Adios 2011…You Were A Mixed Bag For Sure.

Last year I wrote up this HUGE long, kinda sad post recapping my year..I chronicled each month.  I was really kicking 2010 out the door quickly and I was fully embracing 2011 and what it had in store. I had hoped 2011 would be epic…and in some ways it was..it really was but in some ways it was a little bit of a disappointment and there were some tough things I had to navigate through. But..I’d say 2011 was a good year overall. I learned a lot about myself, which is always important, and I had some really great times.

The Good Of 2011:

+ I went to BEA and finally met some of my best blogging buddies in the world face to face. BEA was really quite epic and I got a great time meeting publishers, authors and fellow bloggers.

+ My younger (23 years old) sister found out she was pregnant!! In mid January 2012 I will be an auntie to a little baby girl who will be named Genevieve!! To say I am on baby alert right now is an understatement.

+ We booked a date and a place to get married — August 17 2012! AND I BOUGHT A WEDDING DRESS!!! From Ella Bridal.

+ I met some of my favorite authors in the whole wide world — Gayle Forman, Libba Bray, Lauren Oliver and more! (With Gayle Forman and some of my favorite bloggers ever!)

+ I read some AMAZING books. You can read my End of Year Book Survey or my Top 10 Books Read In 2011 to see.

+ I got a full time job!

+ My blog grew and I met amazing new readers. I want to thank you all for supporting me in 2011 and for all the amazing conversations we’ve had and all the book recommendations you’ve given me. I HEART YOU ALL FOR MAKING BAD DAYS BEARABLE!! <33

Needless to say..lots of good things happened this year! I am soooo looking forward for 2012 because I think it is going to be beyond epic.

I will be getting married to my best friend and love of my life. Quite scary since I was never a commitment sort of girl!
We will have a new baby in the family. YAY FOR BEING AN AUNTIE!

What are the highlights of your year? What are you looking forward to in 2012?

Comments

1. Happy New Year! Am so excited for you and your coming year – wedding and becoming an Aunt! Those were my 2011 highlights (although my sister had her baby in November of 2010) – new job as well! Nice to meet you this year and look forward to hopefully seeing you in the new year!

2. I'm grinning from year to year right now. Especially after reading your New Year post from last year, I'm so happy to know that 2011 was better for you. Here's a belated hug for 2010.
    I love your wedding dress! I was mentally rooting for this one when you showed it to us and I'm so glad you chose it. I hope your wedding (and marriage in general) is wonderful.
    Also, yay for being an aunt and getting a full time job! Best of wishes to your sister and the baby.
    Have a Happy New Year!

3. Sara (of the Page Sage) says:

Congrats on everything this year!! Your wedding dress is gorgeous! And you're insanely lucky to have met Libba Bray! Congrats, also, on being an aunt!

Happy New Year! (:

4. April (BooksandWine) says:

I loved rooming with you at BEA! AND YES one of my 2012 resolutions will totally be to hang out with you more, because seriously BEA was SO MUCH FUN with you (and Shanyn and everyone else).

Congrats on being an aunt soon.

AND YAY WEDDING! You are going to be so beautiful and I imagine it will go off without a hitch.

Happy New Year, Jamie!

5. Helen's Book Blog says:

How can we ever top becoming an auntie and getting married?! Congratulations on all the upcoming wonderful stuff

6. I'm glad 2011 treated you better than 2010! You clearly had a great year for meeting authors and bloggers.

Congrats on being an aunt and getting married! I hope 2012 is a wonderful year for you.

Happy New Year, Jamie!

7. Oh man what a year it's been…BEA is and will forever be a highlight for me because of the books and the authors, yeah, but mostly YOU GIRLS! <3

8. lisa [the nerd] says:

am dying over the name Genevieve. SO SWEET.

you are wonderful and such a staple in the ya blogging community.

Happy New Year, Jamie!

9. Every year has its ups and downs, but it's always good to focus on the positives. Here's to a fabulous 2012! 🙂

10. YAY for August 17th!! Best day ever to get married 🙂 I'm glad it was a great year and I'm sure 2012 will be awesome as well!

11. Asheley (@BookwormAsheley) says:

everything sounds marvelous!

here's to a new year, fresh with no bad parts. only good ones!!!

xoxo

12. Michelle (my books. my life.) says:

2012 sounds like it's going to be pretty awesome for you. I'm looking forward to it a bit too. 😉 Happy New Year, Jamie!

13. Magan @ Rather Be Reading says:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Jamie! It sounds like 2012 is going to be even better for you! It's going to be so much fun to see you get married and become an Aunt. It was so much fun to (over-the-internet) meet you at the end of 2011. I can't wait to get to know you better and hopefully meet you in person when I am in NY in March. Hopefully we can make E's and your schedule line up and we can all get together while I'm there. Hugs to you!

14. nea barabea says:

Happy new year Jamie!! 🙂 I wish you all the best 😉

15. Michelle Shannon says:

It sounds like 2012 is going to be your best year yet! Your wedding dress is gorgeous. You are going to knock him dead. Being an aunt is so much fun because no one expects you to change dirty diapers! 😉

Happy New Year!!

16. Awesome year with an even better one to come. Love your dress.

17. Happy New Year Jamie! I'm sure your 2012 is going to be amazing, what with the wedding and the new nephew.

Your dress looks GORGEOUS. I can't wait to see photos of your wedding and everything because I'm sure it'll be amazing!

18. Midnyte Reader says:

Sounds like a perfect year to me. Hope 2012 is even better for you!

19. I love the name genevieve! So pretty.

No matter what happens, knowing I'll be getting married and going on a honeymoon in 2012 pretty much guarantees it'll be awesome!