe if you changed worst book to most disappointing book? I'm ok with being honest on my likes & dislikes. I think as long as you're respectful, you shouldn't feel bad about it. We can't like them all!

18. I didn't see your survey last year, but it sure sounds great, I can't wait!

19. reutreads says:

On my monthly round up I say what my most "disappointing" book of the month was. I know you already have that but maybe you could combine it?

Or maybe "Book that wasn't for you"?

Reut
    reutreads.wordpress.com

20. nea barabea says:

Looking forward to it! :))