I’ve been a bit of a blogging/reading slump as evidenced by the crickets on the blog lately. I attribute it mostly to the stress of wedding planning (while I’m not a Bridezilla quite yet I’m a stress basket for sure). That being said, now that the weather is here and Spring has made it’s arrival known, I’ve been beating the stress (and the reading slump) by spending some much needed time outside with a book in my hand!
So now that I think the slump has finally been lifted, I’m super excited about the books I’m planning on reading this Spring. It’s a mix of Spring 2012 releases but also books I’ve been meaning to get to!
1. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard: When I first heard of this book this past summer I KNEW I had to read it. If you know me, you know that I’d love nothing more in my life than to just travel for an extended amount of time. I don’t like to just take vacations. I want to explore, be immersed in culture, meet and connect with people without looking at them like zoo animals as its easy to do when observing cultures, get stuck in crazy situations and just live out of a bag, dammit. I’ve been meaning to start it for forever and think it’s the PERFECT book to satiate my wanderlust on the first day of spring. YAY..that’s right..I’m starting it TODAY. Happy Spring!
2. The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting: I almost peed my pants a little when this came in the mail. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. Definitely a sequel that will be reading while outside on a beautiful spring day!
3. Starters by Lissa Price: I’ve been so excited about this one and it’s definitely on the top of my list of dystopians to read for the Spring!
4. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen: Because dammit I need some Jane Austen this Spring. It’s been too long since I’ve settled in with her.
5. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green: I’ve been on a John Green kick lately with having recently read Paper Towns and Looking For Alaska by John Green (in addition to WGWG & Let It Snow). Simply put, I’ve heard this is the weakest one and I want to read The Fault In Our Stars soon sooo this needs to be read first before I read that!
6. Dreamless by Josephine Angelini: I was sucked into Starcrossed last year (despite the fact I didn’t find it a perfect 5 star book) and am planning to start this ASAP!! I keep petting it. I do. The only thing is that I can barely remember what happened in Starcrossed. Somebody please remind meee!!
7. In Honor by Jessi Kirby: I freaking loved Moonglass by Jessi Kirby so I’m really super excited about Jessi Kirby’s sophomore novel. Definitely making it a priority on my Spring TBR list!
8. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford: I’ve always seen this one but recently my bff read it and told me that I MUST so I’m going to since she’s recently read books I’ve told her to read (Between Shades of Grey to name one…and she loved it!).
9. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy: I’ve owned this book for forever and I’m really just in the mood to give it a go this spring.
10. Across the Universe by Beth Revis: After having met the lovely Beth Revis recently, I’m super excited to finally read Across The Universe. I don’t reach much science fictiony stuff so I’m super excited to go outside of my comfort zone this Spring.
Have you read any of these? Which ones should I move up? Are there any books that aren’t on here that should be? What books are high up on your priority list to read this Spring?