Bookish Wedding Centerpieces & Other Table Decor – Wedding Wednesday

As we’ve been SLOWLY trying to figure out the colors and ideas of our general “theme” for the wedding, I’ve been lusting over some bookish centerpieces and other bookish decorations I’ve found on Pinterest and elsewhere. They make planning a book themed wedding so easy! I keep hoping that Will will come around and let me have the bookish wedding I so desire or at least let me find ways to incorporate it in. Here are some of my favorites:

Centerpieces
This would be a simple and pretty inexpensive bookish centerpiece idea by using opened books. Don’t know you’d get it to stay but I’m sure you have a whole bookshelf to experiment with. Found here.
Simple yet stunning! Found here.
I love all things garden party-ish for a wedding and this centerpiece is amazing with the candles and flowers set on top of books and the SCRABBLE tiles. They used the tiles to also designate table numbers. Found here.
Really love this one. LOVE the color scheme..as you know that I love yellow. Found here.
Love this idea of making votives using modpodged book pages (RIP, dear book). Found here.
Is this not perfection on a table? Look at table runner made with book pages, books used as part of the table decor and OH the bookish decorations that are hanging. Found here.
OTHER wedding table decorations
I LOVE this idea for escort cards to be put on the table when you come in. If you are a librarian and you are getting married, you must do this. Found here (and the wedding was at a library. SWOON)
This would be PERFECT to put on your tables at the reception! I am DEFINITELY thinking I’m going to make these for ours. Just a little infusion of my love for books. Found here!
Well, I still haven’t figured out what the heck WE are going to do for our centerpieces but I know I’m so inspired and ready to find something unique and maybe even something a little subtly bookish!
Stay tuned for next week when I show you some AMAZING alternatives to flowers using books! You guys are all going to hate me for all this book death for the sake of DIY wedding projects, aren’t you? And if you missed last week, check out some great bookish wedding readings!

Comments

1. These are all so pretty!! I especially love the escort cards – that would be such a brilliant idea.

2. Dizneeee (Lisa) says:

Oh, Jaime! I love the Scrabble tile centerpiece! That would be super cute with the wine cork place holders!

3. I saw a wedding where they gave books out as favors. I really wanted to do that but it was too cost prohibitive for me.

4. I know, right? I'm in awe of how creative people are! I just think the escort cards are so awesome!

5. Oh those wine cork place holders are cute!!

6. I saw one as well! I LOVE that idea but..yeah..that would be hard unless you went to a used book store..but even THEN..that's a few dollars per favor. I mean, if you had a small wedding maybe but yeah..I'm with you..LOVELY idea but not in the budget!

7. All of these posts make me want to dig through my wedding albums again! <3

8. As much fun as it is to compile these posts, I'm SUCKING at planning this wedding. Easy to find other people's amazing ideas lol

And your album pics must be gorg because all the ones I see on FB are AMAZING.

9. I love the centerpiece with the yellow and white flowers!! So simple, yet elegant and pretty! :)

10. Kate {The Parchment Girl} says:

I love the centerpiece with the flowers on top of the stacked books. And the books hanging from the trees are gorgeous!

11. I love all these ideas. The votive candles are my favorite. I think if I were going to do that, I would go to a used bookstore and grab random books that I know I wouldn't be interested in.

You could also make mock book covers by designing new covers for you favorite books and wrapping them around wooden blocks. I really love all the DIY personal ideas for weddings.

12. I just might make one of those book table runners for my dining room! And I love the little print hearts… so many great ideas. Have fun!

13. Jasmine Rose says:

I love the votives and the cutouts. They're so adorable! Sad that a book had to die for them, but so lovely :]

14. Andrea @ The Overstuffed Bookcase says:

These are great! I especially love the second centerpiece and the card catalog idea! Good luck and have fun with your planning! ;)

15. Christina / Book Addict says:

These are all fabulous! I especially like the fourth centerpiece down. So adorable! Can't wait to hear more about your wedding! :)

16. Christina / Book Addict says:

17. Jenna (JL @ An Avid Reader's Musings) says:

These all look really great! I especially like the Scrabble tile centerpeice.

18. lisa [the nerd] says:

I love the book pages and punch idea. SO CUTE.
    Also, anything and everything involving mason jars is a win in my book.

19. I love the votive candles and the heart-shaped confetti… more things I wish I'd done for my bookish wedding! I think I commented on a post before somewhere, but we acquired old encyclopedias, glued them shut and painted them all dark red (one of our wedding colours). Then, with gold paint pens (our second wedding colour) we designed the books into the titles of our favourite books! I had 5-6 stacked haphazardly in the centre of each table, with tealights and rose petals scattered around the table. It looked pretty amazing (if I do say so myself) and the whole process cost about $150. Plus hours and hours of work =)

20. Love these! We didn't have a book-themed wedding, per se, but we did have book centerpieces — it meant that we could get away with smaller floral centerpieces (read: cheaper!) without the tables looking sparse: http://www.entomologyofabookworm.com/2010/12/great-photo-friday-books-as.html