Top Ten Books That Santa Should Get Me For Christmas
December 20, 2011 by · 22 Comments
As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at my other blog — The Broke and the Bookish.
Wow guys. It’s been a little bit of time since I’ve really blogged too much…that hiatus I took around Thanksgiving pretty much lasted a month. I needed it though. Lots of things going on. This top ten list seemed like the perfect way to get myself back into blogging — who doesn’t like making a list of books that they’d want for Christmas?! I think it’s hard for other people to buy me books (unless they are a blogger OR I provided a list) but these are the books I’d hope for. Also, I got a few of the books that would be on this list from my Secret Santa!!
1. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley — I’ve heard Carla of The Crooked Shelf rave about this one and it’s been on my radar ever since! Since it doesn’t seem to be in the US I need Santa to go down under and get it for me 🙂
2. Shine by Lauren Myracle — I’ve heard amazing things about this one. It sounds amazing and I do have a special place in my heart for teen books that touch on the hard issues like bullying, hate crimes, sexuality and more. My only experience with Lauren Myracle is of the Let It Snow short stories but I really liked her writing so I’m hoping Santa knows whats up!
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth — How in this world have I not read this yet? Santa, please help me in my hour of need and bring this highly recommended YA dystopian to me at one!
4. Chime by Franny Billingsley — I’ve heard nothing but greatness about this book. I’ve heard that the writing is beautiful and we all know I’m a sucker for beautiful writing no matter the genre or if its Young Adult Fiction or Adult Fiction. And plus I’ve been in a major reading slump lately so this would hopefully help remedy that!
5. Everybody Sees The Ants by AS King — I LOVED Please Ignore Vera Dietz so I can’t believe I don’t yet own this own. I’ve heard nothing but great things about it!
1. A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan — I feel like everybody I know LOVES this book and I always see it at the bookstore and THINK about buying it but never do.
2. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern — I feel like this was one of those “It” books this year. Everyone seems to have read it — Adult Fiction & YA book bloggers alike! It sounds super interesting and with all that praise…I’d probably stop opening presents right then and there to read it.
3. Bossypants by Tina Fey — Let’s be honest. I need some laughs after the way 2011 is ending and I think Tina Fey could do that for me. Double points for the audio version, Santa. Just sayin.This cover freaks me the hell out though.
4. Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel by Rolf Potts — Basically if I could do anything in life I would travel. I’d probably *GASP* give up all my books to travel (of course I’d buy them on the road). I want this so I can entertain these grand dreams of just traveling and traveling and traveling. I would seriously be down for long term travel..unfortunately my wallet is not. Santa..along with this book…please bring ONE MILLION DOLLARS. (said in my most Dr. Evil voice).
5. Little Bee by Chris Cleave — I’ve wanted this book since FOREVER. Or at least since I’ve heard of it..which was probably when it came out. Another one of those books I kept forgetting to aquire.
What books do you wish to be under your tree? Have you read any of my picks?