So this summer I did a check in on my bookish resolutions for 2013 and needed to crack the whip when I saw my progress. One of the areas that I wanted to work on this year was at least TRYING some of the genres I really haven’t read from/was kind of scared of. Thus, Courting Genres was born — I enlist the help of “experts” in the genre (you can still help me with some genres!!), they give a few picks for me and then YOU all vote. Then I get all gussied up and start courting that genre with the 2 books with the highest votes. I started with Courting the Adult Romance Genre and I have now procured the winners and I’m excited to announce them!
The winners are …
(Right now every book in this series is $1.99 for the Kindle!! So you can read with me, yah?)
My Initial Reactions
1. I was SUPER excited that the Lucky Harbor series was picked because so many of my friends have loved it.
2. I love contemporary and I do like adult books so I’m thinking Lucky Harbor is going to be a good one for me.
3. I’m NERVOUS about The Duke & I. Not going to lie. I love historical fiction but historical romance is just not in my realm of things I ever thought I’d read.
4. OMG I AM READING ROMANCE NOVELS! Snobby college Jamie’s nose is UP HIGH.
5. HAHAHA as I’m writing this (I’m at my sister’s helping out with Genevieve and the BRAND NEW NIECE I HAVE!!) and Will is going to pick up my holds at the library — yep these two books. He says he’s going to do self checkout but I said real men hand their romance novels right to the librarian.
6. I actually picked up another novel on my original post to read after I court these because it didn’t get picked by I really was interested in it (Exclusively Yours).
SO TELL ME. Have you read either of these novels? Do you think I will like them? Which one do you think I’ll like more? Or just give me a boost of moral support as I enter into this courtship! ALSO..check out my original “courting” post and see which genres I still need experts for!! Also, feel free to join me in my endeavor!