Top Ten Authors I’d Invite To My Thanksgiving Feast

Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is brought to you by my other blog — The Broke and the Bookish– and the letter “M”…because all I can think about is MASHED POTATOES and lots and lots of gravy.

There are sooo many amazing authors that I’d like to invite to a Thanksgiving feast. I had a bunch of adult fiction authors and YA authors but when I thought of who the most fun would be…it was hands down the YA authors…minus Margaret Atwood! Maybe it’s because I interact with them and have met a lot of them but I just think my Thanksgiving would be a really fun time of laughs, conversation and food!

1. Libba Bray — Pretty much I think Libba Bray is the coolest ever. She’s totally fun she could provide some entertainment since she is a rockin’ performer. Seriously, did you know she’s the lead singer of Tiger Beat?

2. Megan McCafferty – The brain who created Jessica Darling must be invited. Megan McCafferty’s book signing was epic and she’s totally nice and funny! We’d talk about the Jersey Shore (the place and not the show) and Marcus Flutie.

3. Lauren Oliver – As you know from my Lauren Oliver signing recap, I adore her and she’s totally interesting. She seriously cracks me up and, while I risk sounding creepy, I’m pretty sure we would be bffs. This Thanksgiving we’d probably be having a long chat about our upcoming weddings!

4. Gayle Forman – I’m pretty sure that I almost cried when I met Gayle Forman at the Brooklyn Book Fest…not as much as I bawled through her books though! She’s incredible! One thing we for sure share is our love for travel. She wrote a travelogue that I still need to read AND she told me that I’d love the book she’s working on because of the travel aspect! I’d tell her she best bring pictures from all her adventures!

5. David Levithan – There are not many people who can make me laugh out loud while reading a book. I met him a few times (once at a signing in my hometown and then twice at BEA) but I pretty much adore him. And he writes such pretty words — The Lover’s Dictionary blew me away and made me all in love with being in love πŸ˜›

6. John Green – I’ve only experienced his writing with Let It Snow and Will Grayson, Will Grayson but his videos are EPIC. I think he’s hilarious. And the combo of him and David together would be fabulous!

7. Stephanie Perkins — Let’s be honest. Did you not know that I am a big Stephanie Perkins fan girl? Did I not gush enough in my reviews of Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door? Plus, let’s be honest she’s funny and always talks about interesting things on the Twitter machine.

8. Maureen Johnson – Do you follow her on Twitter? Surely you know why she is a must! I met her and she’s definitely awesome in real life, too!

9. Margaret Atwood — She’s fascinating. I have a feeling she’d bring a lot to the conversation. She’s so active in so many things and I think we’d all walk away inspired by her.

10. Markus Zusack — He’s Australian. So that makes him automatically cool and worthy of an invite to my Thanksgiving feast. I’d also allow him to host it in Australia if need be πŸ˜› But seriously…I love his books! I’ve been dying to meet him and nothing like a little turkey and mashed potatoes to allow me to pick his brain.

What authors would YOU want at your Thanksgiving feast and why?? CLEARLY, I think making up things like a wedding with fictional characters and Thanksgiving feasts with authors is way more cool and exciting than real life events πŸ˜›

Comments

1. dude, I suck at life. I totally left John Green off my list.

fail!

2. NO STUPID BLOGGER MY COMMENT.

Anyway, I said something like this – totally jealous of all your authorly pictures and also yeah John Green is a babe and awesome and duhhh Stephanie Perkins.

3. confessionsofacommonreader says:

ARG!! I left David Leviathan off my list!! tragedy. I'm so sad.

4. JAMIE! I swear we're book twins. I also invited Stephanie. I thought about Markus, but decided to make it a girls only party. πŸ™‚ Maureen would have been so much fun to add to my list. You know what? Why don't we just COMBINE parties? πŸ™‚

5. 1girl2manybooks says:

We share Margaret Atwood and Stephanie Perkins on our lists! I would definitely love to meet Lauren Oliver and Gayle Forman too.

6. Tanya Patrice says:

Ooh so awesome that you got to meet all these cool writers. Sweet list.

7. "He's Australian. So that makes him automatically cool" haha Jamie you crack me up. Anyways, you definitely have an AWESOME list and you make me jealous with all the authors that you have met!

8. diaryofadomesticgoddess says:

I've only heard of the last two authors on your list – so I now have eight new ones to check out – hurrah! πŸ™‚
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. πŸ™‚

9. stopping by to view your top ten authors for Turkey day dinner.

10. I pretty much adore David Levithan too…I think I might have a unhealthy crush on him. Lots of your authors are on my list too!

Happy early Thanksgiving!

My Top Ten Tuesday

11. Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields says:

Stephanie Perkins would be awesome to meet in person!! I just know it! πŸ™‚
    On my list is: J.K. Rowling, Sophie Kinsella, Jen Lancaster and Sarah Dessen. This list is so condensed though, I just LOVE meeting authors and going to signings. I wish I lived in a bigger city so I could go to more!

12. Awesome list! I love most of these authors and I would love to have Gayle Forman and David Levithan at my dinners table too. πŸ˜€

13. Let's just combine our dinners.

14. Burgandy Ice says:

Oh, nice!! I'm on my way over!

I am so mad at myself for leaving off Libba Bray. And I left off Richelle Mead, too. This makes zero sense. But I love your list, even if I haven't read books from the some of the authors πŸ˜› SHAME.

16. I can't believe I totally didn't put Maureen Johnson on my list. She's so entertaining on Twitter!

17. nazish0151 says:

I have 2 of the same authors (Maureen Johnson and John Green) on my list too.
    Here's mine http://nazish0151.wordpress.com/2011/11/22/top-ten-tuesday-2

18. It's so cool that you have pictures with nearly all your authors. Fun!

19. Melissa (Avid Reader) says:

Green and Atwood are both on my list as well. I almost added Zusak, but I ran out of spots.

20. Asheley (@BookwormAsheley) says:

Well you KNOW I <3 LOVE <3 John Green so much. So much, in fact, that I asked him to bring along Hank in my list (they're #'s 1 and 2). But I swear I had a good reason for Hank being #2. It's totally Bookish, so it totally counts. (ReadIt1st.com, Hank's book thing)

Anyway, lovely list.

21. Hi! This is my first time here, but this dinner guest list has convinced me that you have incredible taste. I'm sure I'll be back…

22. What a great list!

I met Zusak back in 2007 and he has the most wonderful Australian accent…and he is FUNNY. I would definitely invite him. πŸ™‚

23. lisa [the nerd] says:

just the thought of Markus Zusak in a 20 mile radius of me causes my pants to burn into flames.

and also he is an excellent author.

24. Sara (of the Page Sage) says:

John Green and Libba Bray are both on my list! (That video you posted is AWESOME by the way!) I love Markus Zusak and Maureen Johnson, too!!! (: