Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish
This week’s topic: Top Ten Favorite Romances in Books
As I was going through my fave romances I’ve realized there are A LOT of romances that I love for very different reasons! Some are obvious but some might not be so check out my reasoning below!
1. Aria & Perry from Veronica Rossi’s Under the Never Sky series: Veronica Rossi does a remarkable job, especially in the dystopian genre, of building this amazing romance without sacrificing the story and making the romance be the WHOLE story. Aria & Perry’s romance is such a slow build and grows so much and I appreciate that. They’ve got a lot against them but they are the best! (Review of Under the Never Sky )
2. Travis & Harper from Trish Doller’s Something Like Normal: Ah this one is so great! Sometimes you want to punch Travis but I love how patient Harper is but she lets him have it! I loved watching their relationship develop and how they cared so much about each other and they let each other in to the darker corners of their life. Love a relationship that starts with some substance and this one is just beautiful. (Review of Something Like Normal)
3. Elizabeth & Darcy from Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice: Need I explain? One of the first books I ever read where I swooned like crazy over two fictional characters and their relationship.
4. Jessica Darling & Marcus Flutie from Megan McCafferty’s Jessica Darling series: I don’t think their relationship is super swoony from the start but I loved that spark in book one and I love that they have to really battle and fight for their love to work as they grow up and grow into their relationship. A relationship that goes from high school through college and beyond goes through so many struggles and changes and I loved this relationship at the core — though you’ll find yourself wanting to murder them both at times! (Review of Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty)
5. Eva & Sean from Sangu Mandanna’s The Lost Girl: Oh this book. My heart. Eva and Sean’s relationship is an example of one of those forbidden romances but I don’t want to say a lot about it and the outcome but OMG I LOVE THEM. (Review of The Lost Girl)
6. Clara & Tucker from Cynthia Hand’s Unearthly series: Oh how I love this relationship even though it’s involved in (the best) love triangle ever. Their relationship is just so sweet as it progresses and I loved the little moments between them. It’s heartbreaking at times though. For real. (Review of Unearthly)
7. Anna & St. Clair from Stephanie Perkins’ Anna and the French Kiss: This one is so hard because their relationship truly starts off in a way I don’t like but I couldn’t help love the two of them together before they got together. I love though the reality that sometimes you make mistakes and do stupid things but love can prevail. And I loved watching it blossom through the streets of Paris. (Review of Anna and the French Kiss)
8. Lola & Cricket from Stephanie Perkins’ Lola & the Boy Next Door: I love the whole childhood friends turned lovers thing! I do! Plus Cricket is just the sweetest. But I love how people and grow and change through the years and then find their way back to each other. (review of Lola and the Boy Next Door)
9. Mia & Adam in Gayle Forman’s If I Stay & Where She Went: OH THESE BOOKS. THIS RELATIONSHIP. Shows the beauty in how love can persevere even in the most difficult of circumstances. (Review of If I Stay)
10. Hadley & Oliver from Jennifer E. Smith’s The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight: I debated putting this on here but here it is. Really this relationship is just in that very beginning stage so you don’t get to see much progression. It was just this really cute glimpse of the first spark in a relationship. I loved that! (review of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight)
So tell me…what are some of your favorite romances in books? Do you agree with mine? Disagree with any?