Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is brought to you by my other blog — The Broke and the Bookish– and the letter “M”…because all I can think about is MASHED POTATOES and lots and lots of gravy.
There are sooo many amazing authors that I’d like to invite to a Thanksgiving feast. I had a bunch of adult fiction authors and YA authors but when I thought of who the most fun would be…it was hands down the YA authors…minus Margaret Atwood! Maybe it’s because I interact with them and have met a lot of them but I just think my Thanksgiving would be a really fun time of laughs, conversation and food!
1. Libba Bray — Pretty much I think Libba Bray is the coolest ever. She’s totally fun she could provide some entertainment since she is a rockin’ performer. Seriously, did you know she’s the lead singer of Tiger Beat?
2. Megan McCafferty – The brain who created Jessica Darling must be invited. Megan McCafferty’s book signing was epic and she’s totally nice and funny! We’d talk about the Jersey Shore (the place and not the show) and Marcus Flutie.
3. Lauren Oliver – As you know from my Lauren Oliver signing recap, I adore her and she’s totally interesting. She seriously cracks me up and, while I risk sounding creepy, I’m pretty sure we would be bffs. This Thanksgiving we’d probably be having a long chat about our upcoming weddings!
4. Gayle Forman – I’m pretty sure that I almost cried when I met Gayle Forman at the Brooklyn Book Fest…not as much as I bawled through her books though! She’s incredible! One thing we for sure share is our love for travel. She wrote a travelogue that I still need to read AND she told me that I’d love the book she’s working on because of the travel aspect! I’d tell her she best bring pictures from all her adventures!
5. David Levithan – There are not many people who can make me laugh out loud while reading a book. I met him a few times (once at a signing in my hometown and then twice at BEA) but I pretty much adore him. And he writes such pretty words — The Lover’s Dictionary blew me away and made me all in love with being in love 😛
6. John Green – I’ve only experienced his writing with Let It Snow and Will Grayson, Will Grayson but his videos are EPIC. I think he’s hilarious. And the combo of him and David together would be fabulous!
7. Stephanie Perkins — Let’s be honest. Did you not know that I am a big Stephanie Perkins fan girl? Did I not gush enough in my reviews of Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door? Plus, let’s be honest she’s funny and always talks about interesting things on the Twitter machine.
8. Maureen Johnson – Do you follow her on Twitter? Surely you know why she is a must! I met her and she’s definitely awesome in real life, too!
9. Margaret Atwood — She’s fascinating. I have a feeling she’d bring a lot to the conversation. She’s so active in so many things and I think we’d all walk away inspired by her.
10. Markus Zusack — He’s Australian. So that makes him automatically cool and worthy of an invite to my Thanksgiving feast. I’d also allow him to host it in Australia if need be 😛 But seriously…I love his books! I’ve been dying to meet him and nothing like a little turkey and mashed potatoes to allow me to pick his brain.
What authors would YOU want at your Thanksgiving feast and why?? CLEARLY, I think making up things like a wedding with fictional characters and Thanksgiving feasts with authors is way more cool and exciting than real life events 😛