I had planned to be all on top of things and productive in the days leading up to Christmas so that I would have posted this for Top Ten Tuesday (hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish) BUUUUUT things happen and that wasn’t one of them. So I bring this Top Ten Tuesday freebie to you on WEDNESDAY!
1. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein: This was pretty much on EVERYBODY’s best list for the End of Year book survey sooo I’m bumping it up on priority PLUS I’m reading it in January for Forever YA’s book club pick with the NEW Philly burbs chapter of the FYA book club. I don’t know how this one didn’t really get on my radar until everyone kept raving about it this year considering I love historical fiction. Hopefully I love this like everyone else did! PSH and I went to go buy this one on Christmas Eve and it was SOLD OUT.
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer: Another pick that EVERYONE seems to have on their best of 2012 book lists AND the sequel was on everyone’s 2013 most anticipated reads list so I’m on it! I honestly had heard of this one before it came out but I didn’t think it would be my thing but I could be wrong!
3. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand: I’m long overdue to start this series but I got picked to be the Epic Read’s newbie for this series for their End Is Near program they are doing for book series that are finishing up. You should come chat with me there about the series OR read it with me! Please please please so I have other people who haven’t read it to talk to!! There’s also some other great series they are doing this for too so check it out if this one doesn’t suit your fancy!
4. The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily Danforth: I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about this book and the lovely Epic Reads fairies gifted it to me because they loved it so much! Cannot wait for an excellent contemporary!
5. Love & Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo: I’m currently reading Laura Buzo’s book Holier Than Thou and starting to get into it now around page 80 but I’ve heard great things about Love & Other Perishable Items so I’m going to aim to read this around Valentine’s Day.
6. When You Were Here by Daisy Whitney: I AM SO EXCITED TO READ THIS! I am borrowing this one and nearly died when I actually had it in my hands. It was a pick for my Catalog Creepin post and one of the ones I’m most excited for! When my friend Heidi sent me this she also included a package of tissues. PREPARING MYSELF NOW!
7. Out Of The Easy by Ruta Sepytus: One of my most anticipated reads for 2013! I meant to start it as soon as it arrived but I have the book attention span of a gnat so I got distracted by some other new arrival I’m sure.
8. Requiem by Lauren Oliver: EEEEE. Remember when I nearly peed my pants when this showed up? Yeah, I’m going to start this soon but I’m SO SO SO SOOO nervous for the end of this trilogy!
9. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi: Oh dear how I loved Shatter Me so I’m excited that I won this from Epic Reads! I’m extremely nervous because I have been seeing lots of Warner Love after people have read this one and I just did NOT get any warm and fuzzies from him in Shatter Me!
10. Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza: Another one of my most anticipated teen books of 2013! It sounds so different and like a really promising page turner!
Those are the ones that are my MUST GET TO BOOKS for this season. Which ones of these are books you have read? Which ones are on YOUR tbr list for this Winter? Let me know what you think!