Today’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted at my other blog The Broke & the Bookish, prompt is:
Top Ten Books I Read In 2012
Obviously this topic is SOOO incredibly hard. I mean, let’s be honest. Narrow down all the fabulous books I read to JUST TEN??! WHAT! But I tried. You can also check out my top ten favorite new-to-me authors of 2012 or my answers to my 2012 End of Year Book Survey wherein you’ll get a bigger picture of my year in books!
In no particular order:
1. Just One Day by Gayle Forman: Ok, so I know this is a 2013 release but it honestly was one of the best I read! (my review of Just One Day)
2. Under The Never Sky (& Through The Ever Night) by Veronica Rossi: Ok so I really LIKED Under the Never Sky — it was exciting, intriguing and had great characters. I read that at the beginning of the year and then this Fall I got the chance to read Through The Ever Night and OHIOHWOGPIHW it is so good. SO SO SO GOOD. I can’t even. Get on that when it comes out early 2013! (my review of Under the Never Sky)
3. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson: This book was one of the most beautiful books I read this year! I had so many quotes that I grabbed from this one and put in my quote notebook. Such a beautiful & poignant story of grief and moving forward. (my review of The Sky Is Everywhere)
4. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard: This was just such a fun contemporary that just both satiated AND stirred up the travel bug that is oh so present in my life. Loved everything about this book! (review of Wanderlove)
5. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: Holy page turner — I stayed up until 4am to read this one because WHAT IF I DIED IN MY SLEEP AND NEVER KNEW WHAT HAPPENED?? The action was palpable and I just luuuurved this. (my review of Shatter Me)
6. For Darkness Shows The Stars by Diana Peterfreund: This book was sooo unique and I just was easily transported to this world! A definite surprise for me because I didn’t expect to love this one so much because I really didn’t know much about it! WIN! (my review of For Darkness Shows The Stars)
7. Every Day by David Levithan: Oh David. Your solo novels I’ve read so far have just blown me away (totes love your collabs as well). This book was easily one of the most memorable and wonderful. It was just so different and moved me in a way I didn’t expect! (my review of Every Day)
8. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lyn Anderson: One of my most favorite retellings ever! This book SHREDDED MY HEART at the end. It does start off a little slow but I had this slow burn love for this story and by the end I was just wrecked! Would have never ever thought a Peter Pan retelling would make me cry! ALL OF THE FEELS. (my review of Tiger Lily)
9. Looking For Alaska/Paper Towns by John Green: Let’s just call this The Year I Finally Read John Green’s solo stuff. TOOK LONG ENOUGH?! I just can’t get enough of him and his writing and how I always THINK THINK THINK after I read his books. Always a million quotes from his books. (review of Looking For Alaska and Paper Towns)
10. The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith: This was one of my most recent reads and well that’s what I get for already making my End of Year Book survey post because this needs to get added!! However, I have not read a book since. Partly because this book is so good and partly because I really slow down during this time. ALL OF THE SWOON in this book! (my review of The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight)
Honorable Mentions: Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway (hilarious), The Girl of Fire & Thorns (YAY for Jamie getting into fantasy!), The Summer I Turned Pretty (LOVED this story & need to read the rest), Legend by Marie Lu (very page-turning dystopian)
Have you read any of these ones? Were any of these your faves or did you have different feelings? Tell me a few of your faves from this year that you think I would love and should read SOOOON!!