This is with the assumption they will do the books justice! 😛 I only picked 8 because I only really felt REALLY strongly and could picture these so much in my head!
1.Legend by Marie Lu — Any film producer who could mess this up is an idiot. If done right, this could be incredible. The whole June and Day cat and mouse game, the worldbuilding that would translate well, all the action..AH.
2. Take A Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg — I actually see this as more of a tv show that follows these characters through school. A Glee meets Smash meets all the teen dramas we love.
3. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty — I could see this, despite not having read the rest of the series, being a great tv show. I’d be down with a little Jessica Darling each week for sure. She’d be that snarky, awesomely smart character I always love!
4. Losing Clementine by Ashley Ream — I have this thing for really offbeat movies and I think this could be really great if done well. Definitely an indie flick with unknown cast. I can see it so well. It’s dark and could translate really well into film.
5. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater — I need to do a re-reading of this book because I wasn’t as in LOVE with it as others but mostly it seemed like I just was in the mood for something lighter. I feel that I didn’t enjoy it because of stress..I’m telling you…sometimes it REALLY isn’t the book…it’s me. Anywho, I could see this SO vividly as being a movie. Some of the scenes she described…ahhhh.
6. Ten Things We Did And Shouldn’t Have by Sarah Mylnowski – This would be suuuuch a fun summer movie!!
7. The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting — I see this as a tv show that’s a cross between Veronica Mars & Medium.
8. Eve by Anna Carey: I haven’t reviewed this (but will soon as I just finished it) yet but I honestly could see it being a very interesting movie. I could picture the havoc of 98% of the population being wiped out and how things would look after that. There would be good action & tension for sure.
Do you agree or disagree with my picks? What are some of yours? What, in your mind, makes a good book to movie transition?