If you read my “Series Suck..Or Is It Just Me” post I tackled this topic about starting series and not finishing them. I have since added more books to my list since then! Some are STILL on this list. Boo. I stink. For this list I stuck with series that have all the books out now rather than series that aren’t complete yet.
Series That Are Complete That I Haven’t Yet Finished!
1. The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty: WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?? I LOVE this series (seriously — fave series status already at book 2) but when I finished Sloppy Firsts & Second Helpings I found out that SOMEHOW I owned all books but book #3. Since then I’ve just not gotten around to buying the next book! I loaned book 1 & 2 to my little sister and she texted me her LOVE for the series and reminded me I need to finish this series!!
2. The Summer series by Jenny Han: I just reviewed The Summer I Turned Pretty yesterday and I am really happy I finally got around to this series! Now I’ve just got to finish it sooner rather than later…because I am the worst at starting and not finishing them!
3. Nightshade series by Andrea Cremer: I finally read Nightshade this year and I enjoyed it — mostly because of the interesting world building — not so much about the romance unlike everyone else. BUT I still want to continue on with this series because it was interesting. I feel like I haven’t just because paranormal is never what I pick up first when I look at all my books! PLUS I’m excited to read the prequel — RIFT!!
4. The Stork series by Wendy Delsol: In my Reconsider or Release feature I mentioned that I just couldn’t finish this on audio even though I was ALMOST done with it. I really thought I would like this based on other friend’s recommendations but sadly I didn’t and I just doubt I am going to ever finish it despite the fact I am kind of interested in what happened in the other two books.
5. The Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready: I LOVE this series after Jen of Makeshift Bookmark raved about it and sent it to me so that I could FINALLY experience it for myself! You all know that I’m really picky with my paranormal and I LOVED Shade!! I just need to get on it and finish this one!
6. The Flappers series by Jillian Larkin: I really enjoyed Vixen and Ingenue! Totally satiated my historical fiction fix plus it’s set in the 1920′s and has no lack of flappers, gangsters, guns and romance! I have the final book, Diva, sitting on my shelf and I just need to be in the mood for some historical fiction and then I’ll complete this series!
8. The Giver series by Lois Lowry: Ok, as a young reader I reread this book AT LEAST 10 times. No exaggeration there. And then until I started blogging in June 2010 I had NO IDEA that this was a series. I just didn’t know. I didn’t have Goodreads back then to tell me this valuable information or the google machine. I just DIDN’T KNOW. I’m unsure of whether or not I’m going to finish it but DAMN I loved The Giver.
9. Percy Jackson & The Olympians series by Rick Riordan: I think this series is really great. I finished the first two books but is it weird that I just don’t really care to finish it? It’s middle grade and I don’t really do a lot of MG personally. I think I have read enough to recommend it to younger readers but I just don’t want to finish it. I actually made a blogger friend (Alexa from Alexa Loves Books) just tell me everything that happens in the rest of the books because I don’t plan on picking it back up.
10. The Millennium series by Stieg Larssen: I enjoyed The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. It was thrilling but I don’t know..it’s been like 4 years since I read it so I don’t know if I really care to finish it anymore. Should I?? Is it worth it??
This doesn’t even count all the series that AREN’T finished yet that I still need to finish a book two or something! WAY.TOO.MANY.SERIES. Have you read any of these series in full??