This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic (hosted over at my other blog The Broke and the Bookish) is all about our most anticipated 2013 releases!
This one KILLED ME. KILLED. I just kept going…BUT THIS ONE…BUT THIS ONE TOO..BUT BUT BUT…ALLL OF THE BOOKS. Check out my Catalog Creepin’ posts to see more of my anticipated 2013 book releases (both YA and adult).
1. Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown (Out May 2013): This one looks SO good & relevant giving all the problems teens face with sexting sorts of scandals. It sounds excellent & I love the promise of some romance and a nice guy!
2. Out Of The Easy by Ruta Sepytus (Out February 2013): You all know my absolutely love for Between Shades Of Grey by Ruta Sepytus so naturally I have been absolutely dying for this one and I cried when it showed up on my doorstep. I love historical fiction and, I know if anybody can deliver for me in 2013, it’s Ruta Sepytus! This one is set in New Orleans in the 1950’s — SO excited!
3. Golden by Jessi Kirby (Out May 2013): No secret here that I love Jessi Kirby (author of Moonglass & In Honor which I’ve read & reviewed here). Obviously this is on here! I’ll be reading anything she puts out as she is a spectacular voice in the contemporary YA world!
4. Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza (Out March 2013): This looks like a fascinating sci-fi book that I HOPE will make up for a lackluster one I read this year dealing with similar themes! I am hoping and praying to the book gods that this is a really fabulous because I’m building it up so much in my head! Hoping to start this one soon!
5. Pivot Point by Kasie West (Out February 2013): From the description it seems like a paranormal-y, time travel/sliding doors kind of story so I’m pretty excited. ALSO I saw someone tweet about it and apparently it’s a good KISSING BOOK. Woo! Even better.
6. Invisibility by Andrea Cremer & David Levithan (Out May 2013): UM YEAH. I am obsessed with David Levithan (did you read my review for Every Day?) and I really enjoyed Nightshade by Andrea Cremer so naturally this is HIGH up on my list because David Levithan has never failed me with any of his collab works!
7. The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr (Out May 2013): I’m a newfound Sara Zarr fangirl after reading Sweethearts by Sara Zarr & I love books dealing with talented MC’s (especially of the musical variety). This looks EXCELLENT!
8. Isla & The Happily After by (the one & ONLY) Stephanie Perkins (supposedly May 2013): OMG OMG OMG OMG! Hello, I’m Jamie and I’m the self appointed, off the wall Stephanie Perkins fan club Prezzie who will be knocking down the door of my local bookstore when this comes out. Read my reviews of Anna and the French Kiss & Lola and the Boy Next Door and you will see some of the only times I fangirl like an absolute loon. If I made an order to this list, other than what images came up first on my computer, this would be numero UNO.
9. Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting (Book #4 in The Body Finder series — Out April 2013): This series is so addicting if you like supernatural mysteries. The Last Echo (the last book) was the BEST yet so I have high hopes considering where the ending is taking us in this one! WOO!
10. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi (Out February 2013 — book #2 in series): I just recently read Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi so luckily I didn’t have to wait as long as others who read it long ago! THANK GOD! I’m planning on reading it this month but I’m so NERVOUS and EXCITED and MUST PREPARE MYSELF FOR FEELINGS.
11. Prodigy by Marie Lu (Out January 2013 — book #2 in series): I stinking LOVED Legend by Marie Lu! It’s such a great dystopian book and one that I have recommended countless times for people looking for something fast paced and page-turning but with an interesting society! My teen nephews DEVOURED this one as well. They are going to kill me if I don’t hurry up and read Prodigy and pass it on to them soon!
Books I’ve Already Read (Or Am Currently Reading) That Would Have Made My Most Anticipated 2013 YA Reads List
— The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shephard (Currently reading this one now! Holla for historical fiction!)
— Just One Day by Gayle Forman ( SO AMAZING. I can’t even. Look out for my review this week! One of my fave books I read this year! ALSO, Just One Year comes out in 2013 too!)
— Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook (Was interesting & kept my attention for sure. Not my fave but certainly not bad by any means).
— Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi (book 2 of Under the Never Sky trilogy — OMG! SO GOOD. I was scared of the second book syndrome but ALAS…Veronica Rossi nailed this one!)
– Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans (I read this one immediately upon receiving it at the S&S blogger preview party at BEA and it was one of the most unique “after-life” sort of stories I’ve read!)
AHHH I’m already thinking of some majorly awesome books that aren’t on this list but ALAS…this was so hard and I gave it my best! So TELL ME..are any of these on YOUR list? Which books are YOU excited for that aren’t on my list? Any series books that have new books coming out that I may have not picked up the first one??