Image From September
September In One Word
5 Things That Happened In September:
1. I finally read book 1 of the HARRY POTTER SERIES. *basks in applause* You know I’ve been ashamed of this and endured MANY years of harassing for this on this blog alone. Some of you followed along with my #HPvirgin tweets and were amused by my HP innocence. At one point I tweeted, “Oh that Snape…I can tell he is going to be trouble.” and someone said, “Oh you are just soooo cute and have NO IDEA.” GUYS I AM SCARED.
2. Will ran a half marathon and did AMAZING! Like in the top 2,000 out of 18,000 runners and it was his first race. I can brag about my husband yeah??
3. Book club went and saw Elizabeth Wein when she came to town (have YOU read Code Name Verity??) and then the Fierce Reads tour stop came to Philly and we went to that and had A BLAST. (Great meeting Leila Sales after LOVING This Song Will Save Your Life and the one and only Marissa Meyer who made me love cyborgs).
4. I got in a WICKED reading slump. It’s not even about that I’m not finding good books but it’s more like I’m just fickle and can’t commit to anything. I read 1 page and bail on everything.
5. I really spent a lot of days enjoying the weather because it’s been BEAUTIFUL.
6 Songs That Were Most Popular On My Ipod This Month:
I put all my Monthly Rewinds In a Spotify playlist so you can listen to them here now ! I also have an September 2013 playlist filled with other AWESOME songs that wouldn’t fit on here. I have a VERY eclectic taste in music so you are bound to find something!
1. Put Me To Work — Papa (realllly obsessed with this song…I am digging all the singles they are putting out in 2013 and could see them being a big deal!)
2. Hearts Like Ours — The Naked and the Famous
3. Pumpin Blood – NONONO
4. My Heart Is Raw – Jacq Becker (she only has 2 singles out but I really like her voice!!)
5. Love Don’t Go — The Family Crest (OBSESSED!!)
6. Chocolate — The 1975
Top 2 Books I Read This Month:
SIGH I only read 4 books in total this month. PLEASE MAKE THIS SLUMP GO AWAY.
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
2. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Most Popular Review This Month
Most Popular 5 Blog Posts Overall This Month
1. Current Status: Drowning In Books — You guys definitely seemed to understand my problem in my Vine and my discussion! Will saw my Vine and was like YEAH..I should have made that. I AM DROWNING IN YOUR BOOKS.
2. Top Ten Books On My Fall 2013 TBR List: You guys made me so excited for the books on my list PLUS I’m off to a good start with my list!
3. When Everyone Else Loves A Book I Don’t…: I shared something I wonder when I don’t like a book which was whether or not I would have loved a book that was very hyped if I read it before it was hyped or if I was destined not to like it…regardless of the hype!
4. Top Ten Books I’d Like To See As A Movie/Tv Show: This one was so much fun!
5. My Favorite Sequels : This was a hard list to come up with because I suck at series!
3 New Obsessions In September
3 Things I’m Looking Forward To In October
3. A Harry Potter festival in my town!!
Favorite Quote From A Book I Read In September
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
5 Posts I Starred In My Reader That You Should Check Out
1. How To Create A Marriage That Feels Like A Honeymoon — loved this as a newlywed!
2. The Two Minute Cinnamon Banana Mug Cake — UM YUM.
3. Anna’s post on being a proud book quitter – I WISH I COULD BE LIKE HER. You all know my problems.
4. Interesting post about if book blogging has fallen out of fashion. Some observations I’ve myself noticed.
5. My friend Jess has an awesome blog that always seems to resonate with me and I loved this post called “When Was The Last Time You Did Something For The First Time?” Contemplating FIRST TIMES I can have soon!
What sort of things were noteworthy for you in September? New obsessions? Any new song recs?? Best books you read this month? Great posts I missed on your blog? Tell me!