Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at my other blog — The Broke and the Bookish — and is a fun meme happening each Tuesday dedicated to sharing themed top ten book lists!
I decided to change this one up on this blog post since it was my week to post Top Ten Tuesday on TB&TB and I did Top Ten Books (On My Shelf) That I’d Play Hooky With This Spring. So on here I’m going to go with:
1. Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John: Road trips…um YES? Aside from a real road trip, this would be the second best thing on a day playing hooky from work! Seems like it’s going to be a pretty humorous book to! (Out in April 2012)
2. Night Beach by Kirsty Eager: Simply put, I love Aussie YA and I loved Kirsty Eager’s Raw Blue so much! If this book landed here all the way from Australia, you know I’d be calling out of work with a really horrendous case of Exorcist-eque projectile vomit.(Out in April 2012)
3. The Diviners by Libba Bray: It’s Libba and somehow she combines paranormal and flappers? UM YEAH I’d stay home. Bonus points for the flappers. You all know I love my 1920’s YA — a la Vixen by Jillian Larkins. (Out in September 2012)
4. Patriot by Marie Lu: I just loved all over Legend in my recent review of Marie Lu’s debut dystopian novel! Hell would freeze over if I went about my normal life writing marketing material and thinking of new and diabolical ways to make you buy things you probably don’t need if this should so happen to appear in my mailbox. I would fight anybody who tried to make me go to work. (Out September 2012)
5. The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long: I would probably get lost staring at the cover of this novel and then I’d devour it because it sounds fascinating…and I’ll be honest..I’ve never read a faerie book! (Out August 2012)
6. The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee: Ever since I saw the summary for this I have been beyond intrigued. You can bet your bottom dollar I wouldn’t make it to work. (Out July 2012)
7. Diva by Jillian Larkin: You all know I devoured Vixen & Ingenue by Jillian Larkin…so it’s a no brainer really. Flappers > work.
8. A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young: I frexing loved A Need So Beautiful and NEED to know what happens next. THAT ENDING.
9. The Chaperone by Lauren Moriarty: I love a good historical fiction and this one caught my eye and it’s ADULT FICTION!! (Out June 2012)
10. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller: I’ve heard amazing things so far…so yeah..I have to find out for myself!! (June 2012)