Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish
This week’s topic: Top Ten –Errr TWELVE– Books I HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread
I could have very well just taken a picture of all of my bookshelves and been done because YEAH I have a lot of books that sit unread on my shelves because obviously I had to have them. BUT I picked the ones I remember pre-ordering or RUSHING to the store or making a big stink about more than the others. This was kind of fun to make me remember some of the books I’m dying to read but have gotten pushed aside.
1. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater: I bought this as soon as I started blogging because everyone RAVED about this series and knew this was one of those series that I MUST READ NOW. It’s still unread…by me. My sister borrowed it and loved it!
2. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green: You know I’m obsessed with John Green’s books and just him in general so I pre-ordered this one OBVIOUSLY because that’s what you do with your fave authors. Well, I’m too scaredypants to read it so here it sits. Books with cancer always bring up a lot for me obviously, even though I love reading them, so I always have to be in the RIGHT state of mind.
3. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma: This one was pretty buzzed early on and then I saw some good reviews for it and meant to buy it. I was in DC at a used bookstore and saw it there –one of the only newer YA books I saw– and I HAD to have it. I only had a credit card and there was a minimum purchase so Will had to go find an ATM machine because I HAD to have it….let’s not remind him that I didn’t read it yet.
4. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: This one was on my list last week for the books on my Spring TBR so I’ll be getting to this one soon especially since everyone says it’s a ME book. But it was one of those books that was on every favorites lists so I had to get it…but I fail apparently. I think I’m so intimidated by it because everyone raves.
5. Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer: I don’t know about you but I’m the sort of person who buys ANYTHING my favorite authors put out — no matter the subject. Jonathan is an auto-buy author for me so I bought this and cannot bring myself to read it because I’m afraid that I’lll stop eating meat and DAMMIT I LOVE CHEESEBURGERS and CHICKEN. I’ve cut down my meat consumption but I’m terrified that this is going to gross me out forever. Although, I DID watch Super Size Me and still crave cheeseburgers and fries. Sooo who knows.
6. The Lost Girls: I’m obsessed with travelogues as you might well know. So naturally when I heard about this one I made Will take me to my bookstore to get it. I couldn’t be bothered to wait for it to ship. YEP…still unread. It was like THE travelogue I HAD to have.
7. Vaclav & Lena by Haley Tanner: So remember the sad days when Borders was closing? I saw this puppy for 30% off and I reallyyy wanted it so I made Will and I stand in the long line just for this book because I HAD TO HAVE IT. Are we sensing a theme with my stories in which I torture poor Will. I’m lucky we made it to the alter haha.
8.Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen: This series and Vixen came out around the same time and I’m so obsessed with flappers and the 1920’s so I pre-ordered them both but picked up Vixen first.
9. Across the Universe by Beth Revis: This was THE hot book that was being buzzed before it came out. I pre-ordered it and even got really stabby when it didn’t show up that exact day. I don’t know why I never picked it up as soon as it finally arrived.
10. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly: Jennifer Donnelly had her release party near me and I had heard good things about this historical fiction novel so naturally I got out of work early to go to this and purchased the book. I had to finish my current read and then I was going to pick it up.
BONUS BECAUSE THE DESIGN LOOKED BETTER:
11. Edie by Jean Stein: So in college I was going through this phase where I was obsessed with Edie Sedgwick. I watched Factory Girl and searched to find any and all books about her and this one seemed to have the best ratings so naturally I needed to have it. I still WANT to read it but my obsession is more just a fascination now so not much motivation to pick it up.
12. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray: Another one I pre-ordered because I HAD to have it after good buzz for it. I promise I will read you!
So tell me…have you read any of these books? Have any of them on your TBR list? Do you have any books you HAD to have but still haven’t read…like ones that really stand out?!