Top Ten (Errr 11) Fictional Crushes In Books

toptentuesssTop Ten Tuesday, as  always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish

This week’s topic: Top Ten Fictional Crushes In Books

No shame here! I crush on and swoon over fictional men while I read! I’ve got BROS…in different area codes. (Please get that reference or I’ll just look dumb).

TTT4-2 TTT422

Travis from Something Like Normal by Trish Doller: Oh my goodness. I love him so much. One of my newest fictional crushes. I can’t even tell you how much I love him. SO MANY REASONS WHYYYY!

Tucker from Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand: AHHH I love him. He’s sweet and interesting and a HOT COWBOY.

Rowan from Wanderlove by Kirsten  Hubbard: I fell in love with him and could imagine my fictional self traveling and exploring and talking about all the beauty in the world and experiencing it with him. At the heart of his philosophy of travel was something that I share in.

Jay from The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting: He’s one of those nice guys that I know I would have gone for in high school. Super supportive and sweet but he also shares his opinions and I like that. He’s not a doormat.

Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: I so would have gone for him in high school. He’s interesting and sweet and EFF YAH for truly nice guys in YA lit. He’s just adorable and I ship my fictional self and him.

Adam from If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman: These two books gave me the most complete picture of Adam and I really forgot he was fictional. He’s perfectly imperfect and I would go crazy for him to write me a song. One of the most longstanding book boyfriends I’ve ever had. MY HEART. OH MY HEART.

Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice: Is this really a surprise?  ALL OF THE SWOONS.

Perry AND Roar from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: Yes I want them both. SO WHAT!

Conrad and Jeremiah from The Summer I Turned Pretty series by Jenny Han: Ok, here’s the thing. I try to stay away from brothers. That gets sticky. Trust me. But these two brothers appeal to two different sides of me and if I could just combine them that would be AWESOME. I really need to finish this series!

Willem by Just One Day by Gayle Forman: I know a lot of people aren’t sold on Willem yet but I am (and this is not just because Gayle Forman told me that she would pick Willem over Adam!). I got this sense of something in him despite the sometimes cocky exterior and mystery. I love his sense of wonder and how carefree he is. I just know in Just One Year I am going to fall more in love with him and this crush will be full on LUUUURVE.

Marcus from the Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty: Oh Marcus. I still need to read book 4 & 5 but I have fallen in love with Marcus and his growth. Sometimes I want to punch him because of his boy shenanigans but others times he is the sweetest ever. YOU YES YOU.

So tell me…do you love any of my crushes or do you not understand any of mine?? Who are some of yours??

Jamie is a 30 year old married lady who is in denial that she’s actually that old. When she’s not reading you can find her doing Pilates followed by eating ice cream, listening to music with oversized headphones and having adventures with her husband and dog.

Comments

1. Love your list!! Adam…drooool!! He made mine too, obvi 🙂 But Betty and I are gonna have to talk about this Tucker situation…

2. Oh my gosh, JAY. I freaking loved Jay in The Body Finder. ALL THE KISSING SCENES. And Rowan! Awesome list, Jamie! You have so many that I am headdesking over forgetting!

3. Yay for Ronan Jamie! He was such a great character :). Definitely one of the best boys from the books I read last year. I have yet to finish If I stay and Where She Went, so I hope I like Adam as much as everybody else.

4. Oh Cricket and Conrad were totally on my list and got the boot but I do love them a lot!

Marissa @ Rae Gun Ramblings

5. Aria can keep Perry, but I’m right there with you on Roar! I wasn’t a huge fan of Under the Never Sky, but I really, REALLY loved Roar. And Darcy, of course!

6. I swoon for Mr. Darcy!

I’ve already seen If I Stay on so many lists it has me really intrigued, I need to read. Great top ten.

7. I seriously almost added Willem, and I’m kicking myself for not including Cricket! Duh, Jana! I knew you would have Rowan on your list, because you’re a travel bug like me! Such a fun list! I feel like I need to go read The Summer I Turned Pretty. I have heard so many good things about it! Same with If I Stay/Where She Went. But those books scare me.

8. TUCKER?????????? 😉

9. michelle_etc says:

Cricket!!!!! I’m so happy you chose him! I feel like he doesn’t get enough love as far as YA boys go. <3 Love the rest of your list too!

10. Jamie!! How have your not finished The Pretty series- considering you chose both brothers this surprises me. Haha. So many books so little time. I chose one of them for my list. It seems we have similar tastes in book crushes.

Happy Reading,

My TTT

11. I actually made the same comment on Tucker for my list. Haha!

Cool list!

Janus @ The Blair Book Project

12. I wanted to include Jay, Tucker and Cricket in my list too but there were just too many awesome guys to pick from. Here are my picks.

13. I just finished Unearthly today and I realized Tucker should belong on my list…which has already been posted. He’s an honourary member in my heart. I LOVED him and was rooting for him the entire book. BOO Christian’s boring.

14. Oh my goodness, your list!! I left Adam out in the end because I talk about him so much, but I’m kind of wishing I had added him – and WILLEM! He’s a new favorite of mine, but I’m waiting until the next book to make my final decision… Although, I’m pretty sure I’ll love him.

My Top Ten

15. I had trouble picking between Perry & Roar! Haha. <3 love them both for different reasons! And ADAM. OH ADAM. What a man, he's the best * I AM sold on Willem cuz I have so much faith in him, but i CANT WAIT to be even more passionate about it with Just One Year!

16. Marissa says:

Nice list! I actually haven’t read any of the books above, but have really wanted to 🙂

17. Your lists always have me thinking about things I forgot. We’ve discussed you making me think Jamie! Anyhoo, my list will be up later today.

18. I need to read more of the books/guys on your list! I did put Adam on mine too though!

My TTT

19. What an amazing list you have. I can’t wait to read some of these books! Love your format, too 🙂
    <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen’s Top Ten!

20. Yes, a thousand times yes to Cricket! I love swooning over the bad boys *coughWarnercough* but guys like Cricket are the sort of person I’d really want to end up with, in real life. He’s so quirky, without being over-the-top-alarmingly-so, and intelligent – intelligence is a must – and genuinely nice. Jay and Adam too – although I’d steal Cricket before I’d steal them. *sighs*
    Although the more I think about Adam… *sighs again*

21. Jen (A Reading Daydreamer) says:

SOMEBODY’S GETTIN’ SOME. Lol just kidding. We all have tons and tons of fictional boy crushes! I’ve only met a handful of those yummy-sounding boys like Travis, Rowan, Cricket, and Adam. I SOO want to meet Marcus and Willem! Those are some fantastic boys to crush on, Jamie! Brilliant post, as always 🙂

22. OMG I can’t believe I didn’t put Tucker on my list! What’s wrong with me?! I do have Adam on mine too. I suppose that redeems me a little? 😉 Fab list, Jamie!

23. Oh my gosh, I so agree with the half Jeremiah and half Conrad thing! 🙂
    Top Ten Book Boyfriends

24. I <3 Marcus Flutie too 🙂 You should totally finish the series!!

25. You can have the rest (probably because I didn’t read the books yet) but Mr. Darcy is mine mine mine. Just kidding, I’m reasonable we can share. 😀

Jamie, if I were to make a list ours would look ALMOST THE SAME! You picked some very swoon-worthy boys <3

27. I was THIS CLOSE to including Perry on my list – I love him!

Here’s my list – TTT @ Krista’s Dust Jacket

28. #1 – now that song is stuck in my head at 9 something in the morning…NOT NICE
    #2 – why is it that every time I visit a list it makes me rethink mine? Now I’m thinking that Rowen and Cricket REALLY deserve to be in the top 10, but who does that make go away on mine? 😉

29. I have Adam, Travis, and Perry on my list too. Willem I am definitely reserving judgement on until I read Just One Year. I can’t believe Gayle Foreman told you she’d pick Willem over Adam! How can that be!?

30. Adam. Adam. Adam. ADAM!!!!!!!!

31. Oh, I didn’t think about Rowan! And I’m glad you added Darcy to your list. He’s definitely on mine, too! 🙂 And Cricket! *swoons*

32. Love your list:) A lot of sexy fictional guys:)

33. I just finished Lola and the Boy Next Door, so I am TOTALLY on board with Cricket. And Darcy, of course. Like you said, ALL of the swoons. Sigh.

Ahem. Anyway, this has just made me want to add all of those books to my reading list – literary crushes are the best.

34. I want Perry and Roar too. Who’s to say bigamy’s not allowed among the Tides? You could have them both and it would be ok! *shifty eyes*
    I loved Rowan in Wanderlust too. Oh and Cricket. Man, he was adorable. I have all the other books on my TBR/wish list, so I’ll look forward to more swoony guys!

~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

35. I did not read most of these books. Now I am curious about the guys!

36. CRICKET. *swoons* I like I liked St Clair a little, eensy bit more as far as SP’s guys go, but Cricket was pretty darn awesome. Also. TRAVIS. <3 <3

Great list, Jamie! I'm sorry I didn't participate now. *cries*

37. I’m just here to say: SO, SO, SO MUCH YES TO CRICKET!

38. Lizzie Bennet Diaries renewed my love for Darcy…SWOONS INDEED!!

Also..EEP..I haven’t read any of these titles except P&P! Under the Never Sky is on my TBR though!! I even have a copy!

39. Darcy. My oh my, yes. To quote you: “All the swoons.”

40. You definitely have to finish the Jessica Darling series and the The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy! Brilliant reads.

41. Awww, I love Perry and Roar, too! They’re such great guys, aren’t they? 🙂

42. I came very close to selecting Cricket for my top 10. I loved his character. I have unearthly on my TBR list. I may have to move it closer to the top if there is a crush worthy boy 🙂

Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-characters-i-would.html

43. Yay for Tucker! I had him on my list too! SO many people love the Jessica Darling series and Stephanie Perkins’ books- I really need to read them!!

My TTT

Jessica@Lovin’ Los Libros

44. So many people have Tucker from Unearthly on their list. I really need to pick up this series. I also love Perry & Roar! Perry made my list 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

45. We were talking about Willem right after we first met, and he is now on both of our lists. Bonding!

Oh, also, why didn’t I put Roar on my list? Or Adam? Or Tucker? I haven’t met most of the other boys yet, but I hope I love them when I do!

46. I’ve only read the beginning of it, but I already have a crush on the guy in Trish’s third book (not out till fall 2014) and I think you will too.

I love Adam. LOVE HIM. But I can’t get into Willem, even though I loved the book. I just imagine him as being not my type at all, looks-wise.

47. Annabelle H says:

Yes! Mr Darcy! I love him too! I haven’t read any of the others yet!

My Top Ten!

48. I never thought I’d like a cowboy, but Tucker stole my heart in Unearthly. I haven’t quite finished off the series yet, but for now my Tucker devotion is firmly in place.

And Rowan – if I could even just be BFFs and travel all over the place with him, that would be AMAZING. You know how much I adore traveling, and his travel philosophy is totally something I’d agree with.

49. Hooray for Travis! I never crush on him myself because he feels like my own son, but the guy from Where the Stars Still Shine is pretty swoony, and both guys from Arcadia Falls have their own charms…at first. 😉

If I was making a list for myself, it would include Ryan from Raw Blue in the number one spot. I can’t even imagine another book guy coming between me and Ryan, but I will say that Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Road is a very close second, followed by Brigan (Fire), Stoyan (Cybele’s Secret), Eli (Along for the Ride), and Dave (A Little Wanting Song).

50. Ummmm, how did I forget about Perry and Roar? I’m so disappointed in myself.

Willem actually crossed my mind. I seem to be in the minority who IS sold on him. I mean, all we have is Allyson’s side of the story, so I’m sure there’s got to be more to it than what we saw.

51. Great list!!! Love Love Love!

52. Oh Perry, how I love him so. You can have Roar, though. To me he was more of a friend than a romantic interest, but I can totally see why everyone loves him so much.

53. So, I still haven’t read the 3rd Summer book (I know! I know!) but I’m totally a fan of Jeremiah and not Conrad. It’s hard because I want to like who the main character does, but he makes it so difficult sometimes! 🙂 Fun list! I totally agree with Cricket though!

54. Darcy!!! Rowan!!! I’m actually currently reading both books right now (hehe, coincidence much?) and both guys have already captured my heart! 🙂

55. Oh my god, I totally agree with everything you said about Cricket. I wish I went to high school with him (and lived next door to him). ;D

My top ten!

56. I have so many book boy crushes it’s insane. The awesome thing is that you only mentioned 4 of them here and the rest are all new to me!
    Insert me madly reading all those books 😀

57. Darcy is on my list, too. I loved him in the book, and even more so after the LBD version. Rowan and Cricket are amazing, as well.

58. Ummmm…hello? St. Clair?! I can’t believe you left him off your list! The rest of it is great, just think it needs to be 12!

59. Always Fitzwilliam Darcy. Always.

60. I’m casting my vote for Willem. I love that Gayle didn’t make him a juvenile idea of “perfect.” *****STOP READING NOW TO AVOID SPOILERS!***** He didn’t fall apart (as far as we know), he continued dating, and he carried on with his life. It made him seem so real and someone worth fighting for. Can’t wait for Just One Year!

Stephanie

61. I’m glad I’m not the only one who loves Tucker! You have so many good choices, and I can’t believe I somehow managed to forget about Adam and Mr. Darcy!

62. MARCUS! I don’t see him enough, but he is SO swoony! 😉 I also love Adam, Perry, Raor, Rowan (another underrated figure), Darcy, Cricket, and Jay. Lovely list, Jamie! 🙂

63. Great list! I love Cricket and Tucker too. I still need to read quite a few of these, but they are on my wishlist. Thanks for sharing!

64. I love that Adam is on your list too! Like you I felt Adam was an actual real person!

65. LMAO! I get your reference. Who doesn’t like Ludacris? 🙂

As for the list, I’m waiting for Marcus Flutie to grow on me. I’ve only read the first book and so far, I can’t get past the redheaded dreads.

66. I have a crush on almost every boy on this list, and don’t worry I added Willem on my list too. I can tell (although I already like him) that I’m just going to FALL in love with him in Just One Year. Jeremiah from the summer series. eh if he hadn’t done what he did in the last book I would of had him on my list.
    Lily @ lilysbookblog

67. Oh, Travis. <3 Also, Willem. I looooved him in Just One Day, and I completely agree that I am pretty sure I'll fall head over heels for him in Just One Year – must.have.now. Great list. 🙂

68. I loved you list–I haven’t read many of them, but you make me want to! And I absolutely adore Tucker as well!

Gabbie @ Rampant Readers

69. Ohhh man, I love Cricket! And I have heard ALL of the good things about Marcus, so I think I need to go to the library ASAP and check out the Jessica Darling series. Well, after I pay my library fines. xD

70. Susanna says:

I should defo check out some of this books already!