I LOVED When You Were Here by Daisy Whitney and one of my favorite things about the book was Danny’s relationship with his dog Sandy Koufax. I don’t normally do blog tours like this with character interviews but Sandy Koufax is the exception because I loved her so much and I’m such a sucker for a memorable pet in my books.
1. What is Sandy’s favorite spot in the house to take a nap?
The couch, of course! She usually rearranges a few pillows and tosses one or two off, then curls up in a dog ball.
2. What is Sandy’s most favorite people food treat that Danny sneaks him now and again?
Peanutbutter! He lets her lick the inside of the peanutbutter jar when it’s nearly empty. Sandy Koufax considers this the equivalent of canine bliss.
3. How does Sandy like to wake Danny up in the morning?
By pacing around the bed at 4:30 a.m. until he wakes up and feeds her. She’s a border collie mix, after all! Her internal clock is telling her it’s time to go herd sheep and work the farm, even if there’s no farm for her to work.
4. Where is Sandy’s favorite place to take a walk with Danny?
Anyplace with excellent scents for dogs, which would probably be an alley full of garbage. (He doesn’t take her there, of course!). Otherwise, she loves hikes in the hills.
5. Did Sandy ever have a naughty puppy moment where she did something bad (like chew up a pair of shoes) and Danny couldn’t help but laugh?
She ate his bluetooth headset. He hated that thing anyway.
I have 5 copies of When You Were Here by Daisy Whitney, provided by the publisher, to give away to my readers! GUYS, this is a book you want to read! It was a 5 star book for me! You can check out my Save the Date for it and my review will come next week! US only, sorry! Also no PO boxes.