Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish
This week’s topic:
Top Ten 2013 YA Debut Books I’m Looking Forward To!
1. Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza: I plan on starting this soon but it sounds like an amazing science fiction novel about a girl who find out she’s not actually human but an experiment of artificial intelligence. (Add To Goodreads | Pre-Order)
2. The Rules For Disappearing by Ashley Elston: This was one of my Catalog Creepin’ picks for Disney Hyperion and I’m excited because I’ve always been fascinated by the idea of the Witness Protection program and the MC’s family has been placed in it and she has no idea as to the reason why. (Add To Goodreads | Pre-Order)
3. Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland: I love a good beach read and this is one of my #1’s for summer 2013! Set during the summer the MC, Cricket, experiences a tragedy that changes her life and has her working instead of having the perfect summer she’s imagined. She never expected that she’d fall in love either with someone she isn’t supposed to. (Add To Goodreads | Pre-Order)
4. The Ward by Jordana Frankel: I can’t but help being excited about post-apocalyptic sorts of books and this debut looks so thrilling that I did a happy dance when it showed up in my mailbox this week. The premise is that Manhattan is underwater and people are becoming ill because of pollution. The MC accepts an offer from the government to go in search of a freshwater source and learns the situation in the Ward may not be exactly how it seems. (Add To Goodreads | Pre-Order)
5. The Ruining by Anna Collomore: I love a good psychological thriller and this seems intense and mysterious! (Add To Goodreads | Pre-Order)
6. How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski: I have been pining for this book every since I saw it! I think my initial thought was “I wish I had the balls to set an ex’s car on fire” but this book seriously looks like an awesome contemp! And UM a road trip? Total win if you know me! (Add To Goodreads | Pre-Order)
7. The Theory of Everything by Kari Luna: This cover drew me in initially and then I read the synopsis and was sold. It honestly just seems so whimsical and quirky and why it definitely was a book I picked out as I creeped the Penguin 2013 Spring/Summer Catalog. (Add To Goodreads | Pre-Order)
8. Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith: I am not normally a gal swayed by author blurbs on a book but when I saw this blurbed by Gayle Forman in the HarperTeen Spring/Summer 2013 catalog I knew this book had to be mine. So excited to read this one! And I love the cover! (Add To Goodreads | Pre-Order)
9. Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley: When I originally saw the cover for this I though it was paranormal so I was pleasantly surprised when I found it was contemporary psychological mystery. It sounds like an intense page-turner! (Add To Goodreads | Pre-Order)
10. The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher: Though I was not bullied in high school, I find myself drawn to books that delve into bullying to some degree because of what a sad reality it is these days. In this novel, the main character’s best friend gets bullied, her reputation is tarnished and then she commits suicide. The MC then feels like she owes it to her friend to find out just who hurt her enough to make her not want to live. (Add To Goodreads | Pre-Order)
Bonus Titles (Because I hate limiting this to ten):
So tell me…are you excited about any of these 2013 debuts? Have you read any of them? Which ones aren’t on my list but you think I might like/should check out?