Top Ten Books That Santa Should Get Me For Christmas

As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at my other blog — The Broke and the Bookish.
Wow guys. It’s been a little bit of time since I’ve really blogged too much…that hiatus I took around Thanksgiving pretty much lasted a month. I needed it though. Lots of things going on. This top ten list seemed like the perfect way to get myself back into blogging — who doesn’t like making a list of books that they’d want for Christmas?! I think it’s hard for other people to buy me books (unless they are a blogger OR I provided a list) but these are the books I’d hope for. Also, I got a few of the books that would be on this list from my Secret Santa!!
YA Books
1. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley — I’ve heard Carla of The Crooked Shelf rave about this one and it’s been on my radar ever since! Since it doesn’t seem to be in the US I need Santa to go down under and get it for me 🙂
2. Shine by Lauren Myracle — I’ve heard amazing things about this one. It sounds amazing and I do have a special place in my heart for teen books that touch on the hard issues like bullying, hate crimes, sexuality and more. My only experience with Lauren Myracle is of the Let It Snow short stories but I really liked her writing so I’m hoping Santa knows whats up!
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth — How in this world have I not read this yet? Santa, please help me in my hour of need and bring this highly recommended YA dystopian to me at one!
4. Chime by Franny Billingsley — I’ve heard nothing but greatness about this book. I’ve heard that the writing is beautiful and we all know I’m a sucker for beautiful writing no matter the genre or if its Young Adult Fiction or Adult Fiction. And plus I’ve been in a major reading slump lately so this would hopefully help remedy that!
5. Everybody Sees The Ants by AS King — I LOVED Please Ignore Vera Dietz so I can’t believe I don’t yet own this own. I’ve heard nothing but great things about it!
Adult/Non-Fiction Books
1. A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan — I feel like everybody I know LOVES this book and I always see it at the bookstore and THINK about buying it but never do.
2.  The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern  — I feel like this was one of those “It” books this year. Everyone seems to have read it — Adult Fiction & YA book bloggers alike! It sounds super interesting and with all that praise…I’d probably stop opening presents right then and there to read it.
3. Bossypants by Tina Fey — Let’s be honest. I need some laughs after the way 2011 is ending and I think Tina Fey could do that for me. Double points for the audio version, Santa. Just sayin.This cover freaks me the hell out though.
4. Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel by Rolf Potts — Basically if I could do anything in life I would travel. I’d probably *GASP* give up all my books to travel (of course I’d buy them on the road). I want this so I can entertain these grand dreams of just traveling and traveling and traveling. I would seriously be down for long term travel..unfortunately my wallet is not. Santa..along with this book…please bring ONE MILLION DOLLARS. (said in my most Dr. Evil voice).
5. Little Bee by Chris Cleave — I’ve wanted this book since FOREVER. Or at least since I’ve heard of it..which was probably when it came out. Another one of those books I kept forgetting to aquire.
What books do you wish to be under your tree? Have you read any of my picks?

Comments

1. Vagabonding sounds BRILLIANT. I'd give anything to be able to travel the world over without spending too much money (I don't even have) haha.

A huge cheer for Graffiti Moon, which was awesome. But an even bigger cheer for Divergent, which is probably my favorite book of 2011. I hope Santa brings it to you!

2. JAMIE YOU HAVEN'T READ DIVERGENT YET? I'm headed to the post office next week.

3. Midnyte Reader says:

Oh yes, you need Chime and The Night Circus. I haven't read Divergent yet either.

4. Asheley (@BookwormAsheley) says:

oh jamie! i always love your posts.

i only JUST read Divergent, so don't worry. there are a few of us out there, the stragglers. it really is spectacular, so i hope it finds its way under the tree for ya. i borrowed it from the library – made them order it just for me by throwing a tantrum. it totally worked.

little bee – i read that one. when/if you get it and read it, i'd love to hear your thoughts. seriously. i fell in love with the cover, which is why i read it, and i ended up reading it in one sitting.

and OMG THE NIGHT CIRCUS! it's totally deserving of all of the hype AND buzz. it's my pick for best of 2011, for sure. so incredible. it's the one book that i hope finds its way under my tree this year. so, so magical.

5. Steph @ The Caffeinated Reader says:

Oh yeah, you DEFINITELY need Bossypants on audio. It's amazing. I've accidentally stayed up until 5 a.m. for the past two nights because I can't stop listening, and I've LOLed many times.

6. Glad to have you back!
    I haven't read Divergent yet either, even though I own it…
    I'm actually getting The Night Circus for Christmas 🙂 How do I know this? I put it in my boyfriend's hands at the bookstore and said: buy this for me for Christmas and made the puppy dog eyes 😉

7. nea barabea says:

Jamie you haven't read Divergent? Woow that's quite a shock lol. You really should read it 😉 Hope Santa will bring it to you!! 🙂

8. lisa [the nerd] says:

Graffiti Moon is DEFINITELY something you will adore.

Also, Bossypants was awesome.

I hope Santa treats you right this Christmas!

9. Awesome choices. I've never seen Graffiti Moon, but that cover is intriguing. I've read and really enjoyed all of your adult choices, except for Vagabonding (which I have not read). Hopefully you get some of these great books for Christmas.

10. Tanya Patrice says:

I;ve read The Night Circus and loved it. And Divergent is on my list too. I hope you were good this year so Santa will get you some of these books 🙂

11. Oooh I want to add Chime and The Night Circus to my wish list too!

12. Vagabonding looks really interesting. A Visit From the Goon Squad is decent.

13. Graffiti Moon and Night Circus for sure!

14. The Night Circus is everywhere! I've been hearing about it for months; I really have to check it out from my library. Happy holiday reading!
    JNCL
    The Beauty of Eclecticism

15. I just recently read Shine and it was fantastic! I hope it makes it's way into your stocking. 😉

16. April Books & Wine says:

Bossypants on audio is SO good! Oh my goodness, like laugh out loud like a nut job good!

I really enjoyed The Night Circus. It's vastly different from most YA I read but it's really a sensory experience. Definitely worth the hype.

Merry Christmas!

17. April Books & Wine says:

Merry Christmas!

18. I gave you the Versatile blogger award! Check out this post to get more info =)

19. I would love to see your reviews, so I hope you get them!

20. thatcovergirl.com says:

It's like you climbed into my brain and came up with the same list! Except I've read GM — get on that shizz ASAP because you will LOVE it.

21. Welcome back lady!! I MUST get copies of Divergent and Shine too – fingers crossed Santa brings them to us 🙂

22. TheBookGirl says:

I thought The Night Circus was wonderful — I was amazed at the world she created.

Hope Santa brings you most or all of your list 🙂