Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted over at my other blog The Broke and the Bookish. If you like lists of books and authors…you will enjoy TTT.
I am SO STOKED about every single one of these. I wasn’t sure whether I was going to post about my top ten books I’m excited to read in 2012 (so I could include anything; not just new releases) but I decided that I’m really super excited about some books that are coming out this year and so I must go that route!!
1. Diva (The Flappers) by Jillian Larkin — I REALLY love this YA Historical Fiction series! I loved Vixen the best but I thought Ingenue was riveting and the ending just makes me desire Diva even more!! I’ve always been enthralled with the 1920’s and the flappers but this series has made me rekindle my love for learning about this time period and I’ve been taking out all my Fitzgerald novels again. LOVE.
2. The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges — I LOVE LOVE LOVE books set in Russia (and I won’t lie…totally a fan of Russian literature) and I don’t see it enough. The Gathering Storm is a YA historical fiction with paranormal elements set in 1888 in St. Petersburg. It looks pretty interesting and it comes out next week!
3. Pandemonium (Delirium) by Lauren Oliver — It took me a while to get into Delirium by Lauren Oliver as I mentioned in my review. I was really getting ready to give up because I just couldn’t understand WHY everyone loved it so much. But then I was suddenly sucked into the world and the ending just left me with my jaw on the ground. I am currently in possession of this one and I can’t wait to read it!! I’m hoping some of my issues with Delirium aren’t issues here.
4. The Academie by Susanne Dunlap — Oh you KNEW I’d be excited about this, right? YA Historical fiction set in Paris (the subject for my first Of Literature & Locations post) and there is a BOARDING SCHOOL. The main character is President Monroe’s daughter and she ends up at boarding school in Paris being classmates with Napolean Bonaparte’s daughters who seem like quite the troublemakers! I’m EXCITED. If there is one thing that gets this little francophile excited it’s French history…oh and French cuisine. 😛
5. The Last Echo: A Body Finder Novel by Kimberly Derting — I loved The Body Finder but didn’t LOVE Desires of the Dead but it DID have some interesting things setting up for The Last Echo. I’m excited to see what happens to Violet and Jay! If you like a good YA mystery, this one is pretty darn good! I got this one in the mail the other day so I’m hoping to start it soooon!
6. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins — OH HI. Do you know me? I’m the girl who gushes about Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door. While it took me a while to give Anna a try because of the horrid cover, I relented and OH MAN. Stephanie Perkins is now one of my favorite young adult writers of contemporary! She writes contemporary young adult novels in a way that I love and her characters are unforgettable to me. I GET THEM.
7. Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz — All I had to see was someone say that this was a good one for fans of Will Grayson, Will Grayson…and I was GAME. It sounds really good though…even without that comparison!
8.Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard — I’ve had this on Netgalley and have yet to read it but I’m so STOKED for it. If I could do anything in the world (ANYTHING)..it would be to travel the world. I am obsessed with travelogues and travel themed novels so this one is a must read for me! THE TRAVEL BUG IS BUZZING THROUGH MY VEINS!
10. The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long — This world sounds so magical and enchanting and the cover drew me in immediately. I am excited to hear more about this one!!
Some honorable mentions coming out soon:
+ Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
+ Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
+ The Catastrophic History of You & Me by Jess Rothenberg
ALSO..I didn’t add it on this list because I already read it but FEVER by Lauren DeStefano. YOU MUST READ IT!
What books are you looking forward to? Does anyone have any 2012 adult fiction books because I realized all the books on my radar for 2012 are all Young adult! Normally I have a good amount of adult fiction books to be excited about!