So if you read my bookish resolution post at the beginning of this year I have officially completed #8 on that list — starting a book club!! I’ve semi-culled my owned books (#5 on the list) but I can’t quite say I’ve completed it yet so this is my OFFICIAL resolution/goal I’ve accomplished! Pop some bottles, y’all!
We’ve had two book club meetings and several “extra-curricular” book club meetups — went to the movie tavern and two Gayle Forman events! We text all the time. It’s official you guys: I LOVE MY BOOK CLUB AND IT WAS THE BEST THING I’VE EVER DONE TO START ONE.
Seeeee..aren’t we adorable and fun and the coolest book club ever and make you want to join?? 🙂
I checked out the Forever YA book club list and looked for my area. I could have done the Philly one but to get to actual downtown would be hard in the evenings so I emailed and asked if anybody had also emailed them around my area (I gave a few bigger towns/areas that people might have given) and they emailed back and said YES one person (the awesome Book Rock Betty) had emailed in my area about starting a book club. And with that…book club was born..because remember it only takes two to start one! I tweeted and posted about and then Ellie and Katie contacted me about book club and then we were born! Our first meeting was awesome and we immediately clicked!
Want a book club of your own?
* Check Forever YA’s website and see if there is one in your area!
* Check your local bookstore to see if they have any book clubs. Ask if you can start one that meets there or at least see if they would be willing to advertise yours!
* Check your local library. No book club? Ask if you can start one/advertise yours somewhere!
* Put out the feelers on Facebook to see if any of your friends are interested and tell them to ask a friend! Ask work friends!
* Grab a bunch of your friends (even if they don’t like to read) and bribe them into joining book club with lots of wine and treats!
* If you are a blogger, write a little post or tweet it! I totally didn’t know Ellie and Katie were around my area and even read my blog! You never know!
1) Do YOU have a book club? Tell me about it — how long have you been a part of one? How did you start it/find out about it? How many members? If you don’t have a book club, are you wanting to start one or find out? Any tips for getting a book club started?
2) Have you completed any of YOUR book resolutions/goals for the year? Are you currently working on one? What is the hardest one to tackle? Tell me so I can cheer you on!