So I Went Wedding Dress Shopping…. (Wedding Wednesday)

I’ll just tell you that the whole experience was surreal. I felt like I was playing dress up pretty much. It totally wasn’t like Say Yes To The Dress in most ways but in some ways it was kind of. I loved walking out in each dress and standing on a little pedestal with all eyes on me. I felt amazing in each dress but I just never got that MOMENT that I see on Say Yes To The Dress. I didn’t cry. I was really rather emotionless about the whole  thing which is wierd for me since I cry about everything. HOWEVER, I really really loved one dress that my whole family loved as well.  And I figured I might as well share it with you all.

From Ella Bridal – Dress 5513

I didn’t end up buying it because I just wasn’t sure. It’s REALLY hard to be sure. I honestly thought out of 12 or so dresses..all of them looked good except one. So HOW TO PICK?! It could be any one of them. And because I got myself all psyched out that I should have this overwhelming OMG moment that I see on tv. I keep thinking maybe I need to keep looking. I don’t know…the more I keep staring at this dress the more I think it is the one but my plan is to go for round 2 at another dress shop and then go back and try this one on. It looked amazing on me. I felt thin yet shapely and just gorgeous….and it made my boobs look good which is always hard for those of us who lack the boobage. And I’m one that is never happy with how I look! I honestly felt like a grownup in it. I’m always told how “cute” I look and how I look like I’m 16…but in this dress I felt so sophisticated and my age! It was really nice.

Comments

1. That is beautiful! I am going in for my first wedding dress appointment in two weeks, and I can't wait to finally try on something so gorgeous. I'm a little afraid that I'll have a hard time choosing, but tears are pretty much guaranteed. I mean, if I can cry from reading the first page of If I Stay, I better shed some tears when I find the perfect dress too!:)

Good luck in making your decision!:)

2. That, I must say, is one hell of a dress! So beautiful!

3. I am sure you look absolutely beautiful in it! I can tell you, as one of those "cute" girls, you definitely are beyond cute in a wedding dress. Definitely go look at others, but this one is going to look wonderful on you…very sophisticated and modern!

4. That's such a GORGEOUS dress! It kind of has a little bit of a mermaid-ish feel to it, cause it looks a little shimmery and the way the front chest-y part is shaped. It's really pretty. Good luck on making your decision! Maybe bring a Polaroid with you on round 2 so that you can look at pics of yourself in the dresses after you're done and still deciding?

5. Love the dress! It is gorgeous!! :)
    I never had the emotional thing happen with me. My mom and I actually went into a wedding dress shop on a whim – just to look – and I found my dress. It was the first dress I tried on – and I only tried on two. I just knew. :)

6. A. Knight says:

I've honestly never seen anything like that, Jamie. It's absolutely breathtaking, and judging by the pics & vlogs you've posted, I'd say you have the perfect matching body type for it. You probably look stunning in it. You should SO rock that dress down the aisle Jamie. OWN IT. ;)

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

7. Lu @ Regular Rumination says:

That's beautiful! I plan on wearing my prom dress to my wedding. Because Z and I went to prom together and it's a beautiful wedding-ish dress that I would love to wear again.

8. Looks pretty perfect.

9. I think it can't hurt to try on more dresses. Even if you don't have a crying OMG moment, you still want to feel sure.

This is the dress I think I want (in warm jade):

but I still have to go try it on!

This is perfect for you. So elegant and classy and beautiful.

11. that dress is gorgeous. Part of the fun with planning a wedding is picking out all the stuff. That day goes so quickly, so take your time. I agree that you should go to another shop.. try some more on, even if this dress ends of being the one.

good luck with all the planning! love reading your wedding posts. :)

12. I have no advice, sorry. But that dress is BEAUTIFUL!

That dress is beautiful! I understand how you feel, though. Picking out my dress was the hardest thing for me. I had a few restrictions, my parents didn't want to buy it, so I had to find a "good" rented dress. And, it had to be modest in the sense of no strapless, no spaghetti straps, no sleveless, etc. (It's a religious thing.) It was really hard to find something I liked, but when I found it, I just knew it was the one.

I hope when you find the one that you really, really love, you'll just know it's the one. :)

14. It is a beautiful dress and I can totally see why you fell in love with it. Happy dress shopping!

15. I didn't have that moment that everyone talks about either. I put it on and everyone fell silent and I decided that was good enough for me. Just wear something that you feel amazing in and define for yourself what amazing is to you!

16. Christina / Book Addict says:

I love this dress! You'll look perfect in it. Dress shopping was so much fun–enjoy this exciting time! And let me know if you are hitting up any signings coming up in the future. If I can, I may go to Rachel Caine at BN in Exton. Beth Kephart is also coming to Chester County books next week too. Let me know if you are interested!

17. Christina / Book Addict says:

18. That's a beautiful dress. But yes try more on. Once you buy your dress it's easy to be distracted by other dresses. It happened to me and I bought a second wedding dress. Besides I enjoyed dress shopping so if you do, do it til you can't look at anymore dresses!

19. Donna Gambale says:

We're like wedding sisters from another mother. This was my dress – Allure Bridals Exclusive 2320. The one you posted is beautiful! I totally didn't get the OMG feeling the first time around (I found it at the first store), but then I went back to it after a couple more stores, and I just got the teeniest bit teary eyed because I realized that I definitely felt the most beautiful in that one. I hope you get the same feeling!

20. Echoing everyone here: the dress is beyond gorgeous <3

21. Beautiful! Are you planning on having it be a surprise for Will, like is he going to see it beforehand? Steve is not allowed to see mine until the day haha.

22. Anonymous says:

I am wearing that dress at my wedding in August, it is beautiful!