If These Books Landed At My Doorstep..I’d Be Hardpressed Not To Play Hooky From Work!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at my other blog — The Broke and the Bookish — and is a fun meme happening each Tuesday dedicated to sharing themed top ten book lists!

I decided to change this one up on this blog post since it was my week to post Top Ten Tuesday on TB&TB and I did Top Ten Books (On My Shelf) That I’d Play Hooky With This Spring. So on here I’m going to go with:

Top Ten Books That I’d Play Hooky With If They Appeared On My Doorstep (aka books that aren’t out yet)
Seriously, I’d play hooky from work with mostly any book but if I walked outside and found these at my door step…I’d be hard pressed not to fake sick/make up some ridiculous story to get out of work and lay outside on a spring day to read! It’s heavy on the YA so I apologize to all my adult fiction readers. I’ve been slacking on keeping up with new adult releases!

1. Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John: Road trips…um YES? Aside from a real road trip, this would be the second best thing on a day playing hooky from work! Seems like it’s going to be a pretty humorous book to! (Out in April 2012)

2. Night Beach by Kirsty Eager: Simply put, I love Aussie YA and I loved Kirsty Eager’s Raw Blue so much! If this book landed here all the way from Australia, you know I’d be calling out of work with a really horrendous case of Exorcist-eque projectile vomit.(Out in April 2012)

3. The Diviners by Libba Bray: It’s Libba and somehow she combines paranormal and flappers? UM YEAH I’d stay home. Bonus points for the flappers. You all know I love my 1920’s YA — a la Vixen by Jillian Larkins. (Out in September 2012)

4. Patriot by Marie Lu: I just loved all over Legend in my recent review of Marie Lu’s debut dystopian novel! Hell would freeze over if I went about my normal life writing marketing material and thinking of new and diabolical ways to make you buy things you probably don’t need if this should so happen to appear in my mailbox. I would fight anybody who tried to make me go to work. (Out September 2012)

5. The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long: I would probably get lost staring at the cover of this novel and then I’d devour it because it sounds fascinating…and I’ll be honest..I’ve never read a faerie book! (Out August 2012)

6. The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee: Ever since I saw the summary for this I have been beyond intrigued. You can bet your bottom dollar I wouldn’t make it to work. (Out July 2012)

7. Diva by Jillian Larkin: You all know I devoured Vixen & Ingenue by Jillian Larkin…so it’s a no brainer really. Flappers > work.

8. A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young: I frexing loved A Need So Beautiful and NEED to know what happens next. THAT ENDING.

9.  The Chaperone by Lauren Moriarty: I love a good historical fiction and this one caught my eye and it’s ADULT FICTION!! (Out June 2012)

10. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller: I’ve heard amazing things so far…so yeah..I have to find out for myself!! (June 2012)

Comments

1. Kelsey@TheLostBookReports says:

I haven't heard of The Diviners and now I am really excited for it!!!

2. Carissa Taylor says:

I didn't realize Patriot was coming out so soon! I LOVED Legend!!!

3. Christina/BookTasty says:

I haven't read Legend yet but I want to! So, is Patriot a sequel? If so, I'd better get working on Legend! :)

4. Michelle says:

The Diviners is on my TBR pile! I haven't yet read read Vixen or Ingenue, but that's a series I would really like to get to.
    Great picks :)

5. Great list! New follower. Would love for you to hop on by.

6. Your list has just made my TBR pile very likely to grow. Lovely choices!

Ree @ Literary Obsession
    My TTT Post

7. Katja Weinert says:

Great list! Patriot especially :-)
    My TTT

8. Awesome list! I just added several books from your list to my wishlist!

Here's the link to my TTT….

9. Book Slave says:

Hi there, just popping in… Oh some great books here for me to add to my TBR pile, I especially like the sound of The Chaperone.

I’m also your newest follower!

:) Here is my choice…
    Top Ten Tuesday

10. Nancy Allen says:

Great list. Just added more books to my TBR list. Thanks!

Here is mine:
    Top Ten Tuesday

11. Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) says:

I should def. start the Need so beautiful series! I loved Young's Naughty list series.

you can checkout my TTT here

12. Amy @ bookgoonie says:

Fun take on the topic. Great list of upcoming books.

13. Thanks Amy! I decided I'd have to be creative doing the topic on both TBTB and here! Thanks for stopping by!

14. Never heard of her Naughty series! Will check that out. But yes…you definitely should start it. I'm not a HUGE paranormal fan (as in..I'm kinda picky about what I read in that genre) BUT I really enjoyed it!

15. THanks for stopping by!

16. Thanks for stopping by and following! Doesn't The Chaperone sound fascinating? I always love a good historical!

17. Thou Shalt Not Road Trip is by Antony John!? How did I miss that?! I loved Five Flavors of Dumb, but had no idea he had another book! Ah!

I have an ARC of Something Like Normal that I need to get to and I also heard Libba Bray speak and she was talking about that new one. ;)

Will have to try some of these ones! Great list!

18. Glad you found some new reads to pine for! Thanks for stopping by!

19. I cannot WAIIIIIT for Legend! The wait actually probably might kill me :P

20. I apologize for the rapid TBR growth I inflicted upon you :P THanks for stopping by!

21. Thanks for stopping by! Anything particular on the list stand out to you?

22. Michelle..it's a really great series if you like historical fiction..esp that set in the 20's! Hope you get to read it soon!

23. Yes! It is indeed a sequel! Legend is soo good! It got me out of a major reading slump for sure!

24. Hahaha see I was thinking OMG WHY CAN'T IT COME OUT SOONER?!? But…it really isn't THAT long I suppose. I know it will fly by for me with wedding planning and all!

25. Right?? I saw it and freaked out a little bit because it just sounds so freaking amazing!

26. Ahh! Great list. You just made my TBR list grow by ten books! Thou Shalt Not Road Trip sounds especially good. I love a good road trip and you're right reading a book about one is definitely a good second choice.

27. I need to check out Thou Shalt Not Road Trip. The Diviners sounds awesome too. Great list!

28. Jasmine Rose says:

A Want So Wicked! GAh! That ending was incredibly cruel and I'm anxious to discover what happens next!

29. Snark and Ramble says:

I am UNBELIEVABLY excited about The Diviners! I'm also really looking forward to THE UNQUIET, SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL, and THOU SHALT NOT ROAD TRIP! The to be read pile just keeps growing out of control.
    Glad to find a kindred spirit on the whole independent wealth = life of leisurely reading thing! Now, to find a way towards that wealth…

30. What great choices! And I would probably fake sick from work for most of them… Actually, I’d do that twice a month just to read if I could get away with it!