Bookish Purses – Retail Therapy

Last Retail Therapy post was such a daydream post with those bookish tubs and jacuzzi but this one is so something I’m considering buying.

Today I’m featuring these bookish purses from Rebound Designs. They are all mostly made with recycled book covers that were either damaged or going to be thrown away.

I love this lovely Pride & Prejudice purse as a huge fan of the book AND because I am OBSESSED with the color yellow.

Or what about this Dracula book cover purse?

Or an Emma book purse?

I think the only downside, being a member of the “big ass bag brigade” because I need to fit books and my Nook in it, is that this purse looks a little small for what I normally use. BUT I think I may just have to get over that because these are WAY too awesome and stylish and would be such a great conversational piece I’m sure!

Check out her Etsy store for more bookish purses!

If I get one (because you know the funds for such things may be an issue with all the wedding spending), I’ll be sure to let you all know! I may just add it to my Christmas wishlist! What do you think of these?? Are you going to be hinting to your significant others that this purse is the perfect bookish gift for you?

Comments

1. Jasmine Rose says:

These are amazing!! I probably wouldn't be able to carry one around since I go all or nothing (as in, backpack or just a wallet :P). The Dracula one is really pretty though.

2. lisa [the nerd] says:

that P&P purse is the SHIZ. loving that color.

3. sarah pekkanen says:

I LOVE these! Too expensive but so tempting….

4. I have those books in those covers! I'm positively torn because those look so pretty but at the same time I'm like… "murdered books! Nooooo!!!" :P

5. Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue says:

Wow! That is…awesome. I am currently swooning over the Little Women cover bag. But they are SO expensive! eeeek.

6. Midnyte Reader says:

Oh I must have the Dracula one. Thanks for finding these!

7. I was so excited about this (and thinking about buying one for my mom for Christmas) until I went to the site and saw that they were $165!! I just can't spend that much money on a purse.

Those are super cute. Problem? I couldn't fit anything in them. I need like a giant bookish tote :P

9. A book purse! I MUST HAVE IT!

10. Those are adorable, but where would you put your books? :) Adorable nonetheless!

11. I *love* looking at the book purses on Etsy! The blue Pride & Prejudice one is beautiful. But then I look at the prices and wince, LOL.

12. aHhh love it!!

13. Echoing everyone here. They're perfect.