I basically gave a run down of my reading year in my End of Year book survey that I host every year (as in…last year and again this year haha) but here’s a comprehensive list of my top ten…in no order.
As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at my other blog — The Broke and the Bookish!
1. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys : I had to put this one first because I listened to it via audio on my holiday travels and, as probably my last read of the year, became one of my favorites…so much so that I have to amend my End of Year Book survey answers at some point. THIS BOOK IS AMAZING. I honestly cannot wait to write my review this book…a feeling I haven’t had in a while! Be on the lookout for that!
2. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty — My review was so spastic but seriously…this book is hilarious and wonderful and amazing. WHY DID I WAIT THIS LONG TO READ IT?!? Jessica Darling and I are very much kindred spirits…especially high school Jamie.
3. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins — While I LOVED LOVED LOVED Anna and the French Kiss (obviously)..I was one of the people who declared Lola my favorite of the two books! I just adore Stephanie’s books!!
4. Where She Went by Gayle Forman — WHAT a fantastic follow up to If I Stay. I couldn’t have asked for it to be anymore perfect. I think this was my favorite out of the two!
5. The Lover’s Dictionary by David Levithan — One of the most beautiful books I’ve ever read EVER. I could have dog-eared every page honestly. If I were the sort to dog-ear 😛
6. The Bird Sisters by Rebecca Rasamussen — WOW. I needed a good literary fiction novel this year…and this one was a nice surprise. I didn’t know WHAT to expect of it..and it blew any expectations I had out of the water.
7. Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready: I’m a picky paranormal reader and this one really became one of my favorite reads of 2011!
8. Fever by Lauren DeStefano: Be prepared, folks, for when this comes out in 2012. OH MY GOODNESS. If you haven’t read Wither and are into dystopians with achingly beautiful writing…GET TO IT! Then you can read this one 🙂
9. Raw Blue by Kirsty Eager — I am so on board with Aussie lit after reading this. If you want some edgier YA with older protags…give this one a whirl. Also, if you are a beach bum and love surfing…you need to read it.
10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver — I wasn’t into it in the beginning and then suddenly…BLAM. I was done. I was crying. I was pining and drooling for Pandemonium.
This year was the year of YA for me…I was striking out on Adult books. I seemed to read mostly duds or just “meh” ones this year. Hopefully next year I’ll read some amazing Adult books. So, leave me a rec of an amazing adult fiction novel i MUST read for next year. Also, any of mine make it on your list??