Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish
This week’s topic: Top Ten Books When You Want Something Light & Fun
I realized, in looking through all the books I’ve read, that I read a lot of dark books apparently. I do think I’ve gained a better balance lately in the past year or so with reading some light and fun ones to break up some of the heavier ones. I did notice even in some of my “light and fun” picks they are still dealing with a semi serious life issue but the general feel is more light and fun. Another interesting thing? Most of my light and fun picks are more romance-y.
1. The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E.Smith: This was so cute & romantic and I read it in one day.
2. Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway: This was one of the most fun books I’ve ever read — it made me laugh in a way that only Jessica Daring has succeeded. Definitely a fun one when you need something light and cute!
3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: There is some serious in the book but overall the feel is light and fun and romantic. Not complete fluff but it’s definitely one I reread when I need a pick-me-up.
4. Also Known As by Robin Benway: What is more fun than a teenage spy! I could not stop smirking while reading this one. It made for a perfect gym read besides the fact I looked psychotic all smiley on the treadmill.
5. How My Summer Went Up In Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski: I LIKED this one but didn’t love it but it was still something that was incredibly light and fun that I would recommend to people. Especially if you like road trip books. Despite some of my problems I can’t deny how absolutely fun this book was!
6. Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt: This was really sweet and fun and I read it in between two heavier books and it was PERFECT. Made me smile and I loved the family aspect of this one!
7. All I Need by Susane Colasanti: This honestly was just a good read for me — not great — but it was light and fun and I wouldn’t hesitate to someone looking for something light and romancey even with some things that might be bothersome about it. It was one of the more lighter and fun reads I’ve read recently.
8. Over You by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus: This one was really fun as a honeymoon read and it was perfect because I needed something just fun and light. There are things about this one that I had to suspend my disbelief but it was just FUN and I didn’t need to think much of.
9. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard: This is one of my favorite YA contemporaries and I think that it has a lot of depth compared to the rest of the ones I’ve listed but it still is really fun and light. Definitely makes you think a bit but still not super heavy.
10. Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn’t Have) by Sarah Mlynowski: This was FUN. A pretty outlandish plot, I’ll be honest, and my belief had to be suspended a few times but this was pretty light and fun despite some issues dealt with. The MC will irritate you and make you want to be like GIRL WISE UP! but I really enjoyed this one.
So tell me…what are some books you would recommend when I need something light and fun?? I honestly never read many light and fun books before the past year or so.