Top Ten Books On My Spring 2012 Must Read List

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at my other blog — The Broke and the Bookish!

I’ve been a bit of a blogging/reading slump as evidenced by the crickets on the blog lately. I attribute it mostly to the stress of wedding planning (while I’m not a Bridezilla quite yet I’m a stress basket for sure). That being said, now that the weather is here and Spring has made it’s arrival known, I’ve been beating the stress (and the reading slump) by spending some much needed time outside with a book in my hand!

So now that I think the slump has finally been lifted, I’m super excited about the books I’m planning on reading this Spring. It’s a mix of Spring 2012 releases but also books I’ve been meaning to get to!

1. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard: When I first heard of this book this past summer  I KNEW I had to read it. If you know me, you know that I’d love nothing more in my life than to just travel for an extended amount of time. I don’t like to just take vacations. I want to explore, be immersed in culture, meet and connect with people without looking at them like zoo animals as its easy to do when observing cultures, get stuck in crazy situations and just live out of a bag, dammit. I’ve been meaning to start it for forever and think it’s the PERFECT book to satiate my wanderlust on the first day of spring. YAY..that’s right..I’m starting it TODAY. Happy Spring!

2.  The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting: I almost peed my pants a little when this came in the mail. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. Definitely a sequel that will be reading while outside on a beautiful spring day!

3. Starters by Lissa Price: I’ve been so excited about this one and it’s definitely on the top of my list of dystopians to read for the Spring!

4. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen: Because dammit I need some Jane Austen this Spring. It’s been too long since I’ve settled in with her.

5. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green: I’ve been on a John Green kick lately with having recently read Paper Towns and Looking For Alaska by John Green (in addition to WGWG & Let It Snow). Simply put,  I’ve heard this is the weakest one and I want to read The Fault In Our Stars soon sooo this needs to be read first before I read that!

6. Dreamless by Josephine Angelini: I was sucked into Starcrossed last year (despite the fact I didn’t find it a perfect 5 star book) and am planning to start this ASAP!! I keep petting it. I do. The only thing is that I can barely remember what happened in Starcrossed. Somebody please remind meee!!

7. In Honor by Jessi Kirby: I freaking loved Moonglass by Jessi Kirby so I’m really super excited about Jessi Kirby’s sophomore novel. Definitely making it a priority on my Spring TBR list!

8. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford: I’ve always seen this one but recently my bff read it and told me that I MUST so I’m going to since she’s recently read books I’ve told her to read  (Between Shades of Grey to name one…and she loved it!).

9. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy: I’ve owned this book for forever and I’m really just in the mood to give it a go this spring.

10. Across the Universe by Beth Revis:  After having met the lovely Beth Revis recently, I’m super excited to finally read Across The Universe. I don’t reach much science fictiony stuff so I’m super excited to go outside of my comfort zone this Spring.

Have you read any of these? Which ones should I move up? Are there any books that aren’t on here that should be? What books are high up on your priority list to read this Spring?

Comments

1. IngridLola says:

My best friend always talks about The God of Small Things and how much she loves that book. I still haven't read it though!

2. I need to read Starters too — all this talk and good hype has me intrigued! PS: Loved ATU! Hope you do too — it's not a super JAMIE book though, but I think you'll like.

3. You have some GREAT books on your TBR list. God of Small Things is one of my all-time favourites; however, a word of warning that you should have Kleenex on hand! I was a mess at the end.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who hasn't read Across the Universe yet! It's on my spring TBR list as well. Here's my list: http://writergrrlreads.blogspot.ca/2012/03/top-ten-books-on-my-spring-tbr-list.html

4. Kelsey@TheLostBookReports says:

Basically this needs to be my reading list as well.

5. 1girl2manybooks says:

Ooh I should've added Starters to my list! I've been hearing so many amazing things about it and I'm really looking forward to finally getting my hands on it.

6. Ohh, your list has reminded me that I really need to read A Million Suns since Across the Universe was amazing! Starters sounds awesome too and the cover is so different from every other YA book! Great list :)

Kim @ The Paper Planes

7. Book Slave says:

Hi there, just popping in… I really want to read "Across the Universe" it sounds intriguing.

:) Here is my choice…

Top Ten Tuesday

8. Just popping in! I haven't got Across the Universe on my list, but it's sat waiting for me in my Amazon Wishlist!

Great list!

Tara @ Hey, Tara

9. A Backwards Story says:

ATU was outside my comfort zone as well, but I did enjoy it :) I was SO MAD I had to work that day and couldn't go!!!

Really? AAOK is weakest? I was planning to read WGWG & PT first because they hadn't received the Printz Honor/Award the way AAOK and LFA had. I want to read FIOS last as well!!

Ah, STARTERS, yes, me too!

10. Marmaladelibby (aka Ange) says:

Across the Universe sounds SO good! Heidi @yabibliophile would squeeze u if she knew u were working your way through John Green books! She ADORES him and everything he does! Have you watched any of the crazy videos he and his brother do back and forth to each other online? They are usually hilarious and fascinating. Starters looks SO good and is one of our features on Book Trailer Thursday this week! Here's our Top 10 this week! Happy Reading!

11. April (BooksandWine) says:

I liked The God Of Small Things back when I read it in college. It's really good.

ALSO I thought An Abundance Of Katherines was really good!!

Starters is intense and thrilling and awesome.

And Wanderlove, that's a Jamie book hardcore.

12. I can't wait to see what you think of Wanderlove…who am I kidding? You're going to love it! I'm also super excited about Starters and In Honor!
    My Top Ten Tuesday

13. Tanya Patrice says:

I really liked Across the Universe so I hope you get to it soon :-)

14. fakesteph says:

An Abundance of Katherines and Across the Universe are both on my list, too. And Starters was super creepy in a good way!

15. Christina (Booktasty) says:

Ok so Mansfield Park is my least favorite Auten but it's still good. Sigh, I wish she had written more books! Also, I started reading An Abundance of Katherines, but couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll have to try it again :) I hope you get to read everything on your list!

16. Karis Jacobstein says:

Great list! Across the Universe is one of my favorite books, and A Million Suns is amazing as well. If you can, get the audio of ATU. Amy is read by Lauren Ambrose, and it is one of the most brilliantly done audiobooks ever. I loved it! I have Wanderlove and Starters and not enough hours in the day! Happy Reading!

Check out YA Litwit's Top Ten Spring TBR Books and my GIVEAWAY of a SIGNED HC of Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver!

17. Jessie Marie says:

I totally agree with the majority of your list, mainly Wanderlove and Across the Universe. : )

Sounds like a great spring to me!

You're going to LOVE In Honor :) also, Wanderlove is a total Jamie book! It's so, so good. I have Across the Universe to read as well.

19. Lacey @ Anthology of a Girl says:

Just put three of those on my to-read list! Thanks for the great list.

20. barefootmeds says:

I haven't read ANY of those, but they do sound super!

21. Jennifer says:

Across the Universe is amazing! I'm not into sci-fi usually, but I loved it. An Abundance of Katherines was my first John Green so it has a special place in my heart…love the math scattered throughout. Wanderlove and Starters are now on my wishlist.

Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

22. Marybeth P. says:

Dreamless, In Honor, and the Last Echo are also on my list. Can't wait!

-Marybeth P.

23. Magan @ Rather Be Reading says:

I vote you read In Honor and Wanderlove soon. Those two are just so good. Wanderlove was a book I COULD NOT PUT DOWN. I liked Like Mandarin okay, but Wanderlove was AWESOME. :) Great list, Jamie! :) xoxo

24. Vyki @ On The Shelf says:

Great sounding list! I really want to read Starters, I may have it for my summer TBR :) Here's mine: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/top-ten-tuesday-10/

25. Melissa (Avid Reader) says:

Ha, I put Austen on my list too for the exact same reason. I need some Austen this spring! Good luck with God of Small Things. I read it last year and it just didn't work for me.

26. Mel - Thedailyprophecy. says:

I need to read some Austen & Dreamless too. Nice list!

Mine:

27. The God of Small Things is so good! I wasn't expecting to be that into it, but it really sucked me in! Hope you enjoy your spring reading :)

28. Colin Smith says:

I almost put WANDERLOVE on my top ten, but there are so many books I want to get to, I don't know that realistically I'll get to it before the Summer. I'll be doing well if I get to all my top ten before Summer! I have LOOKING FOR ALASKA on my list. I enjoyed KATHERINES. ACROSS THE UNIVERSE looks like another good read that could have made my list. So many books, so little time! :)

29. I just read Across The Universe. I would definitely move that to the top of the list.

30. LWSpotts says:

I have The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet on my TBR list as well…in fact, it's been there for a couple of years. Sounds like I need to make a point to read it.

Here's my list: http://bookishnerd.com/2012/03/20/its-spring-and-heres-what-i-want-to-read/

31. StoryLoverX says:

Half of these books have been on my TBR List for a while now. The God of Small Things and An Abundance of Katherines have been sitting on my shelf for two years. I'll probably put them in my summer TBR pile.

32. Kailia Sage says:

You have an excellent array of books for this spring! I mean, Green, Austen, Revis!

33. Jasmine Rose says:

I still haven't read Across the Universe yet, but I really want to soon. Starters made my list today too :D

WANDERLOVE!!!!! READ THAT SHIT!

35. Lily Child says:

Great list! :)

36. Kate @ Musings says:

I really enjoyed 'Across the Universe' and devoured 'A Million Suns' – and now impatiently waiting to see what happens next!

I just might be reading "Mansfield Park" about the same time, as it is the last Jane Austen I haven't read yet!

Good luck with your list!

37. I am pretty excited about reading Across the Universe. The cover is GORGEOUS and Beth Revis is so funny in person, so I really should get started on that!