So I have this friend name Carla. You might know her from her previous blog, The Crooked Shelf, or as Jen’s co-blogger over at Makeshift Bookmark.
Anna, Carla & I
Two years ago at BEA Anna, Carla & I were exhausted & found somewhere to sit down and rest our feet while we waited to meet up with other bloggers. We talked books and then Carla wrote me a list of books I MUST read (mostly because she was shocked that I hadn’t read some YA contemp staples — hey I’m a relatively new YA groupie). I had lost the list but had remembered a few of the titles and have been working on them since then. BUT RECENTLY I have found the list in a random notebook!
So while other people might be reading from the “1001 Best Books To Read Before You Die” or some other book list out there — I’m reading & checking off this list from Carla! It’s crazy how I’ve adored & loved every book I’ve read off her list so naturally I’m even more excited to tackle the rest of them now that I have found the rest! Carla is definitely one of my go-to people in terms of book recommendations because I’ve realized we have pretty similar tastes for the most part! So if Carla raves about a book, I’m DEFINITELY adding it to my TBR list. I have a few other bloggers friends like that whose recommendations I trust implicitly and Carla is for sure at the top of the list!
Books I’ve Read From The List:
– Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
– Not That Kind Of Girl by Siobhan Vivian
– The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
– Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
– The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks (review to come!)
– Jessica Darling series (Sloppy Firsts, Second Helpings)
Books To Still Read:
–How To Say Goodbye In Robot by Natalie Standiford
– Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
– How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
– Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales
– You by Charles Benoit
– Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers (and all her other books)
– Secret Society Girl
– The Ruby Oliver series
– Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
– anything ever written by C.K Kelly Martin
I’d highly recommend if you love a lot of the books on her list, read the others!
So, more importantly, let’s talk!
Have you read any of these books on this list? Which ones should I move up in priority? Do you have anybody whose recommendations you ALWAYS trust? Are there any book lists you have read off of? If you were to write me a list of some of your MUST reads/all time favorites for me what would be on the top of it?