So I was lazy over the weekend because I was visiting my family and never posted these separately as I planned to on Saturday and Sunday…so you are getting a combo post today!
I know I always highlight upcoming releases in my Catalog Creepin’ posts but typically those are far off. I wanted to highlight the releases for the month I’m most excited about (and you know..help me actually remember about them). In my “Most Wanted” posts I’ll highlight a handful I’m excited to and the categories will be at random and different probably every time depending on what I feel like.
A Contemporary Pick
A Post-Apocalyptic Pick
The setting sounds so interesting — a waterlogged Manhattan? I’m so intrigued and want to find out how it got that way and what the rest of the world is like. Love a good post-apocalyptic type novel so I plan on getting to this one soon especially since I had this out on loan to a friend and she enjoyed it!
Add to Goodreads
A Book From An Author I’ve Previously Read
You all know how much I loved The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight so naturally I’ve had my eye on this one for a while. SO thankful for my friend Mitali for letting me borrow this.
Add to Goodreads
I’m so intrigued by this one and I’ve heard good things about it. I don’t even really understand what it is about but the elements in the summary really piqued my interest — a light that nobody can cross but someone does? What is this place?? How did this girl do something that nobody else could?? QUESTIONS.
Add to Goodreads
My review of The Program by Suzanne Young
A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty (review to come!)
So guys, which ones have you read? Which ones are you excited for? What are some other April releases you are looking forward to? And for the love of puppies, please tell me which ones I should read FIRST?
Image From March
March In One Word
New York (ok two words really)
5 Things That Happened In March:
1. Went to a huge signing at Books of Wonder as part of the Teen Author Festival. Such a fun day with 2 of my book club friends plus countless others.
2. Will and I went to New York for the day and wandered and then went to Atlantic 10 tourny bball game (I people watched).
3. My sister got engaged!!
4. I finally got to meet Snarkles and toured Epic Reads!
5. Went to visit my dad, stepmom and sister during Easter weekend!
5 Songs That Were Most Popular On My Ipod This Month:
1. I Am The Antichrist To You by Kishi Bashi (Also at #6 was It All Began With A Burst)
2. 1957 by Milo Greene
3. Time To Run — Lord Huron
4. Running For Cover by Ivan & Alyosha
5. Smashed Birds by Soley
Top 3 Books I Read This Month:
Most Popular Review This Month
No surprise here since everyone kept shouting at me to read it!! SO GLAD I LISTENED!
Most Popular 5 Blog Posts Overall This Month
1. A Moment Of Truth On The Blogging Front — you guys, I love you. That’s all. You have no idea how much your words meant to me.
2. Cozying Up With Old Friends – In this installment of Before & After I loved learning all of our rereading habits!
3. Book Real Estate — this is why you guys are my people!
4. Books I HAD To Buy But Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread — oh the shame!
5. Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List — I’ve already started on some of these!
3 New Obsessions In March
2 Things I’m Looking Forward To In April
Favorite Quote From March
I like that about art, that what you see is sometimes more about who you are than what’s on the wall. I look at this painting and think about how everyone has some secret inside, something sleeping like that yellow bird.”
― Cath Crowley, Graffiti Moon