Monthly Rewind: January 2012

Image From January
My niece Genevieve was born!
January In One Word
BABY!!
5 Things That Happened In January:

1. My niece was born — Genevieve Grace. I am in LOVE.
2. Will and I celebrated 5 years together.
3. I found an amazing Thai place in my area! HUZZAH!
4. We met with and booked our photographer for the wedding!
5. I spent WAY too much on makeup from Sephora. More than I’ve spent on books in the past 2 months combined. BAD JAMIE IS BADDDD.

5 Songs That Were Most Popular On My Ipod This Month:

1. Someone Like You – Adele
2. Skinny Love – Bon Iver — I’ve always been obsessed with this song but I’ve become RE-OBSESSED with it recently..probably after hearing this amazing cover of Flume/Skinny Love.
3. Love Love Love – Of Monsters & Men (Little Talks is up there too!)
4. Rivers and Roads — The Head and the Heart
5. Paradise — Coldplay

Top 2 Books I Read This Month:

1. Paper Towns by John Green
2. The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner

Most Popular Review This Month

Most Popular Blog Posts Overall This Month

1. Ways To Challenge Your Bookish Self
2. Look How Pinteresting (2)
3. One Of The Most Terrifying Things In My Bookish Life

3 New Obsessions In January
1. Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds (Dark Chocolate) — THESE ARE AMAZING.
2. Tea — I’ve become a tea drinker in 2012. Any suggestions are welcome as I’m a tea newb!
3. Urban Decay Lid Primer (umm and Amazing concealer, Lorac lipstick in Babydoll and Fresh Soy cleanser…I cheated.)

2 Things I’m Looking Forward To In February

1. The Breathless Reads Tour and meeting Lauren DeStefano!
2. Working on our wedding invites!
What sort of things were noteworthy for you in January? New obsessions? Best books you read this month? Tell me! 🙂

Comments

1. Alice ♔ says:

January sure has been an amazing month for you. 😀 Great way to start off the year! I hope your little niece is doing well.

2. Jasmine Rose says:

I love the orange tea that Tazo makes. Also, someone got my husband and I red velvet chocolate tea for a wedding present and it is SO good.

3. Asheley (@BookwormAsheley) says:

Oh you're just a ball of fun. And seriously, Paper Towns. I can't get enough.

4. Asheley (@BookwormAsheley) says:

Oh! and YAY for babies! I like them too!

5. Awesome start to the new year girl!

6. wordsandpeace.com says:

I love your rewind, sounds like you had a blast in January. here is my book wrap-up for January: http://wordsandpeace.com/2012/02/02/january-wrap-up/

7. Beautiful baby! My brother's wife just found out that she is pregnant and I am so freaking excited I could die. She's not due until September but I've already started buying baby gifts.

I am a huge tea drinker! I second the Tazo suggestion, and I really like strong teas like English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast. Twinings is also a decent brand if you go through a lot of tea (like I do) and can't justify always springing for Tazo.

8. Jayla @ LadyBlueJay.com says:

I am in love with Tazo's Black Tea and I recently discovered Lemon Ginger tea.

And I haven't really done much reading in January, BUT I started A Discovery of Witches a while ago and I love it. It's really hard to put down when I pick it up.

9. Lily Child says:

Aw! What a cute little peanut! 🙂

Sounds like a busy, but wonderful month! 🙂

10. LillyReader says:

Those Emerald Almonds are amazing! I just discovered them myself. 🙂 And what an adorable little baby 🙂 Congrats on being an Auntie again!

11. Total YAY there for the new love for tea! My favorites are chai, peppermint/mint, peach, and lemon ginger is pretty good. Tazo teas are generally pretty awesome, and if you're feeling ambitious there's Celestial Seasonings. 😉

Also Genevieve is adorable, and what a cute name! Congrats! This seems like it's been a fun month for you! 🙂

-Meredith

12. I'm glad you liked Paper Towns! It's my favorite John Green book so far, but I haven't read TFiOS yet so who knows. As for tea, I don't know if you have a Teavana near you, but they have good teas. Be warned though: they are expensive and will try to trick you into buying more than you need, so go in knowing what you want! 🙂

Or you could just buy any kind of Lady Grey tea, which is absolutely delicious (and cheap).

13. Awww she's a cutie. BTW…got your book club message. If you're interested I'd be honored if you helped promote the 500 plus novelists in my community @ bloggerdise.com

Thanks,

Jesse Cohen

14. I have two favorite, favorite teas that I got from China in loose leaf form: Jasmine tea and black tea.

In america, for my on the go morning grab, I love Lipton's Mangostean (Mangosteen? i dont even know how its seplled) Green Tea. So delicious!

Great post btw. 🙂