Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted at my other blog — The Broke & the Bookish
This week’s topic: Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition
1, 2, & 3: In the contemporary YA world I feel like Jessi Kirby (author of Golden, In Honor & Moonglass), Morgan Matson, (author of Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour & Second Chance Summer) & Trish Doller (author of Something Like Normal) need more recognition. I mean, they are all very popular in the book blogging world for contemporary lovers but I feel like they deserve much more recognition outside of it.
4. I feel like, while Sarah Ockler garnered a lot of recognition for Twenty Boy Summer when the whole Scroggins book banning scandal happened, she deserves a lot more recognition for her other wonderful books — the latest of which, The Book of Broken Hearts, I loved!!
5. When I read Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway it prompted me to make a shelf on Goodreads called “WTF WHY IS THIS NOT MORE POPULAR?” I think she is one of those authors who definitely deserves more recognition for her books which always seem to make me laugh or smirk (Also Known As).
6. I’ve only read Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuenhert but after that I felt like Stephanie’s books were something special and found a lot of people I talk to/commented on my review had never heard of her books which makes me SAD.
7. I don’t read a ton of paranormal but I love Jeri Smith-Ready! I feel like her books are SO much better than a lot of the popular paranormal series out there now that teens are scooping up!
8. There’s a lot of popular Aussie authors in YA and I feel like Kirsty Eager is one that doesn’t get as much recognition here in the US and she totally deserves it!
9. I just read my first Catherine McKenzie (Arranged) book recently and I feel like she deserves WAY more recognition than she has in the “chick lit” realm.
10. Jillian Larkin’s Vixen series I feel like got overshadowed by Anna Godberson’s Bright Young Thing series because they came out around the same time and Anna already had a popular series out. Jillian Larkin is FABULOUS!
So tell me…have you read any of the authors on my list? Agree with me on any of these? What are some authors YOU think deserve more recognition that I may not have heard of before?